Very Strange Bug

NounosSon

Today I was in my studio and RadioBoss crashed righ in front in me. However though in the op log it said the program is going to restart because of a fatle error. It never said that before. A window also poped up asking if I wanted to close the program. I clicked close program and RB restarted and picked up where the song song left off by it self.

Attachments

• RB Crash 5-27-12.png
    RB Crash 5-27-12.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 509
NounosSon said:
Today I was in my studio and RadioBoss crashed righ in front in me. However though in the op log it said the program is going to restart because of a fatle error. It never said that before. A window also poped up asking if I wanted to close the program. I clicked close program and RB restarted and picked up where the song song left off by it self.
Yes, when a fatal error occurs (like memory error in your case) it will restart itself to avoid other problems like sound distortion.
Those crashes happen on some systems, and we're working on it here to eliminate this.

djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
Yes, when a fatal error occurs (like memory error in your case) it will restart itself to avoid other problems like sound distortion.
Those crashes happen on some systems, and we're working on it here to eliminate this.
I think it is something with Windows 7 and RadioBoss. When I was on xp I never had any problems with RadioBoss. It was very stable. When I upgraded to the 4.7 beta on xp I never had any problems.

NounosSon said:
I think it is something with Windows 7 and RadioBoss. When I was on xp I never had any problems with RadioBoss. It was very stable. When I upgraded to the 4.7 beta on xp I never had any problems.
On Windows 7 it switches to WASAPI output while on Windows XP it uses DirectSound.
What you should try to do:
- switch to Directsound in the Playback settings for the Main soundcard
and/or
- increase playback buffer size, for example to 500 or 1000ms.

djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
On Windows 7 it switches to WASAPI output while on Windows XP it uses DirectSound.
What you should try to do:
- switch to Directsound in the Playback settings for the Main soundcard
and/or
- increase playback buffer size, for example to 500 or 1000ms.
I am using direct sound. Where would i find the buffer size?

NounosSon said:
djsoft said:
Please see this post: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,2820.0.html
Thank You, I will see if this helps.
You can also try switching to WASAPI because it's native and recommended output method for Windows 7.

Back