Time announcement from just one audio file

Wheslley

Hello, would it be possible for Radioboss to play the time announcement with just one audio file, in an upcoming update? I see that the software that does this, leaves the programming of the radio more fluid, it would be very important that radioboss did as well.

Remember that when using the programmer to start this file using a "substitution macro" delay occurs in the time announcement, you can not generate a playlist also using the playlist generator.

The announcement enters the correct hour and minute, but until the song finishes the corresponding file is already late. The sure thing would be the radioboos recognize only one file as saytime.

Do you have 1440 time announcement file 60*12 - for every hour and minute, or at least files for times when you want announcements to be made (number of hours x 60)? Or you just have files for some minutes only, e.g 00, 15, 45? Please note that there's a feature that can use two files (hour and minute) to create a time announcement: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/automatic_time_announcements.htm

If you want to use only one file for the announcement, then macro is the way to go, for instance, the macro can look like this
C:\TA\?hh-?mm.mp3
and it will select the appropriate file for the current time, e.g. at 15.45 it will select "C:\TA\15-45.mp3".

Substitution macro does not introduce delay in the scheduler, and it does not affect start time, event starts according to its rules - start time, repeats, wait for current track to finish etc.

As for playlist generator, it's not a good idea to insert announcements from there - I suggest using the scheduler instead.

The replacement macro does not introduce delay in the scheduler and does not affect the start time, Okay. But if the macro selects the 12H30M file and the music being played takes 5 minutes to finish RadioBoss runs the 12H30M file, when should it execute the 12H35M file, Also you can not generate a playlist using the playlist generator.

It would be nice if RadioBoss would run Saytime with just one file as it does with Saytime of two files per standard.  ;)

As I said, the scheduler selects the correct file using the macro, the problem, and the time until the song finishes making that time file stay behind, can you understand?

Wheslley said:
The replacement macro does not introduce delay in the scheduler and does not affect the start time, Okay. But if the macro selects the 12H30M file and the music being played takes 5 minutes to finish RadioBoss runs the 12H30M file, when should it execute the 12H35M file, Also you can not generate a playlist using the playlist generator.
Yes, the macro is evaluated on event launch, not when the it's actually played. You may consider running the event immediately - check the "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish" option, or use the "Overlay playback" option if you do not want to interrupt the playing track.

I think an option can be added to macro, like "?noeval" to make it evaluate the macro at playback, this will make possible what you need and also insert macro from the playlist generator.

Wheslley said:
It would be nice if RadioBoss would run Saytime with just one file as it does with Saytime of two files per standard.  ;)
The problem with this approach is that it requires lots of files, I'm not sure if that's practical...

It is not possible to execute an announcement of time without waiting for the music to end, or to override the music, not cool on the radio, for music to announce the time

It could be optional in saytime, here in Brazil uses a lot of the time stamp with only one file. But if the scheduler and playlist generator works already would be really cool. Could you describe what the command would look like, adding "noeval". I tried and it did not work.

?noeval is not available yet - I meant, we can add it in the future versions. It's a minor improvement, and I think will be added in RadioBOSS 5.6, beta version is released this month.

Only problem, you might not be able to create a button to trigger the time announcement. Will this be possible with ?noeval use the cart wall?

In one of the next updates we'll allows using time announcements from cart wall, this will allow to easily access announcements.

This feature (?Noeval) is already available in version 5.6 of Radioboss? If so, I could describe the command.

I'm sory but this feature is still not implemented. It's in the queue for one of the future updates.

It would be nice to be able to name this macro, eg "right time" instead of "HhH?NnM"

Attachments

• 0123564.jpg
    0123564.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 379
You can create a playlist with this command, name it the way you need (playlist name will be displayed) and insert playlist instead of the command, using the Playlist->Insert playlist menu command.

The way it suggested works perfectly, I've used it on the playlist generator by inserting the list with the command, after generating the playlist it shows the command and not the list name.

Attachments

• 00123.JPG
    00123.JPG
    691.5 KB · Views: 385
Wheslley said:
The way it suggested works perfectly, I've used it on the playlist generator by inserting the list with the command, after generating the playlist it shows the command and not the list name.
Playlist generator does not insert playlist by itself - it inserts tracks from the playlist, so that's why you see individual track names instead of playlist.
What command do you have in the playlist?

Back