Voicetrack issues

Christian

Hi Dmitry,

Just started testing RB 5 deeper(actually 5.0.3.2). I am facing voicetracking issues

1 - The "outro" does not seem to be taken into account.
  For a long voicetrack, RB finishies track 1 then play the Voicetrack with the default bed than start track2. The "intro" seting of track2 is working fine. But the VoiceTrack should expend to the "outro" of track1 instead of insering a bed.

2 - When using the Stereotool plugin the "intro" level is not reduced. So the voicetrack is not audible. If I increase the VoiceTrack by 12Db from the filetype setting then is is saturated.
  This does not happen if Stereotool plugin is disable. In that case there is no saturation of the Voicetrack.

Regards
Christian

1. How long is voice track duration and what durations are set for Intros and Outros?

2. I don't think it's something which can be done from RadiobOSS as it's StereoTool which changes levels...

Hi,

Tested more. Here what I found.
Voicetrack are properly handled when located in the Voice Track specific folder. This was working and still working in the latest realeased. What was recently introduced is a tagging "treat as voicetrack".
When using the voicetrack tag to specify a file from a file type "treated as voicetrack" then it's a mess.

This is only for Voice track using tagging
1 - I tried different VT length. It's for interventions within a new radio show. All interventions shoud be voicetrack so RB need to properly handle them (that was working fine in previous versions)
Please check the picture included it discribes current and axpected behavior.

2 - This is hard to explain actually. basically it is because the audio level for the track playing in the backgroud of the Voice track is not reduced.
Playing arround with the different setting such as increase audio level for file marked "treated as voicetrack" is a workarround when stereotool plugin is disable. if stereotool plugin is enable then the voice track is saturated.

Once again when using voice tracks from the dedicated folder none of point 1 and point 2 happen.

Regards
Christian

Attachments

• voicetrack.jpg
    voicetrack.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 366
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. The issue will be fixed in the next update.

Back