RadioBOSS 4.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobby said:
my soundcard is breaking down alot now

thanks to your radioboss software
I don't think it's a RadioBOSS issue.
You should check Playback settings, probably change Sampling Frequency to a lower value (Settings-Playback-Devices, click Change for the first card).
Some sound cards do not work fine on high frequencies like 96kHz or 192kHz, so try using 48000 or 44100 Hz.
And also try increasing the buffer size.

pety said:
I realy apreciate new improvements, I like a lot of good changes. But when I think that finaly is ready a lot of crashes happened. Then we do not start with RB at RVE becouse it is not finish. BUT in first april will start with 4.7.0.1 (english language) becouse looks a little more stable then the newest.
How often do crashes happen? I have the latest version running on several machines already for almost 24 hours and it's fine. Previous version is working for about 14 days continuously already and no crashes/restarts there too.
What other software do you have installed? What sound card is used?

pety said:
Hi bobby
Sound works great until start RB.
After RB is stoped sound works well.
Do you mean sound becomes broken in other programs when you start RB? If it is, then it's definitely a sound card driver's problem.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Hi bobby
Sound works great until start RB.
After RB is stoped sound works well.
Do you mean sound becomes broken in other programs when you start RB? If it is, then it's definitely a sound card driver's problem.
NO!
I reinstalled version 4.7.0.1 and it worked. That means that is something wrong with the newest version.

pety said:
NO!
I reinstalled version 4.7.0.1 and it worked. That means that is something wrong with the newest version.
OK, so the sound is broken only in the RadioBOSS.
The reason in 99.999% for this is small playback buffer size. This can also explain frequent crashes.
Can you please check it? Settings->Playback->Devices->click "Change" for the first sound card and increase buffer size, to, for example, 500 or 1000ms.
BTW, what driver are you using - ASIO, WASAPI or DirectSound?
If you're using Windows 7 it's highly recommended to use WASAPI (or ASIO if your sound card supports it).

Hi, well I tell you:
With regard to the last.fm plug-ins (as discussed above you I can not run with RB) can be downloaded from: http://www.lastfm.com/download, you install an application in the tray bar that communicates with the plug-ins "gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll" in the winamp folder, which should be moved to RB.
Bug: Sometimes the graphics display which mark the sound, saturated, but no sound. strange the only time in the sound stopped them, but not reproduction. this happens so alentoria, and replay the file fails. (see screenshot) (clarified that he has nothing to do with my equalizer settings as happens sometimes, not always)
I have a suggestion: There was a power outage in my city and at that time was playing an event in the playlist.
pc restarts automatically when the event will stay fixed on the list and ranking was a program that has a kind of effect live where they announce the day and time. the next day and the list is in "repeat" were re-run the tracks of the event. would be good to an unexpected end in RB events are not fixed in the list.
error.png

djsoft said:
pety said:
NO!
OK, so the sound is broken only in the RadioBOSS.
The reason in 99.999% for this is small playback buffer size. This can also explain frequent crashes.
Can you please check it? Settings->Playback->Devices->click "Change" for the first sound card and increase buffer size, to, for example, 500 or 1000ms.
BTW, what driver are you using - ASIO, WASAPI or DirectSound?
If you're using Windows 7 it's highly recommended to use WASAPI (or ASIO if your sound card supports it).

On my laptop, with the new settings looks to be ok. No crash anymore.
I'll try onPC from my work.

pety said:

It works on PC from my work too. Sound problem SOLVED. Thanks!

::)

pety said:
pety said:

It works on PC from my work too. Sound problem SOLVED. Thanks!

::)
Thanks for reporting back! :)
What it was finally - low buffer size?

nelson c said:
Hi, well I tell you:
With regard to the last.fm plug-ins (as discussed above you I can not run with RB) can be downloaded from: http://www.lastfm.com/download, you install an application in the tray bar that communicates with the plug-ins "gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll" in the winamp folder, which should be moved to RB.
Thanks for the information, please wait for the next update, the plugin should work there.

nelson c said:
Bug: Sometimes the graphics display which mark the sound, saturated, but no sound. strange the only time in the sound stopped them, but not reproduction. this happens so alentoria, and replay the file fails. (see screenshot) (clarified that he has nothing to do with my equalizer settings as happens sometimes, not always)
Yes, it's a bug when calculating sound level, will be fixed.

nelson c said:
I have a suggestion: There was a power outage in my city and at that time was playing an event in the playlist.
pc restarts automatically when the event will stay fixed on the list and ranking was a program that has a kind of effect live where they announce the day and time. the next day and the list is in "repeat" were re-run the tracks of the event. would be good to an unexpected end in RB events are not fixed in the list.
Yes, there was a similar request recently. But, as power iutage is not common this feature is not a priority...

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Hi, well I tell you:
Thanks for the information, please wait for the next update, the plugin should work there.

nelson c said:
Yes, it's a bug when calculating sound level, will be fixed.

nelson c said:
Yes, there was a similar request recently. But, as power iutage is not common this feature is not a priority...
ok, thanks for everything.
I think I found a new bug:
RB was minimized playing music and suddenly was closed for no reason.
to restart em said that the key had ended. and as I have understood that the beta ends in June, went back to turn and so far works well.
do not know if this is a bug but wanted to say that this could affect the stability of RB.

A BUG!
I tried to assign Jingle but it crashed.
I couldnt send bug email becouse it reported that has no email server (or something like that).
Can you fix send bug report too?

pety said:
A BUG!
I tried to assign Jingle but it crashed.
I couldnt send bug email becouse it reported that has no email server (or something like that).
Can you fix send bug report too?
Probably an antivirus blocks sending, I think you should add RadioBOSS to exceptions. The antivirus may think that you're trying to send spam :)

Hello, is planned for when the next beta?, Because the error "Calculating sound level" a song not heard anything, just silence, and I had to replay, and when I reproduced if i rang back. Thanks! :)

Start time calculate bug.
You'll see in image about the bug...

Attachments

• _calculate start time.png
    _calculate start time.png
    286.6 KB · Views: 481
The encoder wizard will not be released in the 4.7.0. It will be added in the next update 4.7.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back