RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
pety said:
Miliseconds are very important for a radio station with a schedule at seconds.
Milliseconds can be used to increase accuracy when calculating total playlist length and start time.
That's exactly what I think it is  :)

Milliseconds can be used to increase accuracy when calculating total playlist length and start time.

ha ! now everyone forgets me and tells how important this is ?! , so, what have you done with the parts of seconds issue i reported month ago ??

I don't understand...

dear Pety , you engaged in that thread [ http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3313.0.html ] , thats why i wondered how you forget this ..

i was reporting that RB doesnt put Milliseconds in its final calculation , and how that decreases the time accuracy ..

moh001 said:
ha ! now everyone forgets me and tells how important this is ?! , so, what have you done with the parts of seconds issue i reported month ago ??
I just told pety why adding milliseconds can be useful. I remember you originally reported up this issue.
It will take milliseconds into account in one of the upcoming beta version updates. Please be patient.

PS I modified posts to remove big red letters.

so we tried the beta on a test production system and tried configuring the line in. however it doesn't work at all when using waspi. only direct sound seem to work only. please look in this when you get the chance to.

keep up the great work.

Line and line2 using WASAPI works fine here... Please post a printscreen of your setup. Are there any error messages in the report?

UPDATE
Actually it looks like Line.In doesn't work when you have the same input device selected for other input eg. MIC or Line2.

Hello Dmitry:
I'm putting together a small program that inserts shoutcast addresses to the list, according to the bandwidth of the Internet connection to use this API RB 4.9.
I have a drawback RadioBOSS side as solving not:

When the Internet connection is down, you should add a folder with music.
Then there using the command "ClearList" empty the list and insert "getrandomplaylist D: \ **. Command".
the problem is when I do clearlist: After finishing the current track stops reproduction in radioboss.

Any idea? thanks

nelson c
A new API command will be added to set the next track.
Like this:
clearlist
getrandomplaylist ...
setnexttrack 1

RadioBOSS 4.9.0.4

Changes:
- Playlist Generator Pro can store the last position in the source when selecting "In Order" - this allows to take subsequent tracks each time playlist is generated
- Playlist Generator Pro: added no-repeat rule for album
- Added new API command: setnexttrack
- Improved TrackList feature
- Added a feature to remove silence for cart wall items (Settings->Playback->Fading->Cart wall->Remove silence)
- New scheduler command: adsupdate - update playlists and events from Adverticement Scheduler
- URL playback is now possible when using Overlay Playback in scheduler
- AAC+ broadcasting: added low bitrate profiles (8, 12 and 16 kbps), improved quality on bitrates under 56 kbps
- Improvements in integrated broadcast server
- Fixed video playback problems for some MKV files
- Fixed: program crashed when changing tags for some mp3 files
- Music Library: several bugs fixed
- Prelisten player: "go to the next track after a set period of time" feature added

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.9.0.4_beta.exe

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 4.9.0.4

Changes:
- Playlist Generator Pro can store the last position in the source when selecting "In Order" - this allows to take subsequent tracks each time playlist is generated

some nice looking features here  :)

"in order" - can you explain a little further ?

dave-t said:
djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 4.9.0.4

Changes:

some nice looking features here  :)

"in order" - can you explain a little further ?

I also need information on how this works

Thank you very much for the bugs fixed, and the addition of setnexttrack!. :)
A comment on this: In the previous post you said that this is activated by the command "setnexttrack 1".
But for it to work I had to use only "setnexttrack"
In my case I use the same, but maybe another user to cause confusion.

Another error in list in simultaneous playback pause: after ending the player side execution is paused.

I would also like to remind some old requests:
-To use the macros-day?? month? year?? in playlist generator pro.
-possible edit-mix points of the song being played by Sigue Editor.

nelson c, dave-t
The feature was asked in those topics:
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3025.0.html
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3247.0.html

In short, when track selection for category is "In order" (instead of Random), it takes tracks from beginning of the source (1st track, 2nd track and so on). Each time playlist is generated, it started from the first track in the source. Now it can "remember" the position in the track source and start taking tracks from that position... I'm not sure if this explanation is any good, but it's better than nothing I guess :)

nelson c said:
A comment on this: In the previous post you said that this is activated by the command "setnexttrack 1".
But for it to work I had to use only "setnexttrack"
This command is described in the first post... Discard anything I said before about this command :)

nelson c said:
Another error in list in simultaneous playback pause: after ending the player side execution is paused.
Can you please give more details on this?

nelson c said:
I would also like to remind some old requests:
-To use the macros-day?? month? year?? in playlist generator pro.
-possible edit-mix points of the song being played by Sigue Editor.
Those are still in the queue... but I don't know ETA for those features.

In short, when track selection for category is "In order" (instead of Random), it takes tracks from beginning of the source (1st track, 2nd track and so on). Each time playlist is generated, it started from the first track in the source. Now it can "remember" the position in the track source and start taking tracks from that position... I'm not sure if this explanation is any good, but it's better than nothing I guess

A bit better! - I suppose this depends on how the data is stored in the music library? I think it saves it in the order that it is currently displayed on the screen ?

URL playback is now possible when using Overlay Playback in scheduler

this is not working properly. If a track is currently playing the volume is not reduced. when the next track starts it is played at a reduced level. It also exist this process very abruptly. when the overlay track finishes the playlist track suddenly goes to full volume - a fade up would be much nicer  ;)

dave-t said:
A bit better! - I suppose this depends on how the data is stored in the music library? I think it saves it in the order that it is currently displayed on the screen ?
Yes.

dave-t said:
this is not working properly. If a track is currently playing the volume is not reduced. when the next track starts it is played at a reduced level. It also exist this process very abruptly. when the overlay track finishes the playlist track suddenly goes to full volume - a fade up would be much nicer  ;)
OK, this will be fixed.

URL playback is now possible when using Overlay Playback in scheduler

[/quote]

to explain a little further. The main playlist will have a news intro then a "bed" the new feed will be played as the overlay. as the "bed" starts a few second before the news feed, it needs to fade to the pre-set level (gracefully) then when the news feed finishes the last few second of the bed needs to (gracefully) fade up to full volume before the news outro kicks in as the next track.

Sorry, I forgot to thank you for implementing this in this release  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back