What archive setting do i use for lossless. Wav or flac, etc

JFrankParnell

I'm a little confused on the flac option, in archiving.  Why are there different sample rates, I thought flac was lossless?  I would like to just record wavs or lossless flac would be fine. 

JFrankParnell said:
I'm a little confused on the flac option, in archiving.  Why are there different sample rates, I thought flac was lossless?  I would like to just record wavs or lossless flac would be fine. 
FLAC is lossless, but it's a digital file storage, so sample rate setting still applies. If you want to record your broadcast, then sample rate should the same you use for the Main Sound card - in this case you'll avoid resampling.

Ah, so we're setting the sample rate of the wav that will then be converted to flac?  And probly my soundcard is 44.1 or 48, I'll figure that out, thanks!

JFrankParnell said:
Ah, so we're setting the sample rate of the wav that will then be converted to flac?  And probly my soundcard is 44.1 or 48, I'll figure that out, thanks!
It writes directly to FLAC, there's no intermediate WAV file involved. Internally the sound is processed in uncompressed PCM that is being sent to FLAC encoder.

Back