DTMF, please help

aprizion

Hello, I am testing/trying to use DTMF with a URL, as seen below:

1669772298015.png

I've setup 7991B tone to start a song only by DTMF, as seen below, but unfortunatelly, not works. What I am doing wrong?

1669773493706.png

Also, I've disabled all fades and I've checked my DTMF tones using RadioBoss tool:
Any help is really appreciatted:

1669773673271.png

1669773730607.png

In the screenshot you will see fade in/fade out checked, but this is because screenshot is wrong. Please, consider all fades disabled, thanks!

The DMTF checker tool, in the screenshot, detected the tones, but nothing happens when I try to use it in the RadioBoss.

I'm testing using two computers: A and b.
A - RadioBoss broadcasting music and DTMF tones
B - RadioBoss receiving the streaming audio from URL

When computer A, play DTMF (please see screenshots of my first post) supposed computer B should interrupt audio coming from streaming URL, but nothing happens.

Now, I am testing this scenario with the audio from URL, instead of Audio Input to detect the tones, but I am going to use both when implemented.

Here is the file I am trying to use as DTMF start:

Please, what I am doing wrong? I am testing, because I've some clients that wants to buy and use RadioBoss in their satellite stations. Thanks.

Hello, it's working now, but how can I set to play again the "stream url and/or line input" when "end dtmf" command to be activated? Thanks.

Hello, it's working now, but how can I set to play again the "stream url and/or line input" when "end dtmf" command to be activated? Thanks.
What did you change to make it work?

When "DTMF End" is detected, it will stop playing the event that was started by DTMF and continue playing the items in the main playlist.

What did you change to make it work?

When "DTMF End" is detected, it will stop playing the event that was started by DTMF and continue playing the items in the main playlist.
After I set to repeat every 1 min and activated week days, DTMF it starts to work fine (start and end).

Even working fine, I've some questions:
  • was this the reason to DTMF it starts to work? Its really necessary set repeat and week days, etc?
  • I've kept set 5 min in the DTMF settings, but what is the relation with repeat every 1 minute, is there?
  • so, if I wish to continue playing, for example, URL or Line In, should I go before to "Playlist > Add URL, etc"?
  • how many licenses do I need to install multiple instances of RadioBoss and RadioCaster in the "same" machine
  • if I buy one license each of RadioCaster and RadioBoss, this works only in one machine (for several instances) or should work in more than 1 machine, for 1 instance only per machine?

Here my current settings, working fine. Please, give me any tips if I am missing something or let me know if I am fine to go, thanks:

1669831638411.png

1669831757032.png

As extra info: all fades are deactivated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
was this the reason to DTMF it starts to work? Its really necessary set repeat and week days, etc?
Week days are not necessary, because you have all of them checked. This is the same as if this feature is disabled.

For repeats, if it didn't work without repeat every 1 minute enabled, it means that it wasn't expecting the tone at the right time. If you want to make it work without enabling the Repeat feature, you can correct the start time of the event, and also in Settings->DTMF, extend the tone detection frame, by default it's 5 minute before and 5 minutes after event start time (meaning in total it has a 10 minute window to detect a tone).

I've kept set 5 min in the DTMF settings, but what is the relation with repeat every 1 minute, is there?
In your setup, when event is repeated every 1 minute all day it means it always expects the tone.

so, if I wish to continue playing, for example, URL or Line In, should I go before to "Playlist > Add URL, etc"?
Better if you have it already in the playlist. One of the typical setups is when you have a stream in the playlist, and enable the Repeat List feature. It will make it play any events that start (DTMF or by time) - events will play and it will continue with the stream automatically.

There's also a new feature - Relay: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/relaying.htm - maybe for your case it'll be better. When you use a relay, in the events enable the "Priority over the relay" option.

how many licenses do I need to install multiple instances of RadioBoss and RadioCaster in the "same" machine
One license is enough if all installs are under the same Windows account. You can have multiple instances under the same user.

Hello, a few more questions:

Better if you have it already in the playlist. One of the typical setups is when you have a stream in the playlist, and enable the Repeat List feature. It will make it play any events that start (DTMF or by time) - events will play and it will continue with the stream automatically.
Ok, dring my tests I was adding manually the line input or url stream to play after END DTMF.

But, in the case of automated the process, should I create separated events? Where:
  • START DTMF -> play my playlist or so
  • END DTMF -> play line input or url stream
Please, let me kow if every step below are really necessary, because the pain point is to understand what should happen after DTMF end, as I explain. Also, I know its necessary to setup the option "check DTMF on:" in the options, so the screenshot below will be to add more info about my knowledge. But, please, let me know if all the steps are ok or should I check/uncheck something, to keep all the steps useful and correct:

1670245307004.png

DTMF start:

1670245077476.png

DTMF end to play line input:

1670245155992.png

DTMF end to play URL stream:

1670245239403.png

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1670244948476.png
    1670244948476.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 81
OK, I've find a way to always get the line input or stream URL:

- The best way is setup two events like START DTMF with different DTMF codes and ignore (no set any END DTMF), where:

- START DTMF event 1 (e.g.: A123) (it starts the music, playlist or so)
- START DTMF event 2 (e.g.: B456) (it starts again my stream url or line input audio)

Anyway, if you wish to send me any relevant tips, will be more than useful. Thanks.

If your stream doesn't change often, the easiest way is to simply add it to the playlist and enable the "Repeat List" option. This way, you will make RadioBOSS always play your stream. Then when events start (DTMF or by time) they interrupt the stream, play, and after they end (naturally or with DTMF end, doesn't matter) it will return playing the stream.

Hello, I am using ads scheduler with 1 ads per block of 3 seconds to play every specific times. But, how can I set these ads to interrupt my stream URL, line input or relay and, after that, returns automatically to play one of the actions mentioned? I've set all the ads, but after play my relay or so it stops... Thanks,

Hello, I am using ads scheduler with 1 ads per block of 3 seconds to play every specific times. But, how can I set these ads to interrupt my stream URL, line input or relay and, after that, returns automatically to play one of the actions mentioned? I've set all the ads, but after play my relay or so it stops... Thanks,
If the ads are inserted into the playlist, enable the "Repeat List" option. Better way would be to use the "Overlay playback" option for ads events, and also set the "Playlist volume" option to zero, to silence the main playlist while the ads are playing.

Got it, but I got two issues:
  • relay is playing, 3s ads scheduler play a file (metadata is not sent, relay should pause and back again after ad end, but stops)
  • relay is playing, 3s event play a file (metadata is not sent, relay works fine, pausing and back again)
I need to send metadata of ad played, once this will be used to ad trigger. Thanks.

Also, looks like RadioBoss is skipping one of my files in the playlist.

• Live Stream 25 min (play OK)
  • start 3 sec file (play OK)
  • break file 2 minutes (play OK)
  • break file 2 minutes (play OK)
  • end 3 sec file (skipped)

Back