db issues and playcount

Buggy

Hello!

I'm running into an issue with RB setting random songs to +5db even after I used the tracktool and seque editor to mix properly (I don't use automation).

And since the new update, the playcount for everything doesn't update. I like to see how many times I've played a jingle for variety sake.

Any help is appreciated.

- Buggy

Buggy said:
I'm running into an issue with RB setting random songs to +5db even after I used the tracktool and seque editor to mix properly (I don't use automation).
I don't see how it's possible. The only way I suppose is that you have a file type configured, with playback level increase, and some music tracks are incorrectly detected as this file type, making their level increase. Please check file types configuration.

Buggy said:
And since the new update, the playcount for everything doesn't update. I like to see how many times I've played a jingle for variety sake.
This does not confirm here. What RadioBOSS version do you use, what files (format) and what additional information storage is used (tag, database)?

I don't have a file type for the songs I'm playing because that's not necessary. I did try to have the normalize option for all of the music folders, but I removed that because I was running into other issues unrelated to RadioBoss and then updated all the songs again to 'reset' the normalisation. Even when deleting the library, remaking the library and updating doesn't work. Seems to be only one folder affected, so I'm going to go manually through it to put the decibels back where they belong.

I have the latest version of RadioBoss, my files are all in mp3, and my music and jingles are in their seperate databases. Even when updating the databases, the playcount doesn't change.

It seems like the files are not writeable. Both playcount and playback level are stored in the tag by default, and if it can't modify the files, it won't be able to either update playcount, or change the level.

I haven't changed anything other than to update to this version, but is this a problem on my end or is that a problem in the update?

I don't think it's a problem with the update, as many people already installed it and we don't get such complaints. You can try installing the previous version if you like: http://dl2.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup_5.8.5.2.exe

But it's likely the problem is somewhere else. Please open Settings->General, "Additional information storage location" - what is set there?

it says File tag (APEv2), cache file tags is not selected.

I'll install the previous version and see if that fixes things, thanks!

Edit: This fixed the issue.

Buggy said:
Edit: This fixed the issue.
It is possible that it was some sort of a visual problem - you can try installing a new version again, and after playing a track, open Track Tool to see if the playcount value is updated there.

I don't dare to install the latest version again because I might have to downgrade again haha.

HOWEVER, that being said; I tried the normalizer option in the new version and a lot of my songs got normalized. Then I removed it, updated the libraries and for most songs the normalisation isn't gone. For most songs it put it up by 5db.

Downgrading obviously didn't help with that, and even if I fix the normalisation in tracktool, sometimes the segue editor just randomly puts it back up. Or, it gets put back up even after using tracktool and the editor and I never notice until it's too late.

Buggy said:
I tried the normalizer option in the new version and a lot of my songs got normalized. Then I removed it, updated the libraries and for most songs the normalisation isn't gone
This is correct. Normalization is stored in the tag ("Playtback level") and tracks, normalized in the latest version, will stay normalized even if played on older versions (forward compatibility).

You can remove the normalization using RadioBOSS 5.9 - in music librtary choose the "Remove playback level tag" in the Process tracks window.

Buggy said:
even if I fix the normalisation in tracktool, sometimes the segue editor just randomly puts it back up
This is not really possible, as changing the playback level in Track Tool replaces the value and there's no way it will read the older value after that.

Back