RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just update

!!! WOW !!! 7 HOUR PLAYLIST GENERATED IN 6 SECONDS  8)

Will keep an eye on things but first impressions are that scheduler/Playlist Generat Pro are working extremely well

Will feed back later today once more shcdules have run automatically

Has the issue with the license code been fixxed - I am running out of "trials"

Thanks

Regarding license code, please try the following:
1. enter your code as usual. In this version the way code is handled changed a bit and it should be fine now
2. if it doesn't work, right-click on RB icon, select Run As Administrator and try activating from there
3. if it doesn't help either let me know...

I have some question(s).

Is it possible to open Work Zone 2 (Cart wall, Search, File Explorer, Web browser) in the second Monitor (Display)? RB can works with 2 monitors (display)?

Update! I would like to have in WZ2 web browser, like in picture

Attachments

• New RadioBOSS.png
    New RadioBOSS.png
    586.2 KB · Views: 701
Hello, as you can import lists .M3U to music library?

Other stuff:

-Error: DTMF tones using the ADS Scheduler running all commercial blocks simultaneously without following the schedule.
as used to replace commercial streaming links should perhaps allow a range of one or two minutes late, or maybe play the closest event.

-When you use the "Overlay Playback" and used play all tracks in a folder, does not work (if it works in playlists).

Thanks!

David said:
Hi Casey...
I see when you use the word id in your file type that it changes the song color.  If you look closely at the songs that have changed color they all will contain the word id embedded in them.  You might try changing file type to something like LegalID  or maybe DJsoft has a better idea.  Hope this helps a little.

David..

I was thinking the same thing later, when I was trying to get to sleep. I check it when I got up and that is the problem. Just like when doing searched in some programs, RadioBOSS is picking out the letters ID from a word in the song title.

ie  Where Did Our Love Go << note in the word did  ID is there.

So you are correct, a longer file type name is required and something that would not normally be part of a common word.

djsoft said:
What ID are you using for the file type? If possible please send one of the "coloured" files to support@djsoft.net for analysis.

djsoft..

Dave has this right.  Maybe a note on this with respect to name usage could be added to the help info..

Thanks  Casey

djsoft said:
Regarding license code, please try the following:
1. enter your code as usual. In this version the way code is handled changed a bit and it should be fine now
2. if it doesn't work, right-click on RB icon, select Run As Administrator and try activating from there
3. if it doesn't help either let me know...

FYI >>

I have not had any problem with having to re-enter the license code when I upgrade beta versions.

I install the new version over the current install. All settings and the license code stick.

Beta 4.8.0.3 now running.

Casey ...

Happy to report no further issues with playlist generation today after upgrading to 4.8.0.3

RB ran an automated playlist generation at midnight (UK Time) and produced a 7 hour playlist in 14 seconds.

Thanks guys

Time for bed  :)

nelson c said:
djsoft said:
nelson c
Well, if it's only selection problem, I don't think it's a big deal... But I've never seen this problem before myself nor there was similar reports.

Regarding the "Remove after playback" - this feature works fine, check the PLaylist->Queue mode.

Importing .m3u/.m3u8 files to the library will be in 4.8.0.3, weather/hour announcements should also appear in this Beta too. AUX players are planned for the future updates, eg. 4.8.4 or maybe 4.9.

Ok, great! makes me happy that so much development! :)

Regarding Queue mode something strange happens:In my notebook works perfect, but in the main pc radio does not work (just tried the default profile and does not work)

Any idea why this might happen? if you need a video capture

pety said:
Update! I would like to have in WZ2 web browser, like in picture
RB is designed to work on one monitor... Regarding web browser, I see you already have it in the second zone?
If you need browser on second screen, I think it will be easier to open your regular browser there.

Casey said:
Dave has this right.  Maybe a note on this with respect to name usage could be added to the help info..
In future, identifiers will be stored in metadata, so you won't need to use titles at all.
For identifiers you can use something like *ID. This is unlikely to appear in regular music track title.
Also check the "Do not send this track title to server" to hide this from listeners.

