RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re licence code issue .........

No issues at present simply because RB has not had to re-start itself  :) Manual shutting down and re-starting never was a problem.

Shcedule gernation is working really well now - great work guys  8)

Found a strange one in the Musical Library

If you select a number of tacks and edit something like artist, Genre, Gender it either corrupts or removes any album artwork for MP3 files ::) It does NOT do the same with FLAC files !

djsoft said:
Do you use WASAPI driver for Main and Monitor devices?
There's no volume control for Monitor sound card.

Yes I am using the WASAPI driver for both.

I have a hardware volume control on my Monitor sound card.  :)

FYI>>  This is what I am using for the monitor soundcard. A cheap and easy way for anyone to add a second soundcard.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USB-2-0-3D-Virtual-7-1-Channel-Audio-Sound-Card-Adapter-/221118472683?pt=US_Sound_Card_External&hash=item337bb021eb

I think Mute button will be removed as I don't see any use for it. And I don't recall why it was added to the program...

Instead of removing it, could it be made to only mute the On Air audio from going to the monitor sound card?
With a full radio station setup this would be done with a switch or pot on the board. I can see many time were this would be useful.

MIC button doesn't mute the audio, and I think this can be added. Another users requested the same before.

This would be excellent!

Yes if you have Monitor and Prelisten set to the same device, those will be mixed.
Probably the program should check it and mute On Air when you prelisten a track...

This would be good as many of us would not want to go beyond using 2 soundcards.

- What is Disable local echo Suppose to do?  (With this selected the microphone is disabled.)

With this option on you won't hear microphone through speakers, but if you have broadcasting encoders set,
your listeners will hear what you say. This is a feature for Internet-radio only.

I am not planing to experiment with online broadcasting yet but now I know.

Yes, thank you very much for sharing experiment results. It helps making software better.

I'm glad to be able to help  :)

Thank you djsoft, I will keep doing my experimenting and learning.

Casey

Casey said:
Yes I am using the WASAPI driver for both.

I have a hardware volume control on my Monitor sound card.  :)
That's a nice piece of hardware. There are couple USB sound cards here, similar to the one you posted, but they don't have volume control nor they have any other buttons :) I think that will still be enough to test the issue you mentioned when sound cards added or removed while program operates.
By the way, WASAPI device handling was changed a bit in the latest update, you can test it - probably the issue has already gone.

Casey said:
Instead of removing it, could it be made to only mute the On Air audio from going to the monitor sound card?
With a full radio station setup this would be done with a switch or pot on the board. I can see many time were this would be useful.
This will add confusion as documentation says that "monitor" card will have the same sound as "main"...
What are you using the Monitor sound card for? In most cases it's easier to use the Main device only.
I think we'll start with a feature which mutes Monitor sound card while pre-listening a track (and prelisten device is the same as Monitor).

dave-t said:
If you select a number of tacks and edit something like artist, Genre, Gender it either corrupts or removes any album artwork for MP3 files ::) It does NOT do the same with FLAC files !
Please send one track which becomes corrupted (but not corrupted yet) to support@djsoft.net. This will be fixed in the next update. I'm sorry if some of you files' tags were corrupted...

dave-t said:
MP3 file sent as requested
Thank you. It looks like the file's tag is not written properly (wrong tag size specified). Where did this file come from, did you use other software to edit its tags?

I use an application called TagTuner www.tagtuner.com to mass process file tags and for standardizing file names

dave-t said:
I use an application called TagTuner www.tagtuner.com to mass process file tags and for standardizing file names
Thanks... This software will be checked. On the first sight it looks like the tags written by it do not conform to ID3V2 specification which results in this tag being read incorrectly by RB.

Casey said:
Problems - Using two soundcards

There was one time I ran RB that the On Air audio did not come through the monitor speakers. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard and On air audio was ok on the main sound card.  The next time I rebooted it was back the same as before.. No Idea why this happened..

It happened again... I lost the On Air audio on the monitor soundcard. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard. RadioBOSS is working fine, other than this.

I have no idea what or why this happened. I was not doing anything with the computer at the time when I notice the sound stopped.

Restarting RadioBOSS fixed the problem.. Everything is back to normal now..

Casey

Update:

I now have some idea what is happening..
This time I caused the loss of On Air audio to monitor soundcard.

I was making some changes on the computer and unplugged the USB soundcard by mistake..  :(
I plugged it back in, RadioBOSS kept working.. all fine there..

But.. I had no On Air audio..  PreListen worked fine..

I still don't know exactly what happened the previous times but from this latest situation it may give some ideas. It is possible that RadioBOSS some how momentary loses connection with the USB soundcard. When it recovers, the path for the On Air audio is not restored, while the PreListen works.

