Unable to play! Error code = 2

djsoft said:
@Leandrofiorenza probably it's a bug in the Playlist Generator Pro... will be checked.
ok, the truth is that my language is Spanish so I do not work with these files. causality but gave just now Download a song from Brazil and decided to transmit. the agrege to a folder where it is read by playlist generator pro. when I run the event, I found the problem. truth never seen these signs until I read the post yesterday. seem to be very troubled these names, because I wanted to upload this song "conflict" to the server of our radio website to adjuntarcela in the post, but after the upload,  check the link did not work.
please if you can not reproduce this error let me know and I say step by step, as this error, and I enclose a song of this type in a zip or rar
thanks

pety said:
My radio station's request list:
All those requests are on the list, so please wait for the new versions :)

There's "No microphone button" request - why this is very important? Do you accidentally click this button, or you just don't like presence of it?

djsoft said:
pety said:

There's "No microphone button" request - why this is very important? Do you accidentally click this button, or you just don't like presence of it?
We don't use mic with RB and all the time when start RB we have settings error. And yes, the request is old, becouse was your ideea to have a button switch wich activate or deactivate the mic. If you don't remember I'll take an hour to find it in this forum.

On my laptop RB 4.7.2.0 works very stable. At DWG (4.7.1.0) solved path to tracks and works very stable. No more "Unable to play! Error code = 2". Tonight will be the update.  When I'll finish my vacation stability issue will be solved to RVESB too.

Thanks Dmitry and RB Team

Update

Solved RVESB's RB too. All updated and stable.

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:

We don't use mic with RB and all the time when start RB we have settings error. And yes, the request is old, becouse was your ideea to have a button switch wich activate or deactivate the mic. If you don't remember I'll take an hour to find it in this forum.
You can switch off the mic, so you won't get init errors on startup: open Settings->Microphone/Line.in, for the microphone select DirectSound (even if it's already set to DirectSound, click the down arrow and select it again). Leave the "Device" field empty, click OK. That's it. I know this is not obvious... But it works :)
The request to turn off the Mic is on the list, so it will be implemented some day.

pety said:
On my laptop RB 4.7.2.0 works very stable. At DWG (4.7.1.0) solved path to tracks and works very stable. No more "Unable to play! Error code = 2". Tonight will be the update.  When I'll finish my vacation stability issue will be solved to RVESB too.

Thanks Dmitry and RB Team

Update

Solved RVESB's RB too. All updated and stable.
Thanks for info! I'm glad that everything works good!

djsoft said:
You can switch off the mic, so you won't get init errors on startup: open Settings->Microphone/Line.in, for the microphone select DirectSound (even if it's already set to DirectSound, click the down arrow and select it again). Leave the "Device" field empty, click OK. That's it. I know this is not obvious... But it works :)
The request to turn off the Mic is on the list, so it will be implemented some day.
Done! Thanks!

pety said:
djsoft said:
Done! Thanks!
My boss called me becouse Line.IN did not worked after I made the settings wich you recommended.
Tomorrow I will repair Line.IN. The PC is with Windows XP.
So, I am sorry, the settings recommended broked Line.IN  :-\

Unfortunately I cannot make Line.IN to function after installing version 7.4.2.0 over 7.4.0.14 and recommended settings for mic off. The old problems came back. The same settings and no Line.IN

Does your 4.7.2.0 works with Line.IN with Windows XP?

pety said:
I made RB update from 4.7.0.14 to 4.7.2.0
Is there any problem ?
Line.In handling wasn't changed for the several past versions. So updating between versions shouldn't change anything.
How are you using Line.In (is it DirectSound, Windows mixer control)?, is there any error message?
You can also bring settings back, as it was before... but I don't know how mic settings can affect line.in.

djsoft said:
pety said:
I made RB update from 4.7.0.14 to 4.7.2.0
Is there any problem ?
Line.In handling wasn't changed for the several past versions. So updating between versions shouldn't change anything.
How are you using Line.In (is it DirectSound, Windows mixer control)?, is there any error message?
You can also bring settings back, as it was before... but I don't know how mic settings can affect line.in.
Unfortunately I couldn't back to previous session. All the time when I reset mic Line.IN crashed and now I cannot make the settings. I think that setings for Line.IN goes through mic settings. I think that both of them are connected in the same module.

What do you mean by "Line.in crash"? Does it crash the program or system, or it just doesn't work?
And please tell me what settings are you using for Line.In. Screenshot of a settings window will be helpful.

djsoft said:
What do you mean by "Line.in crash"? Does it crash the program or system, or it just doesn't work?
And please tell me what settings are you using for Line.In. Screenshot of a settings window will be helpful.
Sorry, Line.IN doesn't work. Now, after few setting I make it to work, but windows mixer do not mix it. I mean that windows mixer do not start Line.IN (but I can hear the sound when uncheck "Line IN" in windows mixer).

Sorry, but Line.IN doesn't work.
I need help (see image).

Attachments

• linein_notWork.jpg
    linein_notWork.jpg
    809.9 KB · Views: 692
djsoft said:
pety said:
Sorry, but Line.IN doesn't work.
I need help (see image).
Thanks for the picture. This will be checked tomorrow.
I am forced to go back to Windows 7. This situations makes me crazy. Let's be seriously: there is no stability in Windows XP. I don't know what to do. Maybe I will resignation  :-\

pety said:
I am forced to go back to Windows 7. This situations makes me crazy. Let's be seriously: there is no stability in Windows XP. I don't know what to do. Maybe I will resignation  :-\
Using "Windows Mixer Control" doesn't always work because several sound cards don't "like" programmatic control of mixer and some of them (especially professional cards) doesn't support Windows mixer control at all. Another thing, the "Windows Mixer Control" is used by very few users - less than 1% - and Windows XP is obsolete system (it's more that 10 years old!)... - the feature wasn't really tested for the past several versions and it stayed unchanged for years. I added it to a bug list. If there's an error, an update will be released shortly.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Using "Windows Mixer Control" doesn't always work because several sound cards don't "like" programmatic control of mixer and some of them (especially professional cards) doesn't support Windows mixer control at all. Another thing, the "Windows Mixer Control" is used by very few users - less than 1% - and Windows XP is obsolete system (it's more that 10 years old!)... - the feature wasn't really tested for the past several versions and it stayed unchanged for years. I added it to a bug list. If there's an error, an update will be released shortly.
Bad news: I do not have any available Windows 7 PC. I am broken-hearted. Windows XP has no Line.IN delay and is the best in a windows network. In our radio we have some PC's with windows 7 and some others with XP. For access with no security permissions we use XP in Live with RB

I also checked the code, and it seems there's a bug (a typo) which makes it incorrectly initialize the mixer.
Possible solution will be to set the same settings for "MIC" and Line.IN, but I'm not sure if it will work... Please wait about 20 minutes and I'll release a quick fix :)

Back