RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for another great update  8)

"do not loop" option in PLG Pro is a great feature - not tried it yet but will do very soon

Would it not be an idea to add "time announcement" via scheduler ? and simply read the system time. If that was possible an "ofset" would be a great addition to allow for internet streaming delays  ;)

Thanks again

Regards

Dave

Christian said:
Yes I agree. I have been playing around but still find most voices are too soft. Not enough energy especially for a dance style radio station.

Christian

Take a look at http://www.musicradiocreative.com/free-radio-jingles

There is a 50mb archive available free of charge all of which are a bit more "up-beat". there is a set of "hour only" time announcements which may fit your needs

Regards

Dave

Hello, I was testing the new feature to broadcast advertisements of the time, and I propose some improvements:
* The settings folder listings should be done from the settings panel.
* It would be very good too, you can use these listings above songs (as jingles), and also to program them as events.
With each addition of functionalities, the flap playlist is getting longer  ;D, maybe you could create a subdivision: example-automated announcements-> text / time.(in the small resolution of a netbook barely fits)

You can see all the songs when performing a search? (I ask because I'm not on the radio right now, I'm with my netbook and I can prove it because here I have less than 500 songs)
This is something very important.
Thanks

djsoft said:
Can you send the temperature/time voice files you have to support@djsoft.net - this will help to test more "sets" and fine-tune the feature.

Check your email.. 

The file was large so I sent a you the link to download. It contains all the time and weather voice files I had for ZR.

For the weather, ZR used Weather Watcher Live from Singer?s Creations
http://www.singerscreations.com/WeatherWatcherLive

Now, this was a while ago so I do not know if it still would work and the program seems to have gotten over complicated for what is needed. The way it worked was that Weather Watcher had an option for writing the weather information to a text file. ZR then picked out the needed information for the temperature and humidity.

I can get my current weather in a text file or RSS feed. Many others may have this available to them without having to buy another program.

If RB can pick the needed data from a text file for Temp and in my case wind chill would be nice.. humidity may be important to others.

Here is a sample of text file I get from my weather service:
- - - - - - -
Current Conditions

Observed at: 1:00 AM CST Tuesday 18 December 2012

Condition:  Cloudy
Temperature: -10.9?C
Pressure:  100.4 kPa
Visibility:  16 km
Humidity: 92%
Wind Chill:  -17
Dew Point:  -12.0?C
Wind Speed:  E 11 km/h
- - - - - - -

Casey

Christian said:
Actually I was more thinking of a radio station to approach them. If their voices are used on air it can give some visibility to the company. Anyway i am not so sure. You can also make a try.
I saw they offer SDK which is for software developers :) I don't know if they provide a voice for MS Speech (which is used in RB) - if they do, you can try get it from them.
Thanks for reporting a bug.

dave-t said:
Would it not be an idea to add "time announcement" via scheduler ? and simply read the system time. If that was possible an "ofset" would be a great addition to allow for internet streaming delays  ;)
It's already possible: in the scheduler's "filename/command" enter the following:
Code:
saytime=D:\timevoices
(change the folder to where the files are actually located)

I don't think we should bother with offset: by default the delay is around 30-60 seconds - that's not much. No one will miss a plane because of slightly incorrect time announcement :)

nelson c said:
* The settings folder listings should be done from the settings panel.
I wouldn't agree. As it is now, you can use different voices during the day. The "add announcement" window remembers the latest folder selected - you don't have to select the folder each time.

nelson c said:
* It would be very good too, you can use these listings above songs (as jingles), and also to program them as events.
It's possible - please see reply to dave-t above.

nelson c said:
With each addition of functionalities, the flap playlist is getting longer  ;D, maybe you could create a subdivision: example-automated announcements-> text / time.(in the small resolution of a netbook barely fits)
What resolution your netbook has? The program is designed to fit in the 1024x768 resolution. "Playlist" menu height is under 500px.

nelson c said:
You can see all the songs when performing a search? (I ask because I'm not on the radio right now, I'm with my netbook and I can prove it because here I have less than 500 songs)
Not yet, the list is still limited to first 500 results. Please wait for the next update.

Casey said:
Check your email.. 
Thanks for files :)

Regarding weather, it will be added in the future 4.8.x versions (no more new features for 4.8.0). The weather source wouldn't require installing an external program: it'll just make a request to a weather service - I'm not sure yet which one we will use.

djsoft said:
- automatic time announcements (Playlist->Add time announcement) (more info below)

RadioBOSS 4.8.0.9

Time works using sound files from ZaraRadio.. I made no changes, though I think there are some extras files that are not needed. They have not given any problems yet.. will look at that later..

