Line input in play list stops playing intermittently.

Warner

Line input in play list stops playing intermittently. Running RB v6.3.3.0 on Windows 10.
Windows Audio shows audio input coming in even when RadioBoss intermittently stops playing it. RB on air duration counter is still running, but audio is not playing through RB.

When it "stops" does it actually stop playing the input and goes to the next track in the playlist? Are there any error messages in the log (bottom left corner)?

When it stops, the sound bars in the middle stop/go blank. The Windows Sound bar under Microphone continues to show sound. I think the log shows a silence detected message some of the time but not every time. Thanks for your help.

1706533310400.png

When it stops, the sound bars in the middle stop/go blank. The Windows Sound bar under Microphone continues to show sound. I think the log shows a silence detected message some of the time but not every time. Thanks for your help.
Looks like the playback sound device had stopped. When this happens, will it play a regular track in the playlist (not linear input)?

When it stops, it will play the next track in the playlist after the silence detection time has completed.

I have installed v7 and the silence issue is still happening, even with audio coming in. See screenshot. Please advise. Thanks. Warner.
1707487213309.png

I have installed v7 and the silence issue is still happening, even with audio coming in. See screenshot. Please advise. Thanks. Warner.
Can you please try using a different sound device - just to check that it's not the device issue? Does it always stop after having played for about 2 hours?

When you say try a different sound device, are you referring to the device that connects the Satellite feed to the computer? It is a USB RCA adapter that connects our Satellite receiver feed to the computer. We have an internet feed as a backup. The issue happens with both feeds. It also happens on two different computers with a separate USB RCA adapter. There does not appear to be any time consistency when it happens. It happens sometimes minutes or seconds apart or hours, it varies. Thanks.

It can be a problem with the adapter, e.g. it fails to work for extended periods of time. On your screenshot, the log shows RadioBOSS attempting to restart the line input, but it fails. If this is a device problem we can't do anything about it. One thing you can try is to switch the driver mode in Settings, Inputs, from WASAPI to DirectSound (or vice versa).

Back