RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search explorer crashed RB

Attachments

• search_module_explorer.jpg
    search_module_explorer.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 741
Search module in RB explorer is useless. It doesn't make search in folders. RB is not more simple, it becomes simplist (juvenil). I am very sad about the way in wich RB goes. Very very sad.

You destroyed TAG Editor, after so much improvements to it (there were our requests after our needs). Nobody in that world do that.

How can you destroy what you work to do? Look there: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,2794.msg8122.html#msg8122 (read all posts)

If nothing change we will stay with 4.8 for good. I will not recommend RB4.9 to our Radio Stations. If all our requests are destroyed in time our expectations will be zero. Everything became relative in RB. That's stupid. Who want a soft wich is transformed over night in something strange. No way.

Dmitry, please read that, re-read it and try to understand the real situation. If you have a nice car - BMW - and I transform it in an old Lada would you like it? Maybe yes, but I wouldnt.

dave-t said:
If you recall I stripped all tags except ID3V2.4 - looks like it stripped the replay gain in the process - Ok lets re "normalise" 40,000 tracks  :'(
Yes, I also remember I told you that it's not necessary :) Good thing is that normalization can be done automatically. You can just leave your PC for couple of days doing the job.

dave-t said:
However, I have found one problem. Album artwork with a PNG origin is not being displayed
I don't think it's PNG issue because we tested it with all possible album art formats. Please send a track for which it can not read artwork to support@djsoft.net

nelson c said:
Yes I know, but what I mean functional commands that bad.
I get the feeling that they are a back issue (for example -2 which should make -1)
Ah, OK. Sorry I missed that. This will be fixed in the next update.

dave-t said:
As previously discussed I have a serious sight problem - I have been reading and writing braille for 40 years  ;)  When you say small red dot - I believe you  :D
Maybe select the "current" schedule with bold font. The same as currently playing track is marked in the Playlist.
Changing colors is not a good approach... People will start reporting "bugs" like "I selected Red background color and White font but when task started its color changed, please fix ASAP!" :)

pety said:
Search explorer crashed RB
When this happens next time please click "Details" and then "Send bug report".

pety said:
Search module in RB explorer is useless. It doesn't make search in folders.
Search in explorer searches only items which are open, it doesn't do full disk search. It will just help you to locate a file in the folder.

pety said:
RB is not more simple, it becomes simplist (juvenil). I am very sad about the way in wich RB goes. Very very sad.
Nothing was removed (except for a small "filename" feature which will be brought back). Everything else either unchanged or improved. I don't understand all those complains.
UI should evolve. Now screens are bigger and there's no need to hide tag editor in the tabs, making users constantly switch between them.
Every UI change some people complain (at first)... If we've listened to them, the UI will stay as it was in the first version back in 2003 :) See attach.

pety said:
You destroyed TAG Editor, after so much improvements to it (there were our requests after our needs).
Nobody in that world do that.
Is there anything else besides "Filename" field that was "destroyed"?

pety said:
If you have a nice car - BMW - and I transform it in an old Lada would you like it? Maybe yes, but I wouldnt.
You can buy a new BMW and some features which were in your older BWM could be removed.

Attachments

• 3-16-2013 11-59-01 AM.png
    3-16-2013 11-59-01 AM.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 721
Hi!

Love the new encoder inputs, its great and works perfect :)

Is also a status indicator and a volume indicator provided on the main window???
Now you have a little bit control about external signals?

Will now test more :)
THANK YOU!

djsoft said:
dave-t said:
If you recall I stripped all tags except ID3V2.4 - looks like it stripped the replay gain in the process - Ok lets re "normalise" 40,000 tracks  :'(
Yes, I also remember I told you that it's not necessary :) Good thing is that normalization can be done automatically. You can just leave your PC for couple of days doing the job.

Think you told me AFTER I had  done it  :D As you say it is an automated proces so no problem  :)

djsoft said:
dave-t said:
However, I have found one problem. Album artwork with a PNG origin is not being displayed
I don't think it's PNG issue because we tested it with all possible album art formats. Please send a track for which it can not read artwork to support@djsoft.net

See attachment. In actual fact no artwork is being displayed - just a gray box ? On my Win 7 box (production) nothing happens if I click on the gray image. On my win 8 machine (playout) if I click on the box the artwork pops up - the wrong artwork as it happens !

djsoft said:
Maybe select the "current" schedule with bold font. The same as currently playing track is marked in the Playlist.
Changing colors is not a good approach... People will start reporting "bugs" like "I selected Red background color and White font but when task started its color changed, please fix ASAP!" :)

Yep I understand the dilemma here. I have set background colors for certain schedules which I really like. I can see the highlighted color and it means something to me - just find int difficult to find the "current" playlist because the highlight simply is not visible - to me.

Having the "current" schedule as bold may be OK. don't worry about it too much - a couple of release ago it wasn;t there at all and I still like RB then  ;) ;)

The new crossfading seem to work really well  8) like it

Attachments

• RB-Capture.PNG
    RB-Capture.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 717
Dave, I modified your post to fix QUOTE tags.

