Track List Repeat Protection - Is it working ?

Dmitry,

I am trying to use the feature:

> Playlist > Track List Repeat Protection

with the setting of "Do not repeat artist for 240 minutes" and I am having no luck.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
with the setting of "Do not repeat artist for 240 minutes" and I am having no luck.
Jamie, do you mean the artists are still being repeated even with this option activated?

Dmitry,

I have misunderstood what the "Track List" feature does - and hence what the "Track List Repeat Protection" does.

Is there a link that describes what it does ?  This is the link that I read.

http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_track_list.htm

I cannot quite understand what this feature is designed to do.  Does it allow a handful of songs to be stored in a playlist, then processed into a tracklist, then added as a single line in an active playlist ... then it allows a random or in order track to be inserted real time while on air ?

Or in other words, instead of using the Playlist Generator Pro and creating playlists in advance and saving them as a static playlist and calling them up to play - this tracklist allows you to do it dynamically in real time.

Is this the purpose ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie,

You understood it correctly. The "Track List" appears in the playlist as a one track, and, when played, it plays one track from the source.

However, it's not very convenient to use it to build whole playlists: the "no repeat" rules are common for all track lists, so it'll be a problem for jingles/commercials. Also it can be slow for large (1000+) track sources.

If you need to create playlists automatically, then using Playlist Generator Pro is the best solution.

You can generate and save playlists automatically by scheduler using the PlGenPro command line interface: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_playlist_generator_pro.htm (see the bottom of the page).

* an event to create and save the playlist
run PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe -preset=MyPreset -out=C:\playlist.m3u8

* an event to play the playlist
C:\playlist.m3u8

Dmitry,

Ah okay.  That makes sense for the Playlist Generator Pro application - and the auto-generation example is very good too.

But can you give me an example of what the Track List would be used for ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
But can you give me an example of what the Track List would be used for ?
For example, play a christmas jingle, as discussed here http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3583.0.html).

Or when you have a multi part show and want to play a new episode each day.

It can also be a playlist with simple pattern, like add 2-3 TrackLists and turn on the Repeat List option - quick and easy way to get started.

It's convenient when you just need to pick a random file from a folder by schedule - can be used for station IDs or something like this.

In most cases, Track List can be substituted by PlGenPro, but for quick tasks it's easier and faster to setup.

Back