Problem with Drag and drop in playlist

howebzar

I am currently evaluating RadioBOSS (Liking it so far), but for some reason Drag & Drop within the playlist has stopped working recently (it did work).
I suspect it's maybe related to my mouse settings, and I will check that, but do you have any ideas? It "looks" right, up to the point I try to drop the track into place and it simply doesn't do it.

Thanks

howebzar said:
I suspect it's maybe related to my mouse settings, and I will check that, but do you have any ideas? It "looks" right, up to the point I try to drop the track into place and it simply doesn't do it.
Try rebooting your PC. Make sure you're dragging files by their title (not icon or number).

The PC has been re-started from scratch a number of times, and yes I'm dragging the title not the icon (or other attributes). I have checked my mouse set up and it all seems ok (it's a MSoft programmable wireless mouse and keyboard, all set to default except the wheel to enable switching between visualisations).

I will try a different mouse just to be sure, but I'm pretty certain it worked fine to begin and has now stopped.

howebzar said:
The PC has been re-started from scratch a number of times, and yes I'm dragging the title not the icon (or other attributes). I have checked my mouse set up and it all seems ok (it's a MSoft programmable wireless mouse and keyboard, all set to default except the wheel to enable switching between visualisations).

I will try a different mouse just to be sure, but I'm pretty certain it worked fine to begin and has now stopped.
It's definitely something wrong with your system - try uninstalling MS Mouse driver to see if it fixed the problem.

BTW, I've just tried it with MS Mouse with its driver (MS Intelligent mouse) and it works fine... Try to remember what did you change in the system which may cause the drag-n-drop feature to stop working.

Hmmm, I tried with a USB Keyboard and mouse (and re-booted) - still getting the same problem.

I can pick up the track with L mouse, drag it up or down but it doesn't move when I release the mouse button. I can't think of any change I made to the settings so I'm at a dead end. I may try re-installing the SW,but I'm worried I'll lose all the work I have done to date.

Fixed it!!!
It turned out to be a result of removing the track numbr (#) from the playlist columns http://www.djsoft.net/smf/Smileys/classic/shocked.gif

I think it also needs to be at the far left column for re-ordering to work. I'm not sure if that's "working as designed" but certainly not documented (as far as I could see)

anyway, problem solved.

If you drag from first column, then it is considered as "dragging between playlists" - e.g. if you drag from regular playlist to AUX playlist. If you drag from other columns (second and all other to the right) then it's dragging inside the list.

It wasn't working in either case until I put the track numbers back into the playlist columns.

Try removing Track number (#) from your playlist view, then re-ordering the songs. It won't work...in fact I don't think it let me move between playlists either, but then the # would have been off on all of them anyway.

Can you please give a screenshot of RadioBOSS's window when dragging was not working? We've tried it with "#" column turned off and drag-n-drop still worked.

Back