DTMF Tone Detection Window time frame

mbabb

I'm probably the only one interested in this feature as usual, so I'm not expecting much, but I do have to at least ask.  What about the idea of being able to schedule a DTMF Only triggered event with the option of setting a time window to listen for that particular event.  If the DTMF tone is not heard during that time, the event will NOT play.  This will also help in eliminating false tones triggering the event.

Example:  The network sends a DTMF tone up to twice an hour that affiliates can use to trigger a :60sec break.  Depending on network long form programming, the DTMF tone for this break can occur very near to :29mins after the hour and/or near xx:58:45.  There are some given hours that there is no available break at these times.  I would like to be able to create a scheduled event that will play ONLY when the DTMF tone is heard and only during a specified time window.  If the time window comes and goes, the event will not play.  It would be preferred that this time window not be a global setting, but set for each event.

Michael Babb said:
I'm probably the only one interested in this feature as usual, so I'm not expecting much, but I do have to at least ask.  What about the idea of being able to schedule a DTMF Only triggered event with the option of setting a time window to listen for that particular event.  If the DTMF tone is not heard during that time, the event will NOT play.  This will also help in eliminating false tones triggering the event.
This is already planned for the next release (RadioBOSS 5.2). The "DTMF Only" option function will be changed, working mostly as you describe. The event will start only if DTMF tone was detected and Time/Date settings will not be blocked, allowing you to select the time frame.

Back