It displays Gray box when there's no artwork present in the tags (or it can not read it). If you have tracks with artwork embedded but RB doesn't read it, please send those tracks to support@djsoft.net

When artwork present you can click on a box to see it in a full size.

Having the "current" schedule as bold may be OK.
OK then :) One of the next updates will mark current event with bold.

The new crossfading seem to work really well  like it
Very good :) Do you use the default threshold value (-14dB) or changed it to something else?

lukass2000 said:
Love the new encoder inputs, its great and works perfect :)
Great :) Let me know if you have any suggestions regarding this feature.

lukass2000 said:
Is also a status indicator and a volume indicator provided on the main window???
Now you have a little bit control about external signals?
Volume control/indicator is located under the playlist. Or did you mean something else?
About external signal control, I'm afraid I didn't understand this part...

Dave, I modified your post to fix QUOTE tags.

thanks - quotes within quotes within quotes - I'm getting old, I can't cope with technology any more  ::) also gety lazy and could not be bothered to fix it !!!!!

It displays Gray box when there's no artwork present in the tags (or it can not read it). If you have tracks with artwork embedded but RB doesn't read it, please send those tracks to support@djsoft.net

When artwork present you can click on a box to see it in a full size.

I realised what it was supposed to do but is simply is not doing it!

Having the "current" schedule as bold may be OK.
OK then  One of the next updates will mark current event with bold.

Ok I will settle for this compromise - will try again when we beta V5  ;D

The new crossfading seem to work really well  like it
Very good  Do you use the default threshold value (-14dB) or changed it to something else?

Currently, it is set to the defaults but it is likely to be changed - bit by bit - until I get it right. tracks that suddenly followed by tracks with no apparent intro can be tricky. I doubt that we will ever get a perfect setting but will keep tweaking.

currently listening to a load of 1950s "Rockin' Girls" which tend to have no fade or fade out and that is not working too well so I may drop the DB down to -18 to see if that improves things. if you are up and about tune in to hear it  ;)

Crossfade

Dmitry - can you provide some more info on the crossfading?

If I un-check the mix point (Secs) does it purely work on the db level ?

nelson c said:
Yes I know, but what I mean functional commands that bad.
I get the feeling that they are a back issue (for example -2 which should make -1)
Ah, OK. Sorry I missed that. This will be fixed in the next update.
This error also there are other things that do not work in the API.
No command works eg:
http://localhost:9000/?pass=1234&command=next (shows "nothing to do")

There is also a very important mistake when inserting a hint: when you want to insert after the current song, is inserted into the previous track (so the longer you reproduced).

Error ADS Scheduler:
Tildes are deleted: eg select another file and see that the tildes of the previous trade are lost.

Another thing about API: It would be nice in the XML besides the current song and the show also follows the previous song?

I like pety, also need the function to select and copy, but I'm very happy with the new Interfas of ID3 editor.
Only the panel where he looks very empty, will you add new things there?, If not, maybe would be good to incorporate a description text for each tab.

Another thing I would improve is the disposition of size in ID3 editor, when the screen is bigger but size should be available to show more characters in the editor (see screenshot)

I really liked the idea of ??having two inputs Line-in, but gives sensacnon the latter is limited to be an entry for the webcast.
Would be nice to selecting desired input which when inserted in the list and the scheduler

I would also like to see "Balance, Frequency, Rhythm, Tone and reverb effects" as a dsp, I think this program is to removed

From the microphone, is incorporated in RB 4.9 A unique panel dsp?, Besides this compressor was removed (I used it in the microphone and very useful), I would like to see both the microphone, to the main output.

I would also like to use makelibrary from api

despite these things that were removed from RB (I'd like to re-enter), I really like the new version, there are several very useful and practical things that have been implemented.
Thanks for your great work

Attachments

• Id3.png
    Id3.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 589
dave-t said:

Unchecking Mix point will disable mixing completely.
Turning "Trigger mix point" on and off controls if you want to mix based on time or on level.

nelson c said:
http://localhost:9000/?pass=1234&command=next (shows "nothing to do")
There was an error in the examples, parameter actually called cmd, not command.
So it should be
http://localhost:9000/?pass=1234&cmd=next

nelson c said:
Another thing about API: It would be nice in the XML besides the current song and the show also follows the previous song?
Maybe this will be added too.

nelson c said:
I like pety, also need the function to select and copy, but I'm very happy with the new Interfas of ID3 editor.
Only the panel where he looks very empty, will you add new things there?, If not, maybe would be good to incorporate a description text for each tab.

