Mass Change for File Paths in RadioBoss Database

Altec

Hi Dmitri,

I hope the RadioBoss' team are doing well

I'm getting in touch because I search since a long time a way to change easily the file path in database, for example if you make corrections in mass on the files names, or files locations, could be possible to had an option to modify the file path, or to permit with the database to make research of files missing.

Or just in the files Track Editor be allowed to change file path more easily ?

Let me know

Altec

If you relocate everything to another drive/location, one possibility would be to export database (Tracks.db) to SQL, use replace feature in the text editor to change old path to a new one, then import SQL file back into database.

Hello Dmitri,

It's not what I'm asking for, I mean to just change in the database the access path, for example if I change the songs file names. The bulk change will be nice too but in my case, for the moment it will be interesting to be able of changing file access path songs by songs.

Thank You

It's not what I'm asking for, I mean to just change in the database the access path, for example if I change the songs file names. The bulk change will be nice too but in my case, for the moment it will be interesting to be able of changing file access path songs by songs.
In this case, right click a track and you will see Rename/Move/Copy commands - they change file name and also update database record.

If you relocate everything to another drive/location, one possibility would be to export database (Tracks.db) to SQL, use replace feature in the text editor to change old path to a new one, then import SQL file back into database.

Dmitry: can you give me more details on this procedure? I am in need of a mass database path change as I need to relocate my library. Is there a specific SQL program I'd need to acquire? Do I make the changes on a copy of the database backup, then reimport? Or do I make the changes to the live database? Does the .db file need to be converted to some other form for editing?

Sorry for the questions, but I know very little about databases. My last system didn't use a database, relying on the Windows directory structure and info in the file headers and tags. So this is new to me and I need some hand-holding.

Many thanks...

...joe

My last system didn't use a database, relying on the Windows directory structure and info in the file headers and tags.
This is also possible in RadioBOSS, please see this page: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/additional-information-storage.htm

Is there a specific SQL program I'd need to acquire? Do I make the changes on a copy of the database backup, then reimport?
You can use DB Browser for SQLite: https://sqlitebrowser.org/
Export database to an sql file (this is a simply text file), make a copy of it just in case. Open file using text editor like Notepad++ and use search and replace feature to change old path to a new one. Save file and then run it using SQLite browser.

Back