• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 5.4 [beta]  (Read 171088 times)

Christian

Re: RadioBOSS 5.4 [beta]
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2015, 10:59:57 AM »
Hi Dmitry,

A long time since I did not update my wish list but it’s almost Christmas…
Do you plan to release a kind of beat matching feature like the “Automix” feature of VirtualDJ? I assume radios such as “I love 2 dance” radio (http://www.iloveradio.de/ilove2dance/) is using it. I think the beat matching mixing experience sounds really nice.

Will it be possible to set a playing duration of an inserted track or playlist. The idea beside this is to be able to play a 2 minutes content (either a single track or a playlist) for listeners that do not have Shoutcast adverts. At the end of the 2 minutes a sweeper will be played will ensure that listeners whit regular content and listeners with Shoutcast Ads will have a smooth transition at the end of the add break.

Christian

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2015, 11:20:12 AM »

Will it be possible to set a playing duration of an inserted track or playlist. The idea beside this is to be able to play a 2 minutes content (either a single track or a playlist) for listeners that do not have Shoutcast adverts. At the end of the 2 minutes a sweeper will be played will ensure that listeners whit regular content and listeners with Shoutcast Ads will have a smooth transition at the end of the add break.

Christian
ADS Scheduler incorporates a feature that is very useful for this: the duration of the advertising block is established and the remaining time is filled with sweepers.

I'm just about to open a post with some ideas to improve this, some of the things that are important:
-It is necessary to choose different tracks is updated whenever ADS scheduler.
-if Great time to fill, Example 8 minutes. you should use several sweepers.

This mechanism is much more transparent than you raise and more tedious for the audience, since no track will be interrupted to return to the main transmission (although it is much simpler mechanism)

If you have ideas or comments about this I would love to hear it.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »
Hi Dmitry,

Do you plan to release a kind of beat matching feature like the “Automix” feature of VirtualDJ? I assume radios such as “I love 2 dance” radio (http://www.iloveradio.de/ilove2dance/) is using it. I think the beat matching mixing experience sounds really nice.
Automix Virtual DJ is not as good how are you mixing. (I love 2 dance)

I doubt something automated, you can create as good mixtures. Perhaps it is a tool Sigue Editor style but with capabilities such as managing Pich and stuff, and mixtures are set manually.

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2015, 03:19:03 PM »
Hi Dmitry,

Christian

this can be done in radio boss but it alot of time and track editing you would have to set the cue mixing point of the song for temp or premit and to be honest you will have to make a play list to what your are requesting with the beat tempo and matching the mix point and everything to get the effect your requesting  can it be done yes!!!!!

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2015, 08:05:18 PM »
When the information will be updated of the new features?.
We need information to test them  :)

Christian

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2015, 09:28:49 AM »
ADS Scheduler incorporates a feature that is very useful for this: the duration of the advertising block is established and the remaining time is filled with sweepers.

I will check this feature and give you my feedback ;)

Christian

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2015, 09:46:08 AM »
To nelson & worldfamous704djs

I am using the tracktool editor to place start, fadein, intro, outro, mix, fadeout and endcue points already. But there is no beat synchronisation and tempo adaptation. The segue editor can manually help but not for tempo modification.
The "Automix" feature gives amazing results it is worth trying it. It detects best position for mixing, adatps the tempo of the tracks, gets beats synchonised, does the mixing and smoothly get back to original track tempo. It's not like a human DJ but provides amazing results for an automated tool. With RB tracktool cue points to helps choose the mixing points it could even be better results.

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2015, 10:13:57 AM »
This has been requested by other users too, and as I recall, you made such a request in the past, too. The problem here is I'm not sure that it can be done automatically with good results, and it's pretty complex feature to implement. It's in the future plans, but for now I can't promise anything...

Do you mean set a duration of inserted scheduled event?

I'm just about to open a post with some ideas to improve this, some of the things that are important:
-It is necessary to choose different tracks is updated whenever ADS scheduler.
-if Great time to fill, Example 8 minutes. you should use several sweepers.
It already uses up to 2 sweepers, but I think the selection should be improved - something will be done about it in next updates.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2015, 10:15:45 AM »
When the information will be updated of the new features?.
We need information to test them  :)
The User Manual is being written now, it should be ready for the next update.

Christian

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2015, 10:51:10 AM »

Do you mean set a duration of inserted scheduled event?

Yes. The inserted event should last for 120 seconds from the start it is being played.
For Shoutcast Ads I need to play a sweeper to trigger the Ad break. Typically only listeners in USA, UK, France will hear a targated Ad break. Listeners from the rest of the world will hear the regular audio content. Shoutcast Ad Break last for exactly 120 seconds. I then need a clean way to get back to regular content for both groups of listeners. An easy way is to play the Ad trigger sweeper (2 seconds) than an instrumental track (or a minimix) and after 117 seconds interrupt it with a 4 seconds "landing" sweeper and go back to next track in the RB playlist.

