RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nelson c said:
- DTMF only be played when there are five minutes or less to start an event (for a delay may occur for example by streaming, and if the preset time step does not play).

Please give more information on this one.
The premise is as follows:
normally when using a streaming introduces a delay of about 30 seconds.
The new option to play an event using a DTMF tone and time allotted for the reproduction of the event, has a problem:
- If DTMF tone is detected within 5 minutes before the event it will be played correctly, if not, whether the tone is detected only 1 minute after the preset time, and will not play.
the problem here is that many times by introducing a delay streaming and this may cause delay tone detection and thus be detected by such a minute after the preset for that event, which the scheduler will not execute the event.

Casey said:
Question, re PreListen.

We had talked earlier of muting the Monitor audio when using PreListen. Another option could be reducing it to a much lover level (could be user adjustable). Was this forgotten or still on the to-do list?

OK, on this.. I forgot.. I can use the mute button to disable monitor audio while using PreListen amd Voice Track recorder  :)

Up date on soundcards

I ran for 7 hours, without problems, on the previous setup that the monitor soundcard crashed. Isn't fun with things that are intermittent!

I had planed on eliminating the USB transmitter as it was just a test to see how that configuration would work. I have now changed back to a conventional transmitter fed from a soundcard.

I now am using only the two internal soundcards. The Soundblaster is now the main sc for output to the transmitter while the integrated sc handles monitoring and PreListen. I am still considering a 3rd internal sc later but we'll run it this way for a few days first. I want to see how the Soundblaster card holds up in this arrangement as it was the sc that crashed before.

Voice Track track problem

The play button no longer works! No playback, nothing happens when I press the playback button.

Suggestion

There is lots of space on the top toolbar. Could we have a few more buttons to make some functions more easily accessible? I would like to see Voice Track, Insert voice track and Shuffle. Maybe this could be user configurable, like the Firefox toolbar.  ;)

Thanks... Casey

Casey
When you restart the program and sound card still doesn't work until you restart the PC, that looks like a sound card (or its driver) problem.
You can try turning on the "Disable 32-bit floating point output" option in the Settings->Playback->Miscellaneous.
The 3 sound card setup is being tested here now, I'll post the results soon.

The Monitor is not muted automatically on Pre-listen - do you still need this feature?

Voice Track recorded uses the "Pre-listen" sound card for playback. Make sure you have it selected correctly in RB.

Toolbar customization will be added in the future, the toolbar will be reworked completely... The one we have now has 16x16 buttons, which are too small, probably change those to 24x24 or even 32x32.

Nelson
But you can try changing the event startup time to account for stream delay. Do you want to extend the 5-minute DTMF detection frame?

RadioBOSS 4.8.0.7
Changes:
- DTMF detection in URL: in case of an error, it will be indicated in the status bar
- fixed: network stream restart feature doesn't restart when stream ended
- code improvements and optimizations
- "Playlist Generator" command moved to the Extra submenu
- UI improvements in Playlist Generator Pro

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8.0.7_beta.exe

Runiing the scheduler as a command seems to work well  :)

I will set up some "batch" schedule generations later and see how they go

There is a slight display issue in the "up-next" window which wasn't present - that I can remember - in the previous version

Attachments

• RB6.PNG
    RB6.PNG
    9.4 KB · Views: 597
YES!  I very much like the ability to generate a playlist - works very well

I like the fact that it simply overwrites the previously generated playlist - I don't have to find a way of deleting them  :D

Thank you for a great enhancement - happy bunny  8)

Library PATH still do not work.
I can understand why I can change Log files path BUT I cannot understand why I cannot change Libraries PATH. That's a mistery.

Thanks for PGPro GUI improvement.

im loving version of radioboss its the most reliable yet im my opinion its dosent freeze or buffer which is great, still testing other feature of there is any problems i will let the forum know :)

dave-t
Very good :) I you want something else to be added let me know.

pety
The "library" path will be changeable in the next update. This setting will substitute the "Music library file" setting.

Very pleased  8) It works very well

Overnight the "management PC" created a number of playlist which were saved to a NAS box. at 09:00 this morning the "play out PC" started to play those playlist.

This is exactly how I want it to work.

I can now look to using a low power PC for play out and a second PC for playlist generation, music library management, ripping, converting and tagging. The second PC will also have a "stand by" small music library and playlist to allow maintenance of the "play out PC" and NAS box.

I have one new request.

In the "view" menu can we have an option to NOT display the "playlist" window as this has now no purpose on my "Management PC" and is simply taking up space.

My priority is now the planned improvements in Playlist Generator Pro to improve the selection criteria. Adding Genre, Gender etc will make the music library management a lot easier as it is not easy to mass tag edit the comment field.

Many thanks for these great developments

Regards

dave

You can move splitters to resize areas as you need (see the picture attached).

Attachments

• 12-13-2012 5-53-32 PM.png
    12-13-2012 5-53-32 PM.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 609
djsoft said:
Casey
When you restart the program and sound card still doesn't work until you restart the PC, that looks like a sound card (or its driver) problem.
You can try turning on the "Disable 32-bit floating point output" option in the Settings->Playback->Miscellaneous.

