Music Database Recommendation

ajtavez

In cases where one song can appropriately fit into several categories, I recommend a feature (maybe a copy function) that would allow programmers to have the same song (and its tag info, crossfades, etc) listed in multiple categories.

Example: Madonna - "Live To Tell" is a throwback (for my station categorized as "TB"), but is also a love song-- a perfect addition to my Love Connection show. Unless I upload the song again and save the genre/comment as "LC" (for Love Connection), I can't get that track to play on both schedules ("TB" and "LC"). There are countless other instances that I could think of that a copy feature would help with immensely.

This is just a suggestion, but one I think would benefit programmers and make for easy database manipulation. Let me know what you think @djsoft. Thanks!

I'll add to this with a question........ If we list several categories, (separated by a comma in the genre/comment section of one track), will that enable the playlist generator to schedule that track on multiple categories? If so, I just didn't know and you can pretty much scratch my suggestion LOL.

Let me know!

You can assign categories using the Comment files, e.g.
Code:
TB, LC
and then use the Playlist Generator to select the tracks based on the comment field, please see this page for more information: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/plgen-cat2.htm

Don't I feel stupid - got it. Makes perfect sense ---- disregard my recommendation. Always excellent help and quick response! Thank you!!!

You're welcome! For the recommendation, it still makes sense, we have plans on improving the category/comment management.

Back