Does RadioBOSS support Icecast2?

wutzthedeal

I use RadioBoss (currently 5.0 beta) sending the stream currently to tube.us-east.spreaker.com and when you go to this web site, it says that it's an "icecast2" stream but RB just shows "icecast."  Are they compatible?  Reason I ask is my show is going live for about 1 or 2 mins then cutting out, while RB still says connected (I don't have this problem if using the web site, Spreaker, to broadcast but I hate the interface).  Any ideas on this?  I've already sent "debugger" output to Spreaker and they say they are working on it--just was hoping for a bit of magic, I guess.  Overall, this software is hardcore amazing and 40x better than the others.

Yes, it supports any Icecast version. Looks like a problem at Spreaker's end - please let me know what they respond.

djsoft said:
Yes, it supports any Icecast version. Looks like a problem at Spreaker's end - please let me know what they respond.
  I will do that Dmitry; thank you.  8)

EDIT/FIXED: While I didn't realize it before, I had somehow unchecked the setting for "play silence" when no input is detected, so after my show's intro, it would basically sense the silence on Spreaker's end and kill the show.  Guh.  Ok, got that checked again and the software works normally again. 

Just for future reference if it would help anybody:
My RB input is not set to mic, it is set to Line 1 VAC (virtual audio cables) because I needed to take and make Google voice calls during my live broadcast.
So, my VAC setup is: Mic to Line 1, Line 2 to Line 1, Line 2 to headset while Google Voice (or Skype) is set to Mic input/Line 2 output. 

This allows RB and you to pick up the caller, but only RB can also pick up your voice so you're not hearing an echo.  You may need to play with your default settings when you open your audio repeaters, but the default should do ok.  There will be a delay, and the higher you set the overall delay of those, it not only creates a higher delay in the show but it also will put your sound effects out of sync for when you use them in the show, so it's best to keep that relatively low unless you are getting lots of "popping" or "cracking" from trying to upload at a high bit rate while having connection speed issues. 

I've also created a bat file so you don't have to open the audio repeaters constantly after you've closed them, so just copy this and modify as necessary for your bat file (put the following text into a notepad file and name it something like repeaters.bat and leave it on the desktop or whatever so you know where it is):

start /min "audiorepeater" "C:\Program Files\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /input: "Microphone (3- Plantronics .Aud" /output: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /SamplingRate: 44100 /Bufferms: 550 /Buffers: 16 /Priority: High /Autostart

start /min "audiorepeater" "C:\Program Files\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /input: "Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /output: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /SamplingRate: 44100 /Bufferms: 550 /Buffers: 16 /Priority: High /Autostart

start /min "audiorepeater" "C:\Program Files\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /input: "Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /output: "Speakers (3- Plantronics .Audio" /SamplingRate: 44100 /Bufferms: 550 /Buffers: 16 /Priority: High /Autostart

Back