Casey said:
I have not had any problem with having to re-enter the license code when I upgrade beta versions.
The license code problem is pretty rare... But we still need to fix it to make it work for everyone. In most cases problems happen because of antivirus software.

dave-t said:
RB ran an automated playlist generation at midnight (UK Time) and produced a 7 hour playlist in 14 seconds.
Yes, the playlist generator works really fast now :)
What about license code - does it work now or you still use trial version?

nelson c said:
Any idea why this might happen? if you need a video capture
Yes, video capture would be very nice.
And please give more info on the system: what OS are you using, and is there any antivirus software installed?

Joshua said:
Great Support.
Thank you :)

djsoft

I think it will be easier to open your regular browser there.
Of course it is easy to open a browser in a second monitor. But not this is the point. Let me give you some reasonings.

First of all if user increase the font size the RB become very "compressed" with a cuneiform written . That mean that RB looks like raw-head and bloody bones. I checked that to a display by 19 inch.

Second one. Not the browser is my first option for Work Zone 2, but the SEARCH tool. Browser just looks nice, that is why I choose it to be shown.

Now we have tree panels but WZ2 in that conditions (increasing font size) is useless.

Update!

Third reason is personal (emotional). I want to boast with RB's functionalities.

It looks fine on 1920x1080 and higher resolutions (see screenshot).

Also you can temporarily turn on/off the left panel by clicking Ctrl+L.

Attachments

• 29.11.png
    29.11.png
    129 KB · Views: 712
nelson c said:
Hello, as you can import lists .M3U to music library?
Not yet, but it will be added pretty soon.

nelson c said:
-Error: DTMF tones using the ADS Scheduler running all commercial blocks simultaneously without following the schedule. as used to replace commercial streaming links should perhaps allow a range of one or two minutes late, or maybe play the closest event.
Yes, it'll be like this... DTMF checking will be tied to event start time somehow.

nelson c said:
-When you use the "Overlay Playback" and used play all tracks in a folder, does not work (if it works in playlists).
Thanks for reporting this one, will be fixed.

djsoft said:
It looks fine on 1920x1080 and higher resolutions (see screenshot).

Also you can temporarily turn on/off the left panel by clicking Ctrl+L.
I think you are joking an I am very serious. You have in image no playlist, no track in Main no font-size increase. I will send you ours imager later.

Do you know? There is no problem if you can't do it. I can understand if it is a task over your skills.

RadioBOSS 4.8.0.3 crash

I had a crash with RB tonight, unfortunately there were no error reports or messages
to capture.

I had a total program lock up.. At the top of the program window was "program not responding".
This may not be of any help but figured I should pass it along.

The crash is likely a result of my making hardware changes while RB was running. On the other hand if this caused RB to lock up, wouldn't be better if the program gave an error and let you fix the problem?  If it's a windows fault, not much can be done..  :(

So here is what happened. I plugged in a USB sound card. Shortly after RB crashed totally. I had no control of anything and had to stop the program via the task manager.

I forgot about windows bad habit of decided a USB sound device should become the default soundcard.  (Microsoft has windows does this by default.) This likely caused a problem with RB accessing the selected sound card.. Maybe caused it to panic and crash??

This could also happen if someone decides to plug in their USB headphones, on the fly..

After rebooting and making changes to the playback devices I was was able to get RB running again with two soundcards.

Problems - Using two soundcards..

1) - I have the On Air music audio coming out of both sound cards.. This is correct as far as the
description in the manual. "In addition to the Main soundcard, RadioBOSS can output the same signal to another sound card."

There was one time I ran RB that the On Air audio did not come through the monitor speakers. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard and On air audio was ok on the main sound card.  The next time I rebooted it was back the same as before.. No Idea why this happened..

