User control settings

chrismadog

Hi everyone,

We recently upgraded to the Advanced RadioBoss because we wanted control over what presenters were doing to settings - especially other peoples profiles, and font selections/colours.

We have a problem.

The setting in Manage Users for Profile settings does not work except when Change Settings is enabled.
What were were hoping for was being able to prevent editing, adding or deleting of profiles, just being able to load their own profile.
Sadly, this is not possible - unless there is a way that is non-obvious ?

So, we want to prevent profile use except to that user and prevent the loading of someone else profile, the editing of someone elses, adding a new profile or the deletion of any profile (including their own).

Is this (finer) control possible ?

Kind regards,
Chris

Station Engineer
Rose City FM

Currently, this is not possible, I'm sorry. Problem here is that Profiles are not tied to users in UAC. Also, changing profile configuration gives a lot of freedom, for instance, all playlists and scheduled events are per-profile configuration, so allowing to edit profile opens up about 80% of configuration.

Currently, this is not possible, I'm sorry. Problem here is that Profiles are not tied to users in UAC. Also, changing profile configuration gives a lot of freedom, for instance, all playlists and scheduled events are per-profile configuration, so allowing to edit profile opens up about 80% of configuration.
OK, understood.
The main problem we have is users Deleting other users profiles (I suspect in error), simply clicking on OK without reading the "are you sure" questions. While you could say "training", we have done this and it isn't working - I suspect because of computer iliteracy ie, they are not 'tech-savvy'.
Can that one setting (deleting Profiles) me put under the UAC ? That would eliminate the bulk of our problems.

Also, is it possible to log actions such as deletion of a profile as it doesn't seem to be able to do that at the moment ?

Kind Regards,
Chris

Station Engineer
Rose City FM

OK entendido.
O principal problema que temos é que os usuários excluem perfis de outros usuários (suspeito de erro), simplesmente clicando em OK sem ler as perguntas "tem certeza". Embora você possa dizer "treinamento", nós fizemos isso e não está funcionando - eu suspeito por causa do analfabetismo de computador, ou seja, eles não são 'entendidos em tecnologia'.
Essa configuração (excluir perfis) pode ser colocada no UAC? Isso eliminaria a maior parte dos nossos problemas.

Além disso, é possível registrar ações como a exclusão de um perfil, pois não parece ser possível fazer isso no momento?

Atenciosamente,
cris

Engenheiro da estação
Cidade Rosa FM

The main problem we have is users Deleting other users profiles (I suspect in error), simply clicking on OK without reading the "are you sure" questions. While you could say "training", we have done this and it isn't working - I suspect because of computer iliteracy ie, they are not 'tech-savvy'.
Can that one setting (deleting Profiles) me put under the UAC ? That would eliminate the bulk of our problems.

Also, is it possible to log actions such as deletion of a profile as it doesn't seem to be able to do that at the moment ?
Noted for the future updates.

Back