No Microphone Signal

djsoft said:
flous said:
Yes, I?m using the RadioBoss internal "Stream Archive".
In the last version when I used it, it only recorded the microphone without music. Now its only the music  ;D
Do you have "Output to encoders only" option checked for the MIC button? There's a (not confirmed yet) bug: MIC is not recorded by the Stream Archive feature with this option turned on.

Yes, thats the problem. Can you fix it?

flous said:
Do you have "Output to encoders only" option checked for the MIC button? There's a (not confirmed yet) bug: MIC is not recorded by the Stream Archive feature with this option turned on.
Yes, thats the problem. Can you fix it?
[/quote]
Yes, will be fixed in RB 4.9.1.

On the same PC mic is not recorded, indeed. My friend told me that and I checked. Not even RadioLogger record it. My case is different. I use RadioLogger to record LineIN from another PC and in this way it works.

pety said:
On the same PC mic is not recorded, indeed. My friend told me that and I checked. Not even RadioLogger record it. My case is different. I use RadioLogger to record LineIN from another PC and in this way it works.
If you record using StreroMix and microphone is not processed by RB, then it won't be recorded. If you use "Capture playback" - it will record everything.

djsoft said:
pety said:
If you record using StreroMix and microphone is not processed by RB, then it won't be recorded. If you use "Capture playback" - it will record everything.
Understood! I will make a test.

Now: What about this situation n RB ?
1. Take a phone call through Line.IN
2. Use mic to speak to phone caller.

What are the good settings in RB ? What will RadioLogger record ?

I made tests.
There is a major problem for a dj who use RadioBOSS without a mixer. If he speaks at mic he will hear an echo in his ears. That creates confusion. The DJ will be disturbed and will make mistakes.

What solution do you see ?

Is it any posibilities to speak at mic and do not hear in headphone, but listeners to hear ?
Also RadioLogger to record anything : the mic and the music from Main Playlist.

I observed that If I uncheck in Win 7 - Recording devices - Mic - Listen to this devices (headphones) RadioBoss automaticaly activate (change my audio system settings) headphones (Main Soundcard) and echo  starts again. This situation should be improved.

If I check mic "Output to encoders only" RadioLogger record nothing for mic.

pety
What OS are you currently using, is it Windows 7?

There are several possible solutions:
- use ASIO to get rid of latency. The DJ will still hear himself, but without latency this shouldn't cause any problems.
- Disable "Listen to this device" and don't use "Windows Mixer Control" option. Turn on "Output to encoders only" option.

pety said:
If you're using Capture playback (or Stereo Mix in Windows XP) it will record only what's being played on a sound card.
You should consider recording network stream - specify its URL in the Settings.

djsoft said:
pety
What OS are you currently using, is it Windows 7?

There are several possible solutions:
- use ASIO to get rid of latency. The DJ will still hear himself, but without latency this shouldn't cause any problems.
- Disable "Listen to this device" and don't use "Windows Mixer Control" option. Turn on "Output to encoders only" option.

pety said:
If you're using Capture playback (or Stereo Mix in Windows XP) it will record only what's being played on a sound card.
You should consider recording network stream - specify its URL in the Settings.
Thanks! I asked becouse I saw that RB without a mixer board is limited indeed. As you saw in my movie we use a mixer board. That's my recomandation for everyone who use RB. And we use RadioLogger in other PC for recording LineIN.

Without mixer control with a VAC will be possible to make some good settings.

pety said:
I saw that RB without a mixer board is limited indeed.
I think it's enough to get started - it allows to use a microphone and automatically lower down music while talking. When station moves on, the mixer board is necessary anyway.

djsoft said:
pety said:
I saw that RB without a mixer board is limited indeed.
I think it's enough to get started - it allows to use a microphone and automatically lower down music while talking. When station moves on, the mixer board is necessary anyway.
I totally agree  :)

Back