Adding a Time announcement from the menu Playlist> Add time announcement works fine...

The Time command is recognized in the scheduler  but does not work.. what am I missing?  ???

1) - just using Time as a command does not work. It flashes as a coming event .. but nothing happens. (no error message)

2) - next thought time does not know where the files are so I used this in the scheduler: Time C:\RadioBOSS\Time  .. Now the event is added to the play list as other events. (with clock icon)

This does not work.. 
Error message: Unable to play! Error code = 2  (unable to open the file/invalid server address)

I tried a few other variations with no luck.. keep getting the same error..  :(

I think we need a place to enter the path to the time files so that the Time command will work in scheduler..

Enough this morning.. sleep is calling...  :)
Casey

Casey
The command should be like this (you just need to change the path):
Code:

In the next version Time announcements will be added to the scheduler's wizard to make things easier :)

Small error in the interface: when the player window is very small, overlaps the microphone button.

Attachments

• Bug-interface.png
    Bug-interface.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 682
nelson c said:
Small error in the interface: when the player window is very small, overlaps the microphone button.
Yes, this is a known one... But there's currently no fix for it :(

Hey djsoft

I would like to request for a next song annountment guy to be added to radioboss please

thanks

RadioBOSS 4.8.0.10

- Several improvements in the Search feture
- Added "Start by DTMF only" option to events
- "One track only" indication for "Break" button
- Time announcement and TTS added to the Scheduler wizard.
- Minor bugs fixed

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8.0.10_beta.exe

djsoft said:
bobby said:
I would like to request for a next song annountment guy to be added to radioboss please
Do you mean it should read what song is up to be next?

Hey Djosft

yes i would like radioboss to read what song is coming up next

if you could add that feature on radioboss please

Big problem in playlist.
I do not understand why dissaper time calculation of a selection of tracks.

It was a request in past. It was solved, but know...

Please, I need that function (duration calculate of selected tracks) in playlist. Please, move it back.

New enhancements in searches work great!, Thanks.

For RB 4.9 I would like to have several skins as radiocaster. :).

Another issue:
RadioLogger is a trademark? because I found other software that does the same, practically with the same name: "Radio Logger Pro" (http://www.radio-soft.com/en/products/view.php?id=3)

djsoft said:
Casey
The command should be like this (you just need to change the path):
Code:

In the next version Time announcements will be added to the scheduler's wizard to make things easier :)

Opps ...  I missed that one..  over tired and trying to get something working..  ;)

OK, that works fine.  :)

A note, just for reference.

You must not have a trailing "\" at the end of the path ie saytime=D:\timevoices\  that breaks things.. 
(I copied the path from Total Commander and missed that the first time..

With a trailing "\" at the end, you get a blank event in the playlist and the time does not work...
Error - Unable to play ! Error code = 5 (invalid handle)

Casey

djsoft said:
While testing, the Main and Monitor cards were slightly out of sync. I'll see if that can be improved.
But you've started with the right direction: buffer sizes should be the same.
You can use ASIO4ALL [http://www.asio4all.com] and switch all sc's to use ASIO - it will remove latency and should make cards output playback synchronously.

RadioBOSS 4.8.0.10 curently running..

This was lots of fun!  ;)
Finally after a lot of experimenting, reading and testing I have got the ASIO drivers working on 2 soundcards.  I have output to transmitter on the soundBlaster SC and Monitor on the Internal soundmax SC.

Getting the 2nd SC to work was a big pain.. the final answer for anyone else trying this was to remove the soundblaster drivers.. They are not needed, especially in my case as this SC is only used for the RB output (main). With the SB drivers loaded the SC was not available to ASIO.

Now the problems..  :)

No PreListen...  The only option for setting up the PreListen audio is DirectSound... this will not work... 
I get this error: [Error playing file (code 4: "No description") Please check "PreListen" device settings']

There is nothing I can do to change the PreListen settings.. There are other options including ASIO is in the list but they are greyed out.
For PreListen to work in this situation, it has to be set to ASIO. The only other option would be a 3rd sound card.

RadioLogger which I am also testing in this setup.. will no longer work.. 
It need to be able to support using the ASIO driver for recording and play back..

A new one...  Occasionally the Monitor audio get distorted.. some time it clears up on it's own. Sometime is gets really bad.
The fix I found.. if I turn the MIC on and off, the monitor audio clears up...  This only works with the MIC button,
NOT by toggling the mute on and off so it is not the muting function that is doing this. 
I will have to test more to get a better idea of what is happening.

On the positive side, the audio has stayed perfectly synced for several hours..

Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back