Station ID overlay

Hello, I play a two hour music mix program mp3 with no DJ announcements or jingles. How can I place an overlay track for a vocal announcement or a station ID every half an hour where the music track will lower the volume momentarily?

Does this play the overlay just once at the beginning of the scheduled program? I am trying to play an overlay every half an hour on same 2 hour program. Thank you.
The event will start as specified in the event options, if you need it to start periodically, use the Repeat Every fature.

I was testing overlay playback on RB Cloud with a stream URL, but when I set it to repeat every XX minutes, instead of the stream audio restarting, one audio was superimposed on the other, creating a layered effect.

I was testing overlay playback on RB Cloud with a stream URL, but when I set it to repeat every XX minutes, instead of the stream audio restarting, one audio was superimposed on the other, creating a layered effect.
This is, actually, by design. You ask it to start a new player, and this is what it does. Each event starts in its own player, so the number of players is not limited. If you need to restart the stream, you should specify its duration e.g. to 60 minutes and have an event that starts playback also every 60 minutes. By the way, why restart the stream?

It's not really necessary start the stream, this is fine. Ok, I understand now th approaching. Two questions:

1-if the overlay event is "not" an stream, and I set repeat every X and duration X, this works fine.
1.1-But, if the overlay event is stream URL, even if I set the duration for example 10 minutes and repeat every 10 minutes the audio is superimposed.

That's fine your explanation and I agree with you that I don't need restart the stream. The info above are only FYI / backlog.

2-because I need the stream working 24/7, my concern is: what happens if the stream stops for some seconds, minutes due some source issue?
2.1-RB Cloud will send me silence notification?
2.2-RB Cloud will waiting until the stream under the overlay event returns, no matter how much time it takes?

Thank you!

1.1-But, if the overlay event is stream URL, even if I set the duration for example 10 minutes and repeat every 10 minutes the audio is superimposed.
After playing for 10 minutes, the overlay event will also stop. They may overlap in some cases, e.g. it can take couple of seconds to start the stream; if there were interruptions, it will be restarted which also takes time so effectively it can "run" for more than set time.

I did a quick test and overlay event with stream playing in it indeed closes after stream's playback time is up so there's no bug.

2-because I need the stream working 24/7, my concern is: what happens if the stream stops for some seconds, minutes due some source issue?
If you simply play the stream and nothing else, you can simply add it to the playlist. Main Playlist in RadioBOSS Cloud works in Repeat List mode meaning it will repeat over and over. If there's a single item, it will be repeated - meaning if the stream "ends" for whatever reason, it will be restarted, indefinitely.

After playing for 10 minutes, the overlay event will also stop. They may overlap in some cases, e.g. it can take couple of seconds to start the stream; if there were interruptions, it will be restarted which also takes time so effectively it can "run" for more than set time.
I've set a test to repeat a stream every 2 minutes and keep the duration 20sec -- but, after starting stream, 20 seconds after the stream it keeps playing...
This is FYI, I do not need to repeat stream every XXsec/min, but maybe at any point, this will be necessary. For now, maybe I am doing something wrong?

1709571235826.png

I did a quick test and overlay event with stream playing in it indeed closes after stream's playback time is up so there's no bug.

If you simply play the stream and nothing else, you can simply add it to the playlist. Main Playlist in RadioBOSS Cloud works in Repeat List mode meaning it will repeat over and over. If there's a single item, it will be repeated - meaning if the stream "ends" for whatever reason, it will be restarted, indefinitely.
The screenshot of my settings is that after the time set/duration the stream it keeps playing;

Not work for me to keep the stream 24/7 over the playlist.

I am currently using "overlay playback" with the stream URL 24/7 and I have two scheduled events with two triggers (10 seconds each) that are sent every 30 minutes (markers)... The key here is to keep the streaming running 24/7 and, every 30 minutes, send specific metadata (trigger) without interrupting the stream:

1709571803858.png

The stream works fine and is reliable, but if fails at any point, I would like RB Cloud it keeps trying until gets a connection... Maybe a featured request...

That's why I've requested if-> then featured here and, of course, another great feature will be creating a playlist and, instead of interrupting the playlist to send a file with metadata, RB Cloud just sent the metadata in the scheduled time I set... For now, overlay stream + scheduled events is the only basic way I've found to accomplish the goal...

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

I've set a test to repeat a stream every 2 minutes and keep the duration 20sec -- but, after starting stream, 20 seconds after the stream it keeps playing...
This is FYI, I do not need to repeat stream every XXsec/min, but maybe at any point, this will be necessary. For now, maybe I am doing something wrong?
Duration limit only works for non-overlay events. If you need to specify network stream's duration, you can set it when you add a stream (on your screenshots I see it has "unlimited" duration).

The stream works fine and is reliable, but if fails at any point, I would like RB Cloud it keeps trying until gets a connection... Maybe a featured request...
Currently it will try three times, waiting for some time between the attempts. We'll add it as an option so you can configure it to never give up.

Duration limit only works for non-overlay events. If you need to specify network stream's duration, you can set it when you add a stream (on your screenshots I see it has "unlimited" duration).

Currently it will try three times, waiting for some time between the attempts. We'll add it as an option so you can configure it to never give up.

Duration: thanks for the tip!

Attempts: I am glad to hear that.

Thank you.

Back