Integrated server issues

nelson c

Hello Dmitry,

I am having problems with Flac and the embedded server.

After several hours, even several days, the integrated server stops broadcasting. (Clients advertise connecting, but never do)
Simultaneous streams in icecast work ok, although the codec is Ogg.
They do not reconnect even if I restart the client.
The only solution is to activate and deactivate the RB encoder.

Any idea what it could be?

Not really. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS version? What happens when you connect to such stalled stream - are there any error messages? Does it send any audio data?
The message is "could not connect to server".
Icecast plays perfect while. It happens about every 2 days.
I'm waiting for it to happen again to attach more screenshots.

I am using the latest version

I don't know if it's a problem with flac or the integrated server.
Change the codec to ogg to see if it repeats.
In the screenshot you can see how winamp and chrome are not able to play

1668018456984.png

From your screenshots, it looks like it connects to the server, but no data is sent.

Please let me know what happens with OGG.

Ogg seems to work fine.
This occurs after more than 24 hours of operation.
The solution is to activate and deactivate the encoder.

I have another pc with radioboss that has exactly the same problem, so I rule out software or hardware problems

In this case I leave it active so that the link can be tested

Ogg seems to work fine.
This occurs after more than 24 hours of operation.
FLAC's bitrate is much bigger, so if the problem occurs after a certain amount of data is sent, it will occur some time later for OGG. If it doesn't occur within a week or two, I think the problem could be the FLAC encoder that RadioBOSS uses.

You can test a different FLAC encoder, e.g. FFMPEG using the Custom Encoders feature in RadioBOSS: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/custom-encoders.htm

FLAC's bitrate is much bigger, so if the problem occurs after a certain amount of data is sent, it will occur some time later for OGG. If it doesn't occur within a week or two, I think the problem could be the FLAC encoder that RadioBOSS uses.

You can test a different FLAC encoder, e.g. FFMPEG using the Custom Encoders feature in RadioBOSS: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/custom-encoders.htm
I will try it and then I will comment how it goes

Hello Dmitry,

I am having problems with Flac and the embedded server.

After several hours, even several days, the integrated server stops broadcasting. (Clients advertise connecting, but never do)
Simultaneous streams in icecast work ok, although the codec is Ogg.
They do not reconnect even if I restart the client.
The only solution is to activate and deactivate the RB encoder.

Any idea what it could be?
I think The issue turned out to be related to a Windows feature that tries to re-install an application when it determines a missing or corrupted file.

The user ran a repair on the PW integration service and that seemed to solve the problem.

RadioBOSS does not use FFMPEG for flac?, because the library is in the program files, and it would be the same unless it is a version problem

I have the following code that although it works, the client software fails to connect, and Chrome tries to download it as a file.
Mime type audio/flac I don't solve

Code:
C:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe  -loglevel -8 -f s16le -ac {Channels} -ar {SampleRate} -i - -f flac -c:a flac -

Am I missing any parameter? Thank you

RadioBOSS does not use FFMPEG for flac?, because the library is in the program files, and it would be the same unless it is a version problem
It's a custom FFMpeg version for AAC+ encoding, it uses flac.exe for FLAC encoding.

Am I missing any parameter? Thank you
Looks good. But if you use ffmpeg.exe from RadioBOSS folder, it will not work.

Dmitry, this keeps happening. And it happens to us on two PCs with different configurations. (Only with flac)
It happens around 48 hours into the broadcast. If the client is connected, it continues sending data, but if a new client tries to connect, even if it tries to reconnect, it doesn't work.
Disabling and enabling the flac encoder solves it, but it's very annoying.

Any ideas?

Most people don't use this for lossless audio compression format they use MP3 knowing its limits a Deflossifier like in StereoTool to remove loss in signals it also reprcess mp3 its also good for crackles and hisses. Deflossifier is brilliant and a great asset .

Not really. We'll check what could be wrong there. May be you can try using a different format instead, like AAC at 192 kbps, the quality will be almost lossless.
The losses are low when the audio is not processed afterwards. Example when going to the web page.
In the event that the audio is input to a sound processor, such as omnia, stereotool etc. The loss is very noticeable if it is processed after a lossy streaming. (Even processor makers don't advise this at all.)
Lossy codecs make assumptions that sounds will not be heard. The problem is that a processor changes all the audio later, and then the difference will be noticed

The following patch has already been released for RadioBOSS?
  • Fixed internal server stopped occasionally when streaming in FLAC

Back