2) - How do I turn off or turn down the "On Air" audio on the monitor soundcard? 

I tried clicking on the mute speaker icon on the menu bar, this seemed like a logical thing to do. (Not well explained in the manual)  This does not work for this purpose as it mutes both the On Air and Monitor audio.

The PreListen audio plays with both with and without mute pressed. There would be time when you may not what to hear the on air audio and if you use mute you are off the air.

3) - When you press the Mic button, the monitor audio should mute. (That's the way it was at any stations where I worked. You don't really what to hear yourself or have feedback.)

The Mic button does not mute the monitor audio.. should it?  If not, can this be added?

Summary
- Prelisten works on the monitor soundcard but is always mixed with the On Air music. 
- Mute button mutes both on air and monitor audio. 
- The correct feed is going to the transmitter from the main soundcard.
- Only the Monitor soundcard is having problem. 
- Mic does not mute On Air audio to monitor soundcard.

I've experimented with all the settings but have not found the solution yet.

Disable local echo

- What is Disable local echo Suppose to do? 
  With this selected the microphone is disabled.

I hope this is useful, I've been experimenting and testing for many hours today!  :)

Casey..

pety said:
I think you are joking an I am very serious. You have in image no playlist, no track in Main no font-size increase. I will send you ours imager later.

Do you know? There is no problem if you can't do it. I can understand if it is a task over your skills.
No jokes :) I just made a quick printscreen on one of the test machines. But it's really a screen resolution issue - 1920x1080 has 1:8 ratio, while 1440x900 is just 1:6, eg. 1980 monitor is wider and therefore has more horizontal space.
It's not a 'skill' problem, it's a question if we need to do it or not...  Stretching one window on 2 screens is not a good idea. It won't look good. Especially if screens have different resolutions.
But I suddenly think there may be a good solution: make 'Zone2' detachable, eg. it will be inside its own, separate window, and you can move it wherever you need.

Casey
Thanks for reporting the hardware changing problem. This will be checked.
Do you use WASAPI driver for Main and Monitor devices?
There's no volume control for Monitor sound card.

Regarding the Mute feature, it's implemented as DSP (so it affects everything where this stream is played), as opposed to Volume control, which controls only sound card output level. I think Mute button will be removed as I don't see any use for it. And I don't recall why it was added to the program...

MIC button doesn't mute the audio, and I think this can be added. Another users requested the same before.

Casey said:
- Prelisten works on the monitor soundcard but is always mixed with the On Air music. 
Yes if you have Monitor and Prelisten set to the same device, those will be mixed. Probably the program should check it and mute On Air when you prelisten a track...

Casey said:
- What is Disable local echo Suppose to do? 
  With this selected the microphone is disabled.
With this option on you won't hear microphone through speakers, but if you have broadcasting encoders set, your listeners will hear what you say.
This is a feature for Internet-radio only.

Casey said:
I hope this is useful, I've been experimenting and testing for many hours today!  :)
Yes, thank you very much for sharing experiment results. It helps making software better.

djsoft
make 'Zone2' detachable

That is a good ideea too (but, in my opinion, not better). I still think that it will be great that WZ2 can be open in second monitor. For us that will be great, but if your decision is : "Stretching one window on 2 screens is not a good idea. It won't look good  ??? " we cannot do anything. You can decide that is your software, of course. Maybe if someone else likes my ideea you will reconsider your position.

I agree with Dmitry!, Also if WZ2 removable, can be dragged to a second monitor. perhaps the idea is like this: you have the main screen on a second monitor, and since the former can use any Windows application besides WZ2, or for example "Sigue editor"

pety
I just checked, and I was able to stretch window across two monitors with 1920x1080 resolution :) Don't use maximize button as it will maximize window on the current screen. Manually resize it.
Please see screenshot.

Attachments

• 2screen.png
    2screen.png
    313.1 KB · Views: 675
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back