Unable to play! Error code = 2

P

pety

I know why RB doesn't find the path to a track wich exist.
The folder wich contain tha track is named with diacritics.

Something like that:
D:\MUSIC\Romanian\M?slinu - Cerul a?teapt?

When I go in playlist to see the path of track wich wasn't playied it looks like that:
D:\MUSIC\Romanian\Maslinu - Cerul asteapta\09. Iubire, iertare.mp3

I put the path in explorer address [D:\MUSIC\Romanian\Maslinu - Cerul asteapta\] and it did not open.

UPDATE! (Today I saw)

THAT IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL TRACKS WITH DIACRITICS : ? ? ? ? ?

SO:  Tracks with diacritics and tracks in folder with diacritics are not played

Please, solve that. We need to be sure that our playlists are played with all content. Thanks a lot!

I add an image to see.
Indeed Tracks with diacritics and tracks in folder with diacritics are not played.

Attachments

• Code2_diacritics.jpg
    Code2_diacritics.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 1,726
Thanks for the  detailed error report!
It will be fixed in the next update.

I know you work hard to solve this bug.
The problem is that, day by day RB doesn't play tracks and I will be penalized.
What do you say about that?
For the moment I need from you to solve (urgent) "Unable to play! Error code = 2".
And... please.
Thanks!

I looks like more info is required on the issue.

When track with any special characters (test file is "????? ? ? ? ? ?.mp3") is added from:
- File explorer
- Windows Explorer
- Playlist generator
- Music base
Everything works fine...

Please let me know how do you add tracks to the playlist when they do not play.

djsoft said:
I looks like more info is required on the issue.

When track with any special characters (test file is "????? ? ? ? ? ?.mp3") is added from:
- File explorer
- Windows Explorer
- Playlist generator
- Music base
Everything works fine...

Please let me know how do you add tracks to the playlist when they do not play.
- File Explorer
- Total Commander, XYplorer, FreeCommander - becouse they have tabs
- Playlist generator
- Music base
- Playlist -> Add file... etc.

By the way. Something like that too:
01 ? ???? ?????? (??????).mp3

So when you click Playlist->Add file and start file playback, it doesn't play? I just checked it and it works fine here...

pety said:
By the way. Something like that too:
01 ? ???? ?????? (??????).mp3
Well, the Russian files work fine, 100% :)

What OS are you using and did you tweak it somehow? RadioBOSS has full unicode support (which means it supports any national characters), so I don't know where the problem could be.

The only one problem - as I described downside - is that from playlist it doesn't open tracks with diacritics or from folders with diacritics. If I play manualy a track with diacritics RB is playing it.

pety said:
The only one problem - as I described downside - is that from playlist it doesn't open tracks with diacritics or from folders with diacritics. If I play manualy a track with diacritics RB is playing it.
from playlist - when plays schedule playlists

pety said:
pety said:
from playlist - when plays schedule playlists
Can you check the playlist file - are the file names correct there?

I have two PC's in two different locations. First is the RVE's PC with Win XP (licensed) and the second is DWG's PC with Windows 7 Ultimate, licensed too. Both RB are licensed. No trick, no crack, nothing. In both locations I have the same problem. The files/tracks named with diacritics or from folders named with diacritics are not played at all.
I hope you worked on that and my waiting was not for nothing.

pety said:
I don't understand. What do you not understand from image?
I need the steps to reproduce this issue, because everything works fine here with any file and folder names... Probably you do something which I missed.

djsoft said:
pety said:
I don't understand. What do you not understand from image?
I need the steps to reproduce this issue, because everything works fine here with any file and folder names... Probably you do something which I missed.
I am too tired now and too disappointed to continue. Have a good night (?!).

Back