Continous Play

P

pety

Let's suppose my broadcast is interrupted by an electrical shock. My computer restars, RadioBoss restars too, but the program plays the next item on my playlist, instead of playing what I have already asked it to play, at that very moment.

Is it possible to force Radio Boss to make it play the item, even if it is right in its middle? (of course, with an appropriate fade in, already preset)?

Example: There is this sermon, 30 minutes lenght. My computer crashes after 10 minutes, in 3 the computer restarts, but when RadioBoss returns to broadcast, it takes the next item instead of taking my sermon, even if the listener missed 3 minutes out of it.

Well? Could I set RadioBoss to play my sermon (or any file) this way?

Thanks in advance.

I scheduled this feature for the RadioBOSS 4.7 version. For now it will only start the next track, and you can't change it via settings...

Thanks a lot!

There is another request. I (we) would like to be a setting to play a playlist only from MAIN playlist tab, when restart RadioBOSS. We use secondary playlist tab only for creating playlist for schedule.

It starts to play a song on the same playlist where is was played before restarting. If you only using Main playlist for playback, it won't play another playlists...

I know that. BUT is it possible to make a check box in settings area to select play only with MAIN? I can manage to play only in MAIN, but my co-workers can't to be 100% attentively. It will be a hubbub (chaos).

There are some plans for the new RB 4.7 version, like addins new settings for changing the behaviour of double-click and Play buttons. One of the option will be not to play track if the playlist is not active. Which means, only Main will be playable.

pety said:
Let's suppose my broadcast is interrupted by an electrical shock. My computer restars, RadioBoss restars too, but the program plays the next item on my playlist, instead of playing what I have already asked it to play, at that very moment.

Is it possible to force Radio Boss to make it play the item, even if it is right in its middle? (of course, with an appropriate fade in, already preset)?

Example: There is this sermon, 30 minutes lenght. My computer crashes after 10 minutes, in 3 the computer restarts, but when RadioBoss returns to broadcast, it takes the next item instead of taking my sermon, even if the listener missed 3 minutes out of it.

Well? Could I set RadioBoss to play my sermon (or any file) this way?

I askedfor this. You made something very, very good, but not what we expected.

We want you to sincronize the real time of the day with what should play at that time (from playlist). I give you a schedule to understand how we work.

Attachments

• 27feb - 04mar.ods
    74.1 KB · Views: 648
The "resume playback" feature is good if computer goes down for a small amount of time.
If it turned off in the middle of night, and restarted at the start of the day, it will continue the night playlist...

The good solution will be to avoid downtimes that long :)

In the near future there will be a Web interface added to RadioBOSS so if you're not at the studio, you'll be able to start the required scheduler event.

Syncronizing is not that simple. RadioBOSS should look for scheduler events and start the approptiate one... I'll think about it, maybe come up with some solution.

We have a very, very old software, made in C++ called Wings. It does exactly what we want. So, the request can be solved. I know you can.

pety said:
We have a very, very old software, made in C++ called Wings. It does exactly what we want. So, the request can be solved. I know you can.
I added this feature to the to-do list, so it's possibly be added in the future.

djsoft said:
pety said:
I added this feature to the to-do list, so it's possibly be added in the future.

I will remind you all the time  :)

Back