Sweeper Selection: allowed duration deviation

Altec

Hi Dmitri,

I started some test for sweeper, I readed the "RadioBOSS Help System" section for sweepers but I don't understand exactly how it works, and how works the option Sweeper Selection in the Scheduler parameters.

I want to use sweepers to avoid songs cuted by Top Hour Jingle and Flash. I use Scheduler multiple actions to load the Top Hour Jingle, the flash, the meteo and then the songs playlist for the hour. For each hour I configured Scheduler to clear playlist before inserting the new one, maybe it's this option which not allow radio boss to insert a sweeper before ?

I created a file with 100 sweepers with durations between 1m16seconds and 6m33seconds, maybe maybe I should create shorter sweepers.

Thanks for your constant precision, and to take time to answer our questions, really appreciable

Best

Altec

When RadioBOSS inserts a sweeper, it will add an entry to the Log to confirm that it happened, do you see that the sweepers are added? If not, ot could mean that it wasn't either properly configured, or it was unable to find a suitable sweeper.

I gave up with the schedular I could control the volume. o Try dropping a mp3 into the schedular and you will see it's so quiet you can't hear it

I gave up with the schedular I could control the volume. o Try dropping a mp3 into the schedular and you will see it's so quiet you can't hear it
You can't drop music tracks to the scheduler. Also, it can't make tracks quieter - scheduler is only able to control playlist volume and only when it's "Overlay playback" event.

Hi Dimitri Yes it goes much quieter none of the volume parameters affect it! I could not get it working sorry

Hi Dimitri Yes it goes much quieter none of the volume parameters affect it! I could not get it working sorry
This is not possible technically. Scheduler in RadioBOSS doesn't make music tracks sound quieter.

When RadioBOSS inserts a sweeper, it will add an entry to the Log to confirm that it happened, do you see that the sweepers are added? If not, ot could mean that it wasn't either properly configured, or it was unable to find a suitable sweeper.
Yes I saw in the log some sweepers.

But what is exactly the working, when you have a gap of 45 seconds radioboss will try to find a sweeper that perfect fit in the gap ? or it will select for example a 60seconds sweeper and cut it when the event is going to start ?

by the way, what means exactly this option : "Sweeper Selection: allowed duration deviation" ? I don't understand exactly

Thanks for clarifications

ALtec

But what is exactly the working, when you have a gap of 45 seconds radioboss will try to find a sweeper that perfect fit in the gap ? or it will select for example a 60seconds sweeper and cut it when the event is going to start ?

by the way, what means exactly this option : "Sweeper Selection: allowed duration deviation" ? I don't understand exactly
It will select a sweeper with 45 seconds duration or more, the "Deviation" option controls how much more it can be, for instance if you set it to 30 seconds, then any sweeper with duration in 45 .. 45+30 seconds range will do.

It will select a sweeper with 45 seconds duration or more, the "Deviation" option controls how much more it can be, for instance if you set it to 30 seconds, then any sweeper with duration in 45 .. 45+30 seconds range will do.
And the event will start at 45 with fading the sweeper or or will he play after the extra 30 seconds?

Thanks alot it's more clear for me

The event will start when it's supposed to, interrupting the sweeper if it's longer (e.g. the amount of time needed to be filled was 30 seconds, and chosen sweeper duration was 45, the rest 15 seconds won't be played).

Thanks, Dmitri,

At 12:59:08 radioboss don't inserted a sweeper it started the next song for 42 seconds playing. I think it's because I checked some options :

So, When sweepers are enabled :

- Should I uncheck the option "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish" because I think the option disables sweepers ? true ?

- Should I use "waiting options" with sweepers enabled ? because If radioboss insert a sweeper 90%chances, the usage of this option is not needed. I had activated this option to avoid that radioboss cut the song which had just been launched after 10 seconds, I had put 45 seconds so that it launches the top time at 13:00:45 for example.

Thanks, this sweepers is a really interesting option

Altec

- Should I uncheck the option "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish" because I think the option disables sweepers ? true ?
If this option is disabled, sweeper will not be inserted, because it's not needed - the event will wait until the playing track finishes.

- Should I use "waiting options" with sweepers enabled ? because If radioboss insert a sweeper 90%chances, the usage of this option is not needed. I had activated this option to avoid that radioboss cut the song which had just been launched after 10 seconds, I had put 45 seconds so that it launches the top time at 13:00:45 for example.
It's not required to activate this option, but you can.

If a sweeper is not inserted, this is likely because there was no appropriate sweeper found.

If this option is disabled, sweeper will not be inserted, because it's not needed - the event will wait until the playing track finishes.
So I have to check this option If I want sweepers working. I use DTMF to start this event, is it possible that DTMF perturbate sweepers working ?

Because yesterday Radioboss inserted only 1 sweeper while it could insert much more according to the parameters I defined.

Thanks

So I have to check this option If I want sweepers working. I use DTMF to start this event, is it possible that DTMF perturbate sweepers working ?
When you use DTMF, RadioBOSS doesn't know exactly when the event will start, so it's not possible to insert a sweeper in this situation.

Is there a log for sweepers ? to see exactly what doesn't work ?
Yes, but it's disabled by default. You can enable it in Settings, General, press Advanced configuration button and set "Logging - Sweeper debug log" option to True. Restart RadioBOSS.

When you use DTMF, RadioBOSS doesn't know exactly when the event will start, so it's not possible to insert a sweeper in this situation.

Yes, but it's disabled by default. You can enable it in Settings, General, press Advanced configuration button and set "Logging - Sweeper debug log" option to True. Restart RadioBOSS.
I use DTMF but at each hour, so, sometimes Sweepers works anyway, strange ??!!

here is the configuration :

1684489504140.png

Have a good day

I use DTMF but at each hour, so, sometimes Sweepers works anyway, strange ??!!
Sweeper is loaded couple of seconds before event's start time. You don't have "DTMF Only" option enabled, meaning that the event will start by time if DTMF will not arrive. In this case, it inserts a sweeper.

I don't think using sweepers combined with DTMF events is a good idea. Sweepers are designed to work with events that start on time - only in ths case it's possible to calculate how many time it needs to fill with sweeper.

Back