RadioBOSS 4.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will check this week-end. For now, with buffer size zero, and a soft wich does time syncronizing  from time-to-time works almost well. What soundcard do you recommend?

pety said:
I will check this week-end. For now, with buffer size zero, and a soft wich does time syncronizing  from time-to-time works almost well. What soundcard do you recommend?
Any other sound card, integrated Realtek will do. I've never seen the error with system clock myself and there were no reports about it from other users. That's why I'm sure that there's something wrong with your computer.
When buffer is set to 0 - default buffer lenght is used (500ms IIRC).

NounosSon said:
Found 2 Bugs.
1. When the don't send track to server option is on the track doesn't show up in the log.
2. When a jingle is playing the track title is the name of the previous track.
It's by design. Your listeners will see the same title as you see in the "Now playing" section.

Could you have it so that the meta data for that track type won't get sent to the server but, it will still appear in the log?

RB crashes many times.
The problem is that it does not start "send bug report".

This situations happends many times in a day. SO, I understand that RB do not support a LIVE radio station?

UPDATE!
It happends many times after F1 - Refresh for browser, in Control Panel
Or when drag&drop files from explorer.

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 589
On Air display do not shows pause.

Attachments

• On Air display.jpg
    On Air display.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 605
Just making playlists in Temp.
It crashed.
"Send Bug Report" crashed itself too  ;)

??? :'( :(

Attachments

• another_one.jpg
    another_one.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 579
***BUG***

Under "View" menu, the "Broadcast Statistics..." does not reveal the broadcast information window showing radio stream, total listeners, etc.

Image attached

Attachments

• Broadcast stats.JPG
    Broadcast stats.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 559
In Windows 7 Line.IN Duration is displayed corectly, but in Windows XP at duration is displayed some question mark.

Hello, I think I found a new bug:
"Sege editor" playing the preview for the default sound card in the pc. I should play for this choice in the configuration of previewing RB.
and on the other hand a petition:
I'm about to start a carreda univeritaria in computation, but why should I move to my city 200km, the problem is how to transmit from the city you gonna live my FM radio station (which is in my current city).
Using microwave links is impossible at this distance so I thought to bind in my new place of Recidencia Transmit the plant right through a shoutcast streaming 24 hours, using 2 PC RB. which transmit the first and the second in the plant which would transmison the streming receive the music and in turn be loaded in "track list", so if you cut internet radio does not remain silent.
the problem is with the RDS, because if I send in the metadata streaming, the PC that receives the streaming (which also will be installed RB) is not able to generate a txt file with the metadata of the song that is in the air, I only generates a txt with the name of the station. Do you have any idea about it? Thank you!

pety said:
On Air display do not shows pause.
Yes, it's by design. You don't want users to see that you using the pause :) so when you use the pause, it just shows the previous track title.

pety said:
Just making playlists in Temp.
It crashed.
"Send Bug Report" crashed itself too  ;)
when this happens again, please click "Show bug report", open the "Call stack" tab and make a screenshot. This should be enough to see the problem.
How often does it happen?

djsolar said:
Under "View" menu, the "Broadcast Statistics..." does not reveal the broadcast information window showing radio stream, total listeners, etc.
Thanks for reporting, this will be fixed in the next update.

djsoft said:
when this happens again, please click "Show bug report", open the "Call stack" tab and make a screenshot. This should be enough to see the problem. How often does it happen?
I can't do that becouse when it happeneds RB freeze. Only Task Manager is the saviour to close the application (RB).

Yes, it's by design. You don't want users to see that you using the pause :) so when you use the pause, it just shows the previous track title.

Let me tell you something. I use RB for DWG Radio Romania. For this station make sense what you say, becouse transmition is only for internet.

BUT, at RVE station we try to use RB as main player 24 hours, for Live. It is terrestrial radio station (even if we broadcast to internet too).

I think that have to be a solution for that situation. For example when I use #pause the users to see "Talk", becouse in Live is a Talk Show in that moment. I have 3-4 people in Live studio who debate "The Low of Education". Two or three #pause line, by 10 or 20 minutes help me for a good orientation in playlist (it is about habit here - from the last software) and it gives me a good security that nothing incidental can happened. Believe me is harder to use "Stop after this track". In fact is almost impossible. That's why we use #pause. I told you I work in a radio station from 1988.

I know you hard work and I appreciate that. Improvements are great. And we have a lot of positive expectations. That's why we thank you (and your team too). I hope that soon bugs will be eliminated and we will have a stable 4.7 RB  :)

***BUG*** ??? Not sure

Over that past week, I've noticed that the volume on a random track will suddenly explode past normal levels.

1.  I have not added any limiters or regain, since beta 4.7 already has regain.
2.  I am not using the AutoAmp located within the FX module.
3.  And before someone suggest that is may be the track itself, I've replayed the track by moving it down in the playlist only to find out the track plays at the normal level.

So with that said, I'm not sure what the problem is. Thought I would mention it.

--
Solar
http://mysoulradio.com

Attachments

• Abnormal Level.JPG
    Abnormal Level.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 515
pety said:
I think that have to be a solution for that situation. For example when I use #pause the users to see "Talk", becouse in Live is a Talk Show in that moment. I have 3-4 people in Live studio who debate "The Low of Education". Two or three #pause line, by 10 or 20 minutes help me for a good orientation in playlist (it is about habit here - from the last software) and it gives me a good security that nothing incidental can happened. Believe me is harder to use "Stop after this track". In fact is almost impossible. That's why we use #pause. I told you I work in a radio station from 1988.
So you need custom title for "Pause" command, right? Or just seeing "pause" in the "Now playing" screen will be enough?

pety said:
I know you hard work and I appreciate that. Improvements are great. And we have a lot of positive expectations. That's why we thank you (and your team too). I hope that soon bugs will be eliminated and we will have a stable 4.7 RB  :)

Leandrofiorenza said:
hello, when is scheduled to launch the beta version next?
It should be today or maybe tomorrow.

pety said:
A title for pause would be great, THANKS!
Yes, it will be added in the future versions like 4.7.1, no new features will be added to 4.7.0 because I want to get it out of beta version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back