TIME Synchronisation

P

pety

It happened saturday. Very strong wind crashed electricity generator.
When PC restarted RB played Line.IN with 25 minutes over.

The second problem like that was that RB lost its settings and played Line.IN forever.

That was very ... Aaahhh..

Cannot do ANYTHING about this huge bug of RB?
We realy need time synchronisation.
Please, think about that. As plugin, as anything, but to be made.

It's not a bug at all. Sometimes after unexpected power off Windows itself can become corrupted and wouldn't start. Windows uses Write-Caching - in case of power failure, you can lose some data. I don't think RB should deal with it and try to keep the data in case of power failures...

To avoid this you should use UPS. It will keep your PC alive for about 30-40 minutes (or more if you purchase a bigger battery). It will gracefully shut the PC down when there's still no electricity and battery is low.

djsoft said:
It's not a bug at all. Sometimes after unexpected power off Windows itself can become corrupted and wouldn't start. Windows uses Write-Caching - in case of power failure, you can lose some data. I don't think RB should deal with it and try to keep the data in case of power failures...

To avoid this you should use UPS. It will keep your PC alive for about 30-40 minutes (or more if you purchase a bigger battery). It will gracefully shut the PC down when there's still no electricity and battery is low.
We already use UPC. What about time sync. That's the most important thing

It's not assigned for any if the future versions yet. I can't say when (and if) this will be added.
RB 4.9 will introduce API, so maybe you could create a plugin/script to start the nearest scheduler event.

djsoft said:
It's not assigned for any if the future versions yet. I can't say when (and if) this will be added.
RB 4.9 will introduce API, so maybe you could create a plugin/script to start the nearest scheduler event.
Maybe you will create some examples  ;)

Back