How do you get a trial for streaming? I want to try the service, but I can't seem to find it on the website and no reply to emails in 24 hours

DJ L33

How do you get a trial for streaming? I want to try the service, but I can't seem to find it on the website and no reply to emails in 24 hours. I just bought the advanced program and logger.

Nevermind I figured it out, but settings advanced only seems to have icecast in it, and i want to stream to shoutcast directly...not with an additional encoder relayed through another host. can't this be done?

Stream hosting (RadioBOSS Cloud) and the software (RadioBOSS, RadioLogger etc) are different products. The trial for the hosting starts when you order streaming account, 14 days free. Please select the Monthly payment option to get the trial. The trial for downloadable software is available right after you install it.

I got it working :) the trial thank you...but it appears boss cloud can't stream directly to shoutcast....only relay through additional encoder sigh i wanted to use bosscloud really bad because i love the radioboss advanced I just bought...brilliant piece.

SIMPLIFIED QUESTION - if I buy the 12 dollar 1 tb data limit/mo radiocloud package and relay it to my paid shoutcast server with unlimited data transfer, am I now limiting my paid shoutcast server's data limit to 1tb/mo? with tons of listeners 1tb is not nearly enough which is why I have an unlimited shoutcast account...but I want to use radiobosscloud auto dj and relay it to that account. I wouldn't be broadcasting to icecast from bosscloud. I would be 320 kbps mp3 24/7. unless that relay stream exceeds 1tb, should I be okay?

EXPLAINED HERE.

I purchased radioboss advanced software and love it. i love radioboss cloud as well, but icecast is your only native direct broadcast. shoutcast is my main target. I know how to get the additional encoder to broadcast to my other company shoutcast streaming account.

HERE is what I'd like to know. Could I get a very cheap radioboss account simply to send the audio stream and metadata through the additional encoder to my other streaming company shoutcast unlimited streaming account? really im only broadcasting to 1 place...so heres my question.....

1. My other streaming company account has unlimited listeners and data transfer to shoutcast. But if I relayed the output from autodj radioboss cloud through additional ecoder to my other streaming company account, would I be limited by for example in the 12 dollar radiocloud account to "1 TB data transfer" simply from my stream leaving radiocloud and going to my other streaming company account, OR if I have th ousands of listeners tuning in from shoutcast with this setup and their demand is more than 1 TB a month...even though thats fine with the other streaming company (who I am relaying radio boss to) would i be limited to 1tb in my other streaming unlimited relay because I'm going through you guys ?

2. so basically the setup is 1. auto dj with radioboss cloud > to > other streaming company unlimited shoutcast streaming account I have > to > shoutcast page.

3. would my metadata still work?

Last edited:
if I buy the 12 dollar 1 tb data limit/mo radiocloud package and relay it to my paid shoutcast server with unlimited data transfer, am I now limiting my paid shoutcast server's data limit to 1tb/mo?
We only calculate the data that is sent to the listeners who are connected to our server - external servers are not counted. Even the stream to the external server from us is not counted in the data transfer limit.

with tons of listeners 1tb is not nearly enough which is why I have an unlimited shoutcast account
We have other plans with higher data transfer limit. Or you can buy additional data transfer for the Small plan: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/upgrading-your-account/

You don't need to care about data transfer limit if you sent the stream to some other server.

I'd also like to note that there's no such thing as "unlimited" data transfer. It's always limited, and it's noted in fine print. If you actually use a lot of data, they will ask you to pay or leave.

We only calculate the data that is sent to the listeners who are connected to our server - external servers are not counted. Even the stream to the external server from us is not counted in the data transfer limit.

We have other plans with higher data transfer limit. Or you can buy additional data transfer for the Small plan: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/upgrading-your-account/

You don't need to care about data transfer limit if you sent the stream to some other server.

I'd also like to note that there's no such thing as "unlimited" data transfer. It's always limited, and it's noted in fine print. If you actually use a lot of data, they will ask you to pay or leave.
Thank you. Ok then can i stop the broadcast to icecast and 9nly.use the additional encoder to stream elsewhere as i desribed above?

I wouldnt want to drain my small account of data transfer on people listening from icecast...when my target market.is.shoutcast and apps.

Also do you know if 320 kbps 24 7 would fit in that 12 dollar data package, or.would i go over?

Thank you, and thanks so much for radioboss asvanced. What a great program. The only thing.i wish for it was if it had a crossfader exactly like sqrsoft winamp.dsp...but with your options of handling commercials.jingles and spots differently......

Im still trying to tweak the fader to be like.sqrsoft.advanced.crossfader dsp.

Ok then can i stop the broadcast to icecast and 9nly.use the additional encoder to stream elsewhere as i desribed above?
The stream to the internal Icecast server is always active. You can use the additional encoders to also send the stream to the other server.

Also do you know if 320 kbps 24 7 would fit in that 12 dollar data package, or.would i go over?
It only matters how many people are listening to the stream. If you use external server for streaming, the data transfer limit for the account is not applied.

Back