RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Action Radio 95.1
Make sure you're using the latest RB 4.9.0.2, previous versions had a bug which could lead to an unexpected behavior.

If you're already using the latest version, please clarify if you're talking about Broadcasting feature or it's network stream playback?

Hello, recently I found two errors:
1- A file that has the following path, to save the list .M3u will not play:

D:\Mis Documentos\Mis documentos Nelson\Mi musica\Archivos Radio\Discografias\Nelly Furtado (09-05-2011)\01. Album - ???????\08. 2009 - Mi Plan\05. Bajo Otra Luz.mp3
the saved route is:
D:\Mis Documentos\Mis documentos Nelson\Mi musica\Archivos Radio\Discografias\Nelly Furtado (09-05-2011)\01. Album - ???????\08. 2009 - Mi Plan\05. Bajo Otra Luz.mp3(sorry they are emoticons)

2- I was moving a file in the list, then cut and attached the error occurred and restart the program:

Attachments

• bugreport.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 354
Nelson,

1. Yes, m3u stores texts in ANSI encoding which doesn't support international characters. To get rid of this problem use .m3u8 playlists.

2. Thank you for reporting this bug.

Thank you!, Pressing save as, the list still had the extension. m3u.
The solution was to copy all tracks to a new tab and now I keep on. m3u8 :)

nelson c said:
Thank you!, Pressing save as, the list still had the extension. m3u.
It offers you to save the playlist in the same format as it was.

nelson c said:
The solution was to copy all tracks to a new tab and now I keep on. m3u8 :)
There's much easier way to do it - change the file type using combo box in the Save window :)

Attachments

• 4-7-2013.png
    4-7-2013.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 523
Regarding the start time calculation that discussed before:
Internet browsing today I saw a program announcing perfect accuracy on the calculation of the songs start, so I did a search:
Apparently this is achieved by storing in a database should cut points where the silences, for each track.
So the process is performed only when importing tracks.

Maybe it's a good idea to implement this in radioboss, the only problem with this would be when introducing songs that are not in the database.

Nelson,
In RadioBOSS you don't do track import as such - a track can be dragged from any folder to the playlist and played right away :) And that has both good and bad sides...

Even if song is in the database, it should be re-scanned in case you adjust Threshold for Gap Killer or changed "Trigger Mix at" setting. It's becoming even more complicated if you use voice tracks, then the playlist duration will depend on intro/outro settings for tracks. Any scheduler event inserted in the playlist (or an overlay event started with "Pause playlist playback" option) will make all calculations useless... this list is endless :)

The question is if we need 100% accurate start time calculation at all?
If something needs to be started at the exact time - it's way easier to use scheduler for this.

RadioBOSS 4.9.0.3 beta

- Added item spacing setting for playlist (Settings->View)
- An artwork file can be generated (Settings->Reports->Generate artwork file). The file is generated as PNG image and large images are resized to 350x350px to reduce file size. If "FTP" option is enabled, artwork will be uploaded there
- Added a setting to change voice track folder (Settings->General)
- Added keyboard shortcuts for voice track recorder
- Updated Bulgarian translation
- FLAC broadcasting is now possible when using built-in server
- Improved MP3 encoding quality
- 12/24 clock format option removed - now it uses system format to display dates and times
- New option added "Force 24h clock" to ignore system format and use 24-hour clock instead
- Track Information panel UI improvements
- Web Browser tabs preserve last visited web site address
- Playlist Generator Pro: ability to set total playlist duration in days
- Fixed Playlist->Add command->Add all tracks from folder command
- Fixed "load" command when loading scheduler lists (.sdl) files
- Fixed: line input playback stopped when Settings window was closed
- Fixed: DTMF delay setting was actually changed only after program restart
- Fixed incorrect bitrate display for WAV files
- Fixed "Move under current track" feature
- Fixed "Year" field bug when changing mp3 tags
- Fixed several minor bugs

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.9.0.3_beta.exe

djsoft said:
Nelson,
In RadioBOSS you don't do track import as such - a track can be dragged from any folder to the playlist and played right away :) And that has both good and bad sides...

Even if song is in the database, it should be re-scanned in case you adjust Threshold for Gap Killer or changed "Trigger Mix at" setting. It's becoming even more complicated if you use voice tracks, then the playlist duration will depend on intro/outro settings for tracks. Any scheduler event inserted in the playlist (or an overlay event started with "Pause playlist playback" option) will make all calculations useless... this list is endless :)

The question is if we need 100% accurate start time calculation at all?
If something needs to be started at the exact time - it's way easier to use scheduler for this.

If we do not need 100% accuracy :), plus I'm realizing that it is much more complex than it seems. :(

The usefulness of this after all, the announcer may have a better organization, and currently works pretty well :), so in my case is not a priority.

moh001 said:
Any News about the Part Of Seconds Issue ?? ?? ?? ??
Miliseconds are very important for a radio station with a schedule at seconds.

Thanks for "- Playlist Generator Pro: ability to set total playlist duration in days".
- Track Information panel UI improvements - indeed looks pro now.

I'll make some teste tomorrow  ;)

really ?? i almost forgot that .. :)

and you must forget me , review this http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3313.0.html

Dmitry:
I found another little bug (RB 4.9): when mouse down the list where is the path of a file, it always shows the route of the second song in the list.

Attachments

• small bug.png
    small bug.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 499
Not sure if this was ask for already. However is it possible to show the main led levels of the final output regardless of where in the program you go. So as to know the levels that's leaving RadioBoss. As seen in the eq section?

pety said:
Milliseconds can be used to increase accuracy when calculating total playlist length and start time.

Nelson,
Thank you for reporting this.

Dave,
You're welcome :)

Action Radio 95.1,
This is not possible yet - probably will be in the future versions, but not in 4.9. The green On Air spectrum is always visible, you'll notice if level is extremely high or there is a silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back