Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
dave-t said:
Font is set to Verdana 11pt Bold - screenshot attached
OK, this will be fixed.

Thank you

dave-t said:
even sitting the normal distance from the PC I am unable to see any "details". Colors are fine but there would have to be a significant difference changing a background color for it to be noticed. Quite simply, the red flashing text is great ONCE your attention has been drawn to it but it needs something quite bold to attract your attention in the first place - hence my request to flash the background color of the clock  ;)
Hmm... It can flash with red background (but that looks too aggressive), but still in the "Coming up next" box. I really don't think scheduler should be in the Clock at all - doesn't make much sense, and it duplicates the flashing in Coming up next box. 2 flashing boxes is just too much. I think a setting will be added to change the way it flashes, as you proposed.

Looking aggressive is EXACTLY what I am looking for - BUT you really need to be able to enable or disable this feature if you don't like it or want it. If you are unable to do that, then don't do it as the other 99.999% of customers must be given priority  ;)

Seem to be having problems running Playlist Generator Pro as a schedule to save a playlist

I am using the command run PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe -preset=50s -out=R:\Playlist\50s.m3u8

Nothing seems to happen

I have tried doing this at the command prompt and again nothing seems happens ? I am probably doing something wrong but not sure what ?

the preset is fine and generates a playlist if run from the scheduler directly

Regards

dave

RadioBOSS 4.8.0.6
Changes:
- added TTS (text to speech) engine [details below]
- network streams are now restarted on error
- DTMF detection quality improved
- DTMF now can be checked on URL streams (Settings->Microphone/Line.In->DTMF)
- Music Library: added option to batch remove RadioBOSS additional tag
- pre-listen can be used for network streams
- Fade In now applied for network streams
- new scheduler commands: [streamarchive on] and [streamarchive off] to control the Stream Archive feature
- playlists now can contain folder paths, eg. D:\Folder\- RadioBOSS will play all files from folder

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8.0.6_beta.exe

Text To Speech can be used to say any text. While it's not for professional radio stations, there are many situations when it can be useful, eg parties, fun radio stations, etc :) It can also say current time and day.

Syntax: TTS=+N;text
+N (or -N) is talk speed, can be from -9 to +9. Zero must have a sign too (either + or -).
text - a text you want program to speak. Can contain XML tags as described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms717077(v=vs.85).aspx and hour/minute/day macro:
%h - hour
%m - minute
%s - second
%D - day
%M - month
%dw - week day

Example:
TTS=+1;<EMPH>it's %dw %Dth of %M the time is %h hours and %m minutes thank you for listening our cool radio</EMPH>

dave-t said:
Looking aggressive is EXACTLY what I am looking for - BUT you really need to be able to enable or disable this feature if you don't like it or want it. If you are unable to do that, then don't do it as the other 99.999% of customers must be given priority  ;)
An option to make scheduler notice more "aggressive" will be added in the next version.

Regarding playlist generation, your syntax seems correct. This will be checked. Also try it on the latest version which was just released.

Thank you

Tried it on the new version with the same effect. I cannot see any error logs ......

Dave

The path should be full, not just .exe:
Code:
run C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS\PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe -preset=50s -out=R:\Playlist\50s.m3u8

Nope - sorry that does not work either  ???

Tried at the command prompt too with no joy

Do we need to specify the path for the preset ?

Regards

Dave

Also tried simplifying it to run C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS\PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe -preset=50s -out=c:\50s.m3u8

with no joy ?

No path needed for preset. Your command looks fine... Probably it's a bug in the "run" command processing - will be checked soon.

RB 4.8.0.6 does not recognize my path for Libraries.
No Libraries displayed.

Hi, I have several questions / requests for improvement:

-still present the idea of weather and climate announcements? (the new function works only for English. including Microsoft has no support for reading texts in Spanish).

-the new function is streaming attempt reconnection can cause a problem if you enter the address of a song stored on the Internet at the end of this, it is found "a loss of connection", and will replay.

-personally I still need even preload buffer (loading buffer before playing).

-Selector Search improvements (show all results, and other improvements I suggested above).

- DTMF only be played when there are five minutes or less to start an event (for a delay may occur for example by streaming, and if the preset time step does not play).

-Maybe it would be useful to search for songs stored on Internet servers and add them to the list (function recently introduced VirtualDJ), using FTP servers (Songr scheduling (https://sites.google.com/site/getsongr/ ) is a good example of what I mean).

