Play Line.In via Remote API

eddr

Hello,

I've been having great success trialing RadioBoss and it's certainly what I need for my radio stations. I am however having an issue doing what I think should be straight forward and easy, maybe I'm doing it wrong!

I plan to have physical buttons to switch between playlist & "live" audio (line in) and as a first step to doing this, need to make sure I can use the remote API to do so. I have tried using the command "load line.in" and even "play line.in" but it doesn't seem to work?

What's the correct way to do this?

Thanks

If you insert the line.in to the playlist, it will stay there and can start playing later when it's not needed... Can you please specify what you want to achieve - probably there's a better solution.

Hello,

Thanks for coming back to me. I just simply need to be able to switch between playlist + line in via the remote API.

For example:
During the day a playlist is running, in the evening someone will press a button which will call the remote API to switch to line in. After they have finished, they will press a button which will switch it back to playlist from line in.

I can achieve this manually by adding line.in to the scheduler, pressing 'run now' - then when 'next' track is used, the line.in gets removed from the playlist - which is what I would want.

Thanks!

Using Remote API you can add line.in to the playlist, play it. To come back to the playlist, go to the next track and remove line.in from the playlist... This is complicated, and I think we'll add more commands to the API to support more use cases.

Hi Dmitry,

Great - being able to do this easily from the Remote API would be great, it's the only thing blocking us using the software at the moment really...

So for now I just need to add line.in to the playlist then play it - and after remove. I'll give this a try and report back. Using this workaround for now, is there any chance the line.in could be played inadvertently though? I suppose we just have to make sure it's removed from the playlist after we switch back from it.

Regards
Edd

eddr said:
Hi Dmitry,

Great - being able to do this easily from the Remote API would be great, it's the only thing blocking us using the software at the moment really...

So for now I just need to add line.in to the playlist then play it - and after remove. I'll give this a try and report back. Using this workaround for now, is there any chance the line.in could be played inadvertently though? I suppose we just have to make sure it's removed from the playlist after we switch back from it.

Regards
Edd
It'll only be removed automatically if you use a scheduled event to insert it into the playlist... Currently it's not possible using the remote API, but it will be possible after the next major update.

Hello again,

Sorry to bump this thread back :) but I had an idea as another work around until this feature is available.... Can you see anything wrong with it?

So user presses physical button which sends remote API command to play a playlist, and this playlist ONLY contains line.in - then when button is pressed to switch back from line in, it loads another playlist. Would this work? Would it be a best to also get the scheduler disabled & re-enabled when switching between?

Thanks
Edd

You can try this approach, probably this will work. The scheduler should probably be disabled, it depends on what events you have there, e.g. if one of the events can interrupt the line in.

Back