Casey

Casey said:
Casey said:
Problems - Using two soundcards

There was one time I ran RB that the On Air audio did not come through the monitor speakers. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard and On air audio was ok on the main sound card.  The next time I rebooted it was back the same as before.. No Idea why this happened..

It happened again... I lost the On Air audio on the monitor soundcard. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard. RadioBOSS is working fine, other than this.

I have no idea what or why this happened. I was not doing anything with the computer at the time when I notice the sound stopped.

Restarting RadioBOSS fixed the problem.. Everything is back to normal now..

Casey

Update:

I now have some idea what is happening..
This time I caused the loss of On Air audio to monitor soundcard.

I was making some changes on the computer and unplugged the USB soundcard by mistake..  :(
I plugged it back in, RadioBOSS kept working.. all fine there..

But.. I had no On Air audio..  PreListen worked fine..

I still don't know exactly what happened the previous times but from this latest situation it may give some ideas. It is possible that RadioBOSS some how momentary loses connection with the USB soundcard. When it recovers, the path for the On Air audio is not restored, while the PreListen works.

More info on using the monitor function on second soundcard..

I was away for about 3 1/2 hours this afternoon, when I came home, I had lost the On Air audio from the monitor soundcard. PreListen  was still working. So this happens when nothing else is being done on the computer.

Later this morning (when I should have been sleeping) I again noticed I had lost the On Air audio from the monitor soundcard.  However, this time things were different as PreListen  did not work and I got an error message... see attached

I noticed in the Playback device settings..

The monitor soundcard was using the WASAPI driver while the the Preview output is using the DirectSound driver. The driver for the Preview output can not be changed, all other options are grayed out.

Next test I set both to use the DirectSound driver. It is working now.. Will test this more later to day, after I get some sleep..  :)

Casey

Attachments

• shot_121201_031927.png
    shot_121201_031927.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 573
Casey
Thank you for detailed information on this error (I wish all bug reports were that detailed :)).
Looks like 'Monitor' feature has some bugs. Working on it...

RadioBOSS 4.8.0.4
- Improved "Restart program if it crashes or hangs" feature
- Fixed performance issue in Music Library when loading large libraries (100k+ tracks)
- Playlist Generator Pro can be launched from command line (see first post for details)
- Mouse drag-n-drop for categories and playlist structure in Playlist Generator Pro

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8.0.4_beta.exe

Hello!, new bug when opening the program after upgrading.

Many Thanks for the importing m3u playlists! It is very useful!
Congratulations again on this day is software that is best :)

Attachments

• bugreport.txt
    24.9 KB · Views: 656
Ooo nice!

Can the "run playlist generator pro from command line" and include the parameters from the scheduler? or would I have to write a batch file and run that rather the generator pro?

I know I should sit and try it but I have suffered a hard disc crash so re-building my system  :mad:

I have now ordered a dedicated RB system which is a Dell dual core system running Windows 8 - due to arrive December 10th  8)

Hallo,

thanks for fast Development. The Music Library goes many faster. So it's really fun  :)
I have a Request:
I wish one eq for the micro. is that possible? or there is a plugin for it?

Greetz
Joshua

Hi I will like to some improvements in the search:
-The new Stop Search button, also could clear the search field.
- When you change the search combobox (so the library or artist, title), would be good to refresh the search without having to delete or add a character.
-I need a way to see the entire list (even when empty search field is shown 500 songs)

These are just ideas that we think would make it easier to search for music.

Thanks!

djsoft said:
Casey
Thank you for detailed information on this error (I wish all bug reports were that detailed :)).
Looks like 'Monitor' feature has some bugs. Working on it...

Glad to be of help..  :)

Another update on monitor sound..

Now 12 hours with On Air and PreListen both using the DirectSound driver.
Setup this way,  I have had no problem with loosing the On Air audio..

voice-track
Voice-tracking recorder and playback are also working fine.
One thought, would it be possible to add a volume control for when you are playing and editing voice-tracks? Like in the PreListen player..

I did find a problem using the controls on my USB soundcard.

The mute and volume controls on the USB soundcard also control the main soundcard. ??  I didn't catch this before..  I turned down the monitor volume, while on the phone, then didn't  turn it back up right away.. A bit later when I checked my off air signal, I  had very low audio on the transmitter..  (On the positive side, it did make me aware of a power supply problem.. hum..  I need a different PS or some more filtering.)

When I move this setup, off the bench, to a more permanent location, speakers with a hardware volume control will be included.. There must be a pair around here some where..  ;)

I have most thing working fine using basic operation with RadioBOSS. Now it is time to do some reading and  learn about using the Playlists etc..  :)

Running RadioBOSS Beta 4.8.04

Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back