64 bit version

I don't think RadioBOSS or RadioCaster 64 bit will be released any time soon. But a 64-bit bridge for plugins can be added. I included it in the list for future versions. Currently you can see if 32 bit version of the same plugins exists.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
I just think it will help a lot with CPU and memory resource to manage it better especially on Win 7 64 bit
It won't change anything. Performance and stability will remain the same. For programs like RadioBOSS (which do not need lots of RAM) 64 bit does not add any value - therefore it's not worth the effort of maintaining two versions.

Yea but this wont be able to use as much ram as 64bit so what if this uses a lot of ram i take it this will crash before the blue screen right? Due to the max memory limit 32bit has but yes a 64bit plugin bridge would be nice to see cause there is 64bit plugins that are not 32bit.

WBGS-Founder said:
Yea but this wont be able to use as much ram as 64bit so what if this uses a lot of ram i take it this will crash before the blue screen right?
A lot of RAM means more than 4GB. There's no way RadioBOSS will ever need such a large amount of memory.

WBGS-Founder said:
Due to the max memory limit 32bit has but yes a 64bit plugin bridge would be nice to see cause there is 64bit plugins that are not 32bit.
Max memory limit is not the issue. If the plugin requires 4+GB of RAM then the only right solution is to get rid of such a plugin ASAP.
Every plugin has 32-bit version, with very few exceptions (I don't know any 64-bit-only plugins...).

Not every plugin I can name a few so yeah and 64bit will be better for 64bit windows please can you support a proper 64bit bridge?

WBGS-Founder said:
Not every plugin I can name a few so yeah and 64bit will be better for 64bit windows please can you support a proper 64bit bridge?
Probably in the future - currently there's no reason in adding it - too few users need it.

Well it does if you know what your talking about lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgiMzKb8dD0

WBGS-Founder said:
Well it does if you know what your talking about lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgiMzKb8dD0
This is going nowhere. I've already explained why 64-bit RadioBOSS version does not make sense and I doubt any Youtube video can prove me wrong.

Lol ok I am wrong your right, I am done there is no compromising with you just letting you know you have people requesting it more may in the future.

never thought it come to that. I just thought if RB had a smaller foot print when the resources could be running other applications on the same machine. Instead to two machines for some stations. But it was just a thought.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
never thought it come to that. I just thought if RB had a smaller foot print when the resources could be running other applications on the same machine. Instead to two machines for some stations. But it was just a thought.
Its footprint is already pretty small: ~1-2% CPU and 40-50MB of RAM. Nowadays when even cell phones have gigabytes of memory and 2-8 CPU cores, further optimization does not make any sense :)

Back