Thanks!. :)

With respect to the announcements of the time and temperature so I'd suggest working ZaraRadio:

Eg:

* Climate:

1-by Weather Watcher software: automatically updates a txt with the temperature of the city.
2-RadioBoss reads a txt temperature: eg 24 ? c.
3-then the program plays the file 24.mp3
4-The program reads a txt moisture: eg 50%.
5-then the program plays the moisture-50.mp3

* Time:
1-hour program reads the system.
2-then play the files related to the current time: eg 5am.mp3 and 00min.mp3

dave-t
The error with "run" command confirmed - it doesn't start Playlist Generator Pro with the new parameters. Please wait for the next update, it will be fixed there.

pety
Library files are searched only in standard folder, eg.
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_430382782\Database
Are you sure you have libraries there and they are not displayed?

nelson c said:
-still present the idea of weather and climate announcements? (the new function works only for English. including Microsoft has no support for reading texts in Spanish).
Yes, it's supposed to be added in one of the 4.8.x versions.

nelson c said:
-the new function is streaming attempt reconnection can cause a problem if you enter the address of a song stored on the Internet at the end of this, it is found "a loss of connection", and will replay.
Looks like a bug. Thanks for reporting.

nelson c said:
-personally I still need even preload buffer (loading buffer before playing).
This is planned for the newer versions.

nelson c said:
- DTMF only be played when there are five minutes or less to start an event (for a delay may occur for example by streaming, and if the preset time step does not play).
Please give more information on this one.

nelson c said:
-Maybe it would be useful to search for songs stored on Internet servers and add them to the list (function recently introduced VirtualDJ), using FTP servers (Songr scheduling (https://sites.google.com/site/getsongr/ ) is a good example of what I mean).
Yes, it's a good idea. Probably will be added in the future.

I appreciate all you do for a better RB.
BUT I would like that Libraries to have MY PATH not of the system. I am sure that you can understand and you can see the importance of this request.

I like the width of PGPro Preset.
Second request:
I also like a large width for Categories Panel. Thanks for understanding.

Attachments

• PGPro_GUI.png
    PGPro_GUI.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 561
djsoft said:
dave-t
The error with "run" command confirmed - it doesn't start Playlist Generator Pro with the new parameters. Please wait for the next update, it will be fixed there.

Thank you  :)

pety said:
BUT I would like that Libraries to have MY PATH not of the system. I am sure that you can understand and you can see the importance of this request.
I know, and you're not the only one who wants this... It will be changed in the future versions.

pety said:
I like the width of PGPro Preset.
Second request:
I also like a large width for Categories Panel. Thanks for understanding.
OK, wait for the new version, it will be improved there.

is there anyway to have a manual option to auto restart a feed that's scheduled. eg. attempt connecting say 5 times in the next 10 minutes.
I have a user who broadcast from home and RB is set to connect at 4am but 5 mins after its disconnected. can't RB attempt a reconnection since that user is on a schedule?

Action Radio 95.1
It's possible, but I don't think it will be included soon - this case is not common and there are too few users who benefit from it...

djsoft said:
Yes, and again problem with USB card :( Looks like those cards are not designed to work for extended periods of time.

Now running with two internal soundcards on RadioBOSS 4.8.0.6 beta. So far this setup is working well. I did not get the changer over done until late so will run it for a day or so to see if it is stable. I found two older PCI soundcards @ the shop. I have room for one more in this computer, so may try that next, three internal soundcards, well maybe.  ;)

Question, re PreListen.

We had talked earlier of muting the Monitor audio when using PreListen. Another option could be reducing it to a much lover level (could be user adjustable). Was this forgotten or still on the to-do list?

Thanks  Casey

Casey said:
djsoft said:
Yes, and again problem with USB card :( Looks like those cards are not designed to work for extended periods of time.

Now running with two internal soundcards on RadioBOSS 4.8.0.6 beta. So far this setup is working well. I did not get the changer over done until late so will run it for a day or so to see if it is stable. I found two older PCI soundcards @ the shop. I have room for one more in this computer, so may try that next, three internal soundcards, well maybe.  ;)

Thanks  Casey

It looks like this problem is not totally the fault of the USB soundcard.  :(

This only effected the Monitor audio.. otherwise, RB kept working and we stayed on the air. Also, PreListen was also working OK.

I went out for a while and when I got back home the monitor sound had failed.. Total run time with this setup was less than 3.5 hours. It worked fine for about 2.5 hours, before I went out.  I don't know exactly when it failed or what happened.

- I shut down and restarted RB a couple of time but this did not fix the problem.
After restarting RB, the error in schedule log showed  'Monitor'  Device ini error: No description (-1)

- Rebooting the computer was required to get thing working properly again.

In this setup:
- Monitor audio is using the second soundcard, a creative sound blaster PCI.
- PreListen is using the integrated sc
- main soundcard - USB transmitter
(So I am actually using three soundcards)

The difference this time, from using the USB sc for monitor or PreListen,  was instead of distorted audio, I had a sound like a motor running coming out of the monitor speakers, no monitor audio could be heard from RB..

It looks like the soundcards are crashing... the only way I can fix the problem is to reboot the computer so the sc is reinitialized.

I have it working fine again, I will investigate this further later in the day.. The next things to try will be to take the USB transmitter out of the mix to see if that helps, even though it has not given any problems. This will  get me back to using only two soundcards. Then after that, if necessary, swap the monitor & PreListen soundcards to see if that helps..

Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back