Live365 broadcast

djsoft

Staff member
I. Setting up Live broadcast
1) Login to Live365 broadcast control panel

2) Select broadcast format: click My Profile, and select the desired format in the drop-down box (pic. 1).
index.php

3) Switch broadcast mode to Live: click Controls and then "Switch broadcast mode" button. Check "Live" and click "Save" button. The next screen will give server connection details (pic. 2) - you'll need it in the next step.
index.php

4) Run RadioBOSS, open Settings->Broadcast. Click "+", add server address from Step 3, enter password for your Live365 account in the Password field. Select the format to the same selected in the Live365 control panel on step 2. Note that MP3 and MP3 pro are not the same. (pic. 3).
index.php

5) Click "OK" and check the checkbox in the list to enable this server. Also check the "Broadcasting Enabled" option above. Click OK.

II. Sending song title
In the Settings window, click "Log files (Reports)", enable "Use HTTP Get request" option and click "+" to add a new HTTP Request. A window will appear (pic. 4).
index.php

In the URL put the following string:
http://tools.live365.com/cgi-bin/add_song.cgi?version=2&pass=MYPASSWORD&handle=MYLOGIN&title=%title&artist=%artist&album=%album&seconds=%seconds
Note: change MYPASSWORD and MYLOGIN to your Live365 login/password.
Select the ASCII encoding and click OK.

See the attached "Using add_song.cgi API.txt" file for more details on add_song.cgi usage.

Filtering requests to Live 365 server.
Live365 has several restrictions, eg. you shouldn't send empty "title" or "artist" information, and if "coverURL" parameter is used, it shouldn't be empty.
The following script takes care of it:
PHP code (live365proxy.php):
Code:
<?php

foreach($_GET as $key => $val)
{
  if (!(($key == 'coverURL') && ($val == '')))
    $params .= '&' . $key . '=' . urlencode($val);
}
$params = substr($params, 1);

if (($_GET['artist'] == '') || ($_GET['title'] == '') || ($_GET['album'] == ''))
  die("");

file_get_contents("http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/add_song.cgi?" . $params);
?>
To use it, upload script on your web site and make RadioBOSS do HTTP GET request to this script (instead of requesting http://tools.live365.com/cgi-bin/add_song.cgi).
The URL will look like this;
http://YOURSITE.com/live365proxy.php?version=2&pass=MYPASSWORD&handle=MYLOGIN&title=%title&artist=%artist&album=%album&seconds=%seconds

If backslashes are added to apostrophe and quote characters, in php.ini set magic_quotes_gpc=Off or add a call to set_magic_quotes_runtime(false);.

Attachments

• L365-1.png
    L365-1.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 2,815
  • L365-2.png
    L365-2.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,797
  • L365-3.png
    L365-3.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 2,970
  • L365-4.png
    L365-4.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,582
  • Using add_song.cgi API.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,087
  • live365proxy.php
    358 bytes · Views: 814
Doe sthis only work on 4.5 beta? I have tried on 4.4.1.667 and get record init: code 23, connection/encoder died (output 5). restarting ect..

I downloaded the latest beta followed all of the instructions and I am getting the following error message as shown in the picture below

Attachments

• radioboss.jpg
    radioboss.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 1,543
Hello,

To make it work, please unpack attached file to the directory where you have RadioBOSS installed. This should work with any RadioBOSS 4.x version.
Soon this file will be included in the distribution.

Attachments

• bassenc.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 900
I get "record init error: code 23" everything looks good in line3365, but i don't dont hear the music. I will check if it takes 5 minutes to update to see if it works.

PS> Should I enable Public (directory) in broadcast for live365?

works great. i had 96mp3 on radioboss, and it 96mp3pro on live live 365 so that didnt make a difference and still works. I cannot see the amount of listeners in the Broadcasting statistics for the output for live365 it shows as "n/a" will this be fixed?

hey nyankee,

Did you have to do anything else besides what these instructions say to get Radioboss working with live365?

Thanks
WRCM

Nope. just do what it says and it should work. at first i thought i was getting any sound, but it was because i did not have my email validated on live365 to listen to it.

nyankee said:
I get "record init error: code 23" everything looks good in line3365, but i don't dont hear the music. I PS> Should I enable Public (directory) in broadcast for live365?
The "record init error" is a bug in RadioBOSS 4.4 which happens sometimes. It's already fixed in 4.5.
You shouldn't enable "Public" for Live 365 servers.

nyankee said:
difference and still works. I cannot see the amount of listeners in the Broadcasting statistics for the output for live365 it shows as "n/a" will this be fixed?
I'd recommend switching from MP3Pro to MP3 in the Live365's control panel, just in case...
At Live365 they use Nanocaster server, which is compatible with Shoutcast, but doesn't support all the features of it (like "Public" or gettins the stats, also title update info is made differently).

If there's no special reason to use Live365, it's better to use Loudcaster (www.loudcaster.com). It's much easier to setup.

WRCM said:
Did you have to do anything else besides what these instructions say to get Radioboss working with live365?
You should download the file from this post: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,1034.msg4607.html#msg4607 and unpack it to a dir where you have RB installed. It contains a hot-fix to make it work with Live365 servers.

what about the stats? I have it on 128 mp3 on both live365 and radiboss, and it still shows n/a for listeners.

Live365 server doesn't allow retrieving of stats using standard Shoutcast protocol. That's why it shows "n/a".
They use their own protocol, which is not yet supported by RadioBOSS...

As a temporary solution (found in Google :)) you can open the quoted URL in the browser to get stats, don't forget to change LOGIN and PASS.
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/api_station_status.cgi?member_name=LOGIN&password=PASS

so on the basis that I have tried to set everything up right and I feel that I have I am going to talk to my schools computer service director to see if they have some ports closed that can be opened so that I can use them.  I am just not sure what ports I should say need to be opened to do this broadcast. 

In Live365 control panel they give you server address, for example: 213.45.76.89:23456 - "23456" is the port number used to establish the connection.
If you have some ports closed, you need to open that port, and port+1 (23456 and 23457 in the example) for broadcasting to work.

Back