It looks more and more like a problem that was some how caused by having the USB soundcards. The setup now, using two internal cards with no USB soundcards attached, has been running very stable.. I did not need to change anything in RB. I have use it this way the past two days.. longest run so far 12 hours +.. No problems..  :)

Running RadioBOSS 4.8.0.7 with no problems in the parts I am using.. 

With regards to soundcards

In [Settings] [Devices]

You might consider changing the wording for what you now call "Main soundcard"
Maybe this should be called the Output soundcard (output to transmitter or Internet)

I was initially confused by this and thought I had to use the main, default soundcard in the computer. Of course, this is not the case. I find it is actually better not to use the computer's main sound card for the output from RadioBOSS. I am using the the second soundcard to feed the transmitter. The main, default soundcard is used for monitor and PreListen. 

At least on this Vista install, the benefit is that the computer volume & mute (in the tray) only control the default soundcard. To control output level of the 2nd card you have to go into the audio properties. This is much better as it can not easily be adjusted.

The 3 sound card setup is being tested here now, I'll post the results soon.

That's good, I will try that next week and if necessary we can compare notes..

The Monitor is not muted automatically on Pre-listen - do you still need this feature?

I think this might be appreciated by some.

With regards to muting.. during PreListen, Voice Tracking and mic.

Maybe not all user would use this feature in the same way.  I talked to a friend who also worked on air at a radio station in the past. He told me they never totally muted the monitor audio. Theirs was setup so that when they were previewing tracks or turned on the mic, the monitor audio was reduced to a very low level. Myself, I don't like hearing any background and especially not myself talking when recording voice tracks or on mic live.

One option might be allowing users to set the monitor level for muting? That would come the closer to pleasing everyone.

Other wise, the current setup with the mute button and Mic mute is quite workable.

Voice Track recorded uses the "Pre-listen" sound card for playback. Make sure you have it selected correctly in RB.

I have this working now. I could have been part of the changing of the soundcard setup.. I may have missed this.. but to be honest, I not sure.. I thought I remember PreListen working.. I will admit to forgetting to change the sc setting in Radiologger  :)

Toolbar customization will be added in the future, the toolbar will be reworked completely... The one we have now has 16x16 buttons, which are too small, probably change those to 24x24 or even 32x32.

Excellent .. I was thinking the buttons were a bit small but didn't want to ask for too much all at once..  ;D

Thanks... Casey

Casey said:
It looks more and more like a problem that was some how caused by having the USB soundcards. The setup now, using two internal cards with no USB soundcards attached, has been running very stable.. I did not need to change anything in RB. I have use it this way the past two days.. longest run so far 12 hours +.. No problems..  :)
A small test was performed here too: 30+ hours, 3 sound cards (PCI-Express E-Mu; integrated Realtek; $5 USB card). Integrated and USB were used for Main and Monitor respectively, PCI-E card used for Pre-listen.
No problems at all... So I can conclude that some of the USB sound cards are not good enough, or it's something in your system (which makes USB sound cards not work properly). At this point nothing needs to be fixed in RB :)

Casey said:
You might consider changing the wording for what you now call "Main soundcard"
Maybe this should be called the Output soundcard (output to transmitter or Internet)
Probably you're right. I've added it to the "to-do" list, but I think this goes to the next version (4.9) as this change will require change in the documentation, screenshots etc.

Casey said:
At least on this Vista install, the benefit is that the computer volume & mute (in the tray) only control the default soundcard. To control output level of the 2nd card you have to go into the audio properties. This is much better as it can not easily be adjusted.
It's not necessary to use Default sound card for Main. It's just the default setting after installation.
Settings in the tray can control any sound card too, you need to click "Mixer" link at the bottom. But yes, it's not that easy to mute the non-default sound by accident, which is good.

Casey said:
One option might be allowing users to set the monitor level for muting? That would come the closer to pleasing everyone.
I just checked out the request list and there's a similar thing was asked previously. The idea is to make 2 volume controls in the PFL player: the one we already have now (it controls PFL volume) and add volume control for Monitor.
This should be good.

Casey said:
I have this working now. I could have been part of the changing of the soundcard setup.. I may have missed this.. but to be honest, I not sure.. I thought I remember PreListen working.. I will admit to forgetting to change the sc setting in Radiologger  :)
All RadioBOSS modules share the same settings, but RadioLogger/RadioCaster are separate programs and they have their own settings.
Starting from 4.8.0.7 VoiceTrack will produce an error MessageBox when sound card setup is incorrect (instead of  doing nothing as it was).

RadioBOSS 4.8.0.8
Changes:
- fixed voice track recording when using "DirectSound" microphone driver
- folder where Music Library files are stored can be changed now (Settings->General)
- a notice of upcoming scheduler event is now more 'aggressive'
- several minor fixes

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8.0.8_beta.exe

Event Notice

I LIKE THAT - A lot  8)

I am however rather concerned about the Music Database application. after taking files out of iTunes and modifying the tags with RBML the tags became corrupt.

I have spent the past few hours trying different tag editors and have come the the following conclusion

IF tags are written by RBML it appears that nothing else can then read them correctly. Not even looking at the properties in windows or other media players. However RB can.

I sent a file over last night with corrupted Tags and I will send another one shortly whose tags cannot be read by any of my applications except RB  ???

Regards

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back