Christian

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2015, 10:59:43 AM »
This has been requested by other users too, and as I recall, you made such a request in the past, too. The problem here is I'm not sure that it can be done automatically with good results, and it's pretty complex feature to implement. It's in the future plans, but for now I can't promise anything...
The Virtual DJ Automix feature is really impressive. In addition the RB cue points it could really be great to have, at least for Dance radios. Not sure it could fit Jazz style radios  ???
Developping such a feature will definitivelly be complex I agree! Maybe it could be a licenced plugin that would be an extra paid option in RB!

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »
The Virtual DJ Automix feature is really impressive. In addition the RB cue points it could really be great to have, at least for Dance radios. Not sure it could fit Jazz style radios  ???
Developping such a feature will definitivelly be complex I agree! Maybe it could be a licenced plugin that would be an extra paid option in RB!
I agree.
RB crossfader are perfect for 'normal' radio.
This would apply techniques DJ at a radio station. :)

It would be very interesting to see that software uses this station to implement this in RB.

I'm listening iloveradio:
-Channel "Top 40" of the station has crossfader "Conventional"

-The songs are all very similar BMP. (Even I think jingles)
This helps a lot to give your mixes so great.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:39:08 PM by nelson c »

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2015, 12:59:50 PM »
The Virtual DJ Automix feature is really impressive

Maybe I know not configure the virtual DJ AutoMix option, but does horrible things and makes it very clear that this automated.I Prefer RB simple mixtures that.
I used similar BPM trance music and did terrible things:
-Put down several seconds of silence at the end of some songs
-Other Songs framework starting points to 70% of the song
- Overlaps vocal of the songs
- Remove vocal and very quickly becomes apparent the transition. (Should remove the bass and leave vocal  a long time)

If it is as you say and mixtures are automatic, it is well above the automix algorithm that includes VirtualDJ.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:03:51 PM by nelson c »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2015, 04:35:09 AM »
Yes. The inserted event should last for 120 seconds from the start it is being played.
For Shoutcast Ads I need to play a sweeper to trigger the Ad break. Typically only listeners in USA, UK, France will hear a targated Ad break. Listeners from the rest of the world will hear the regular audio content. Shoutcast Ad Break last for exactly 120 seconds. I then need a clean way to get back to regular content for both groups of listeners. An easy way is to play the Ad trigger sweeper (2 seconds) than an instrumental track (or a minimix) and after 117 seconds interrupt it with a 4 seconds "landing" sweeper and go back to next track in the RB playlist.
Is it possible to prepare 2 minute tracks for this case? I'm not sure how time-limitation should be implemented. Will it just adrupt the event and start playing the next track? This would probably doesn't sound very nice...

The biggest problem here is beat detecting. Doing it automatically and reliably is not too easy... RadioBOSS has BPM detector, but its results are still too far from perfect. Anyway, this feature is added to the future developments list, I'll see what can be done to implement it.

Maybe I know not configure the virtual DJ AutoMix option, but does horrible things and makes it very clear that this automated.I Prefer RB simple mixtures that.
I, too, have big doubts that good mixing could be done automatically. Maybe slight tempo adjustment and shy attempts to position tracks relatively to each other to make their beats go together can be made, just as a little improvement to current mixing engine. There's a chance that mixing will sound better.

Christian

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2015, 06:16:39 AM »
The "Automix" seems to be a very hot subject   ;D
That is true that at Clubbing Station (http://clubbingstation.com) we use extended DJ versions only and not radio edit. This would help the Automix by having a long intro and outro compared to radio edit version. We use the tracktool to place cue points that best sound for RB.

For the Adbreak request
Yes Dmitry using dedicated 120seconds prepared tracks is a nice sotution except it's a lot of work. Shoutcast Ad breaks are scheduled twice the hour. Even 200 prepared track library will rapidly be boring to listeners. That is why I was suggesting to use the instrumental tracks from our music library. All instrumental tracks are already identified by a special tag. This in used be the PlGenPro to avoid playing 2 instrumental tracks consecutively.

Playlist with voice track.
I would like to be able to generate playlist in advance to be able to record voicetrack during a single weekly session.
The dailly playlist at Clubbing Station is currently broken into 3 parts 1st part a less than 129bmp at night, 2nd part a "no repeat" during working hours not to play the same track twice and finally a 128bpm and over at the evening. Each playlist is generated in the background 10 minutes before it starts to exclude tracks that have been played for the past hours by the previous playlist.
This implies to generate a playlist just before it is played and cannot be generated in advance.
Now I would like to include voice tracks and do the recording during a single session for the week. Of course when recording voice tracks I would like to introduce the next tracks that are going to be played. Any idea on how to do that?