Adverts

I have an issue where adverts in the ad scheduler doesn't stop playing or gets deleted after the end date passes. it only goes grey but the advert is still playing. Is there any work around for that? Or a fix?

OK, when/if it happens again, please make a screenshot of the event which works incorrectly.

It's greyed out but some how it's not updating the file that's saved or removing it's when the end date and time comes up

Attachments

• RB2.png
    RB2.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 367
  • RB1.png
    RB1.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 393
The start and end dates are only processed when you click the Create playlists and events button (manual update) or when you run the adsupdate command from the scheduler.

I normally do the Create playlists and events. It use to work that way before but now I have to go in and remove the file and then do another Create playlists and events

Action Radio 95.1 said:
I normally do the Create playlists and events. It use to work that way before but now I have to go in and remove the file and then do another Create playlists and events
It only processes the dates when you update playlists and events, either by clicking the Create playlists and events button, or running the adsupdate command. It never worked otherwise...

More information here: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/advertisement_scheduler.htm

can you give me a typical example of how to set that up. Cause evidently I am missing something. Or can you including the adsupdate as an option that does that with the run of each advert. or be able to set it in the ad scheduler?

Action Radio 95.1 said:
can you give me a typical example of how to set that up. Cause evidently I am missing something. Or can you including the adsupdate as an option that does that with the run of each advert. or be able to set it in the ad scheduler?
You should add the adsupdate command to RadioBOSS's event scheduler. Running it once or twice daily should be enough.

When the adsupdate  is running the update why doesn't it delete the file from the ad scheduler all together. It only takes it out of active status?

Action Radio 95.1 said:
When the adsupdate  is running the update why doesn't it delete the file from the ad scheduler all together. It only takes it out of active status?
It will not delete the file, but it will not include it in the resulting playlists and events.

Back