Another thing I would improve is the disposition of size in ID3 editor, when the screen is bigger but size should be available to show more characters in the editor (see screenshot)
Yes, it will be improved to use more screen space.

nelson c said:
I really liked the idea of ??having two inputs Line-in, but gives sensacnon the latter is limited to be an entry for the webcast.
Would be nice to selecting desired input which when inserted in the list and the scheduler
If you have device assigned for Line2.IN a new item in the Playlist menu will appear: Add Line2.IN.

nelson c said:
I would also like to see "Balance, Frequency, Rhythm, Tone and reverb effects" as a dsp, I think this program is to removed
Yes, those are currently removed. Maybe will be returned, currently we'll collect feedback. Same for Compressor.

nelson c said:
I would also like to use makelibrary from api
It is possible using the "cmd=" syntax.

oh how disappointed ! milliseconds issue hasnt got fixed ! and you said to me it would be fixed in the next beta version and i counted on your words as an idiot , how come you lie  :mad: , that's really bad  :mad:

here are your words

Thanks for such a detailed explanation. I think there's actually a bug - it will be fixed in the next update.

This is on the list

i should've listened to " Pety " when she said
  Dear moh001, you will be  dissapointed
:mad:

moh001,
I don't know what to say... This is a beta version and it is the first release with lots of changes - you can see it in the first post.
It is not possible to immediately implement everything people ask for.

how come you lie  , that's really bad
Your request is in the queue and will be implemented in one of the future updates. I don't know why are you "disappointed" - you asked for a feature 4 days ago. How many companies in the world implement requests in 4 days or less? Share their names with us.

djsoft said:
dave-t said:

Unchecking Mix point will disable mixing completely.
Turning "Trigger mix point" on and off controls if you want to mix based on time or on level.

My current settings are

Fade in 1.0
Trigger mix -30db
fade out 1.5

Hi Dmitry,

I see you have been very busy!  ;)

Time to install the new beta and read closer the new changes..

I'm working on another project but should be finished later in the week, so will be a few day to get up to speed..

Casey

Just loaded a playlist so that I can have a listen before it plays out later today.

I have noticed something strange. Crossfading seem not to work with long silence at the end of a track or suddenly just cutting

Looking at the tracks with Track tool I can see that all the tracks have the same start and end point although none are "set"

If I manually set them - everything is ok ??

Not seen this before ?

Attachments

• RB-Capture-2.PNG
    RB-Capture-2.PNG
    73 KB · Views: 603
POSSIBLY connected with the above there IS an issue with the music library

Crossfading is currenly working fine on the playout machine but NOT on the production machine and I have been scratching my head for the last hour about this.

then it clicked

The music playing on the playout machine is from an existing un-modified database

The playlist I am playing on the "production" PC - the one with crossfading problems - is from a database created some weeks ago but had tracks added to it today.

I decided the delete the database and re-create it.

Following the initial scan I noticed that not all field were being populated properly - see first image - and a lot had no albums, year etc.

Hitting edit/update tags fixed this  ???  so the initial scan is NOT reading the tags correctly and requires a second scan to complete it properly - see second image

After creating a new playlist from the new database crossfading seems to work ALTHOUGH it is still failing to cope with extremly quiet intros and outros unless I manually mark these which is not practical

Attachments

• RB-Capture-3B.PNG
    RB-Capture-3B.PNG
    28.5 KB · Views: 605
  • RB-Capture-3A.PNG
    RB-Capture-3A.PNG
    30.7 KB · Views: 575
dave-t said:
Just loaded a playlist so that I can have a listen before it plays out later today.

I have noticed something strange. Crossfading seem not to work with long silence at the end of a track or suddenly just cutting

Looking at the tracks with Track tool I can see that all the tracks have the same start and end point although none are "set"

If I manually set them - everything is ok ??

Not seen this before ?
SAME THING FOR ME!

Hello
COVER ART OF THE FLAC FILE ARE NOT SHOW IN THE PLAYER !
THERE IS SOMETHING STRANGE IN WITH CROSSFADE 'TRIGGER MIX' SONGS TO CUT BEFORE THE END
Sorry for my bad english ;D
Thanks for you good job !

Hi Dmitry.

Thank you for all your work on this new version. There is much to test out and learn.

I seem to have a small issue with the font on the play out screen. I prefer to have a fairly large font size, but when I choose it, the playlist text becomes very 'congested.' In effect, I think it is trying to fit 18 font into a 12 font line.

Screen shot attached.

Is there a way I can adjust this, or is this a bug?

Thank you for your help.

James

Attachments

• Radio_Boss_4.9_Screen.png
    Radio_Boss_4.9_Screen.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 605
Done some more testing and have found the following

It definitely takes 2 scans to read files data correctly

I have also noticed that even after 2 scans what is appearing in the Music Library Applications does not match what mp3tag V2.54 is seeing

See the 2 images A & B that show significant differences in the "comment" field - crucial for plalist generation.

When i tried to re-write the tags in Music Library it wouldn't and came up with an error - see image C

Attachments

• RB-Capture-4A.PNG
    RB-Capture-4A.PNG
    30.1 KB · Views: 580
  • RB-Capture-4B.PNG
    RB-Capture-4B.PNG
    64.4 KB · Views: 555
  • RB-Capture-4C.PNG
    RB-Capture-4C.PNG
    75.3 KB · Views: 596
Status
Not open for further replies.