How to remove unwanted sounds from live broadcasts

wutzthedeal

Hey guys; does RB have an inherent feature (or if not, does StereoTool or some other dsp) that would allow you to remove breathing noises from live broadcasts?  I'm also looking for a way to remove crickets/frogs/other wildlife.

wutzthedeal said:
Hey guys; does RB have an inherent feature (or if not, does StereoTool or some other dsp) that would allow you to remove breathing noises from live broadcasts?  I'm also looking for a way to remove crickets/frogs/other wildlife.
RadioBOSS doesn't have it, and I'd say a task like this is pretty complex, and I don't think it's possible to get a 100% result. You can try looking for a plugin (Winamp or VST) which can do this...

Good quality Mic with a filter. Keep your distance away from the mic and not so up close.  Also sounds like your mic is too sensitive.

Attachments

• Pop_filter.jpg
    Pop_filter.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 544
I found out when we do live broadcasting,  is to use the right mic
I use shure Sm 58. vey good result

What I really meant was broadcast in the field with background noise, not in studio
In the studio we use Shure SM7B,a very good microphone, but out on live broadcasting with bacground noise I think Shure SM58  works fine

Yeah I've tried a lot of stuff, mixer controls, stereo tool... you can change lots of things but I want the sound of my breathing in to be removed (I wheeze a bit, don't like it) and crikets.  A friend sent me a great mixer and mic, an alesis USB fx mixer and a Sterling ST 51 p large diaphragm fet condenser mic.

wutzthedeal said:
Yeah I've tried a lot of stuff, mixer controls, stereo tool... you can change lots of things but I want the sound of my breathing in to be removed (I wheeze a bit, don't like it) and crikets.  A friend sent me a great mixer and mic, an alesis USB fx mixer and a Sterling ST 51 p large diaphragm fet condenser mic.
There are a lot of broadcast mics (dynamic). Do not use condenser mic for radio.

Thanks Pety but that's no option for me; this mic was a gift and was like 150 bucks and it does sound good, best I've had, I can't just afford to replace it but I'll put that on the look-into-it list.

wutzthedeal said:
Thanks Pety but that's no option for me; this mic was a gift and was like 150 bucks and it does sound good, best I've had, I can't just afford to replace it but I'll put that on the look-into-it list.
I also have a very good condenser mic but I do not use it in Live studio. It is to responsive. Maybe a windscreen will be great.

DavenLC said:
Good quality Mic with a filter. Keep your distance away from the mic and not so up close.  Also sounds like your mic is too sensitive.

It would be great to know a few specific brands that have high quality noise cancellation and that are affordable so that we don't break our banks or sell a kidney :)

Back