Trouble shooting - error encoder died!

vocalistics

Hi All,

Well, 3 days into running with this software and we are getting there but i have all the settings to restart if for example theres a power cut etc.

Anyway I went to bed last night, woke up this morning and turned on our station to dead air.  I checked the log and at 03:30 theres a red line saying "encoder died . possibly unsupported format, restarting.  it then exited and restarted but was doing nothing (silence detector is on but didnt kic in).  I had to turn off the software and start again and start it up.

Is this a V4.9 bug or can i do something to ensure that if an error occurs it always takes off where it left off?  Also, if a show is sceduled to start at (e.g.) 9 am for 2 hours but then theres a failure half way through, can I set it to continue with that programme (for eg internet relay URL) rather than go to fallback playlist?

Thanks!

When encoder fails, it will automatically reconnect and continue broadcasting. In the log after "Encoder failed..." you should soon see "Connected to server" message.

By the way, the error message says unsupported format - what format are you using?

For Silence Detector - it has nothing to do with it, it is for situations like when your playlist became empty for some reason and nothing is playing, it will load an auxiliary playlist.

This is the crazy thing.. i am playing out in MP3 (Shoutcast) format and the files in playlist were all MP3 - server failed but did not reconnect until I manually intervened and restarted software.  The other day there was an issie with the server (I put in wrong password) and it was clear it was retrying and failing constantly but this time it went off and then jsut stopped everything :-S

I am using the beta so maybe it's just a glitch!  No worries, it only happened the once but thought I would mention it.

Back