RadioBOSS 5.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nelson c said:
ok, I understand. I have a little over 104,000 files.
anyway the problem is in the use of RAM, not cpu usage (remains around 5% while running the creation of the xml).
I'll see what I can do about it. The RAM nowadays is cheap, and it uses a lot of RAM only for a small amount of time (while building a library) - so it's not a big priority. But as I said I'll try to do something about it.

nelson c said:
Thanks for the new version, the last reported bugs seem to be fixed.
Here a report.
was changing tracks on an auxiliary player when this error occurred.
Not all bugs you've reported are fixed, I think all of them will be fixed by RB 5.0.0.3. Thanks for reports. This helps to make high quality software.

Just wanted to add my feedback as I promised.  My RB has locked up on me a few times upon starting; I think it's MY FAULT, but just wanted to report it.  It happens maybe 1/10 times, and I'm never in a rush to get on air so it isn't a problem.  It seems to still happen, but happen less, when I run RB in compatibility mode for Xp XP3.  I have Win 7 64 bit laptop right now, pretty cheap POS but functional enough.  Used SAM for a while before RB, tinkered with most of the other trial versions before settling on RB; amazing interface, great for those broadcasting live that want call ins.

Also, I had some static issues while trying to use Stereo Tool.  That may also be my fault; I don't know.  I use VAC and I try to set buffers and delays high to rule out that as a cause of static or popping.  My upload speed on speednet tops out around 550 Kbps which should be well enough to handle my AACplus 96Kbps or mp3 128Kbps upstreams.  I notice it more when I have phone callers; they crack/pop more so it does seem to either relate to VAC (or VAC settings) or possibly my system just being outdated, but I know you want feedback so I'm sharing all I know.  I do wish there was an option to load more sound effects in the carts, like maybe 40 per page, and would like volume control and other controls if possible on each "deck," but I'm not complaining.  Right now, it works, and it's what I'm going to use and promote from here on out. 

Hello Dmitry,
If you can add time or sample lenght indication in Segue Editor (crossfade editor).
I continue to think it's important to have an alarm window or a flashing button in RadioBoss  if the stream connection is down.i think it's more easy to monitor a web broadcasting by a visual indication like a circle or other form with two color indications.the button turn to  green for connected and to a flashing red color for broken connection.

Hello, another report:
Send custom titles to the server, does not work in the txt, only stream.

There are plans for new features in this beta RB 5.0?
for example the feature to send email to errors, or cutting silence on the player simultaneous was implemented in RB 5.0?

PS: Very pleased with the inclusion of OPUS, the sound really is fantastic  :D

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 542
wutzthedeal said:
Just wanted to add my feedback as I promised.  My RB has locked up on me a few times upon starting; I think it's MY FAULT, but just wanted to report it. 
Interesting. Were there any error messages? Also why do you think it's your fault, could you please give more details on it? Please click Settings->Open Settings Folder, if there are any bugreport_*.txt files, please send them to support@djsoft.net - we'll try to fix the problem.

wutzthedeal said:
It happens maybe 1/10 times, and I'm never in a rush to get on air so it isn't a problem.  It seems to still happen, but happen less, when I run RB in compatibility mode for Xp XP3.  I have Win 7 64 bit laptop right now, pretty cheap POS but functional enough.  Used SAM for a while before RB, tinkered with most of the other trial versions before settling on RB; amazing interface, great for those broadcasting live that want call ins.
Thanks for the good words about RB! Why do you run it in XP compatibility mode by the way? It will work better and more stable if you run it without any compatibility options...

wutzthedeal said:
Also, I had some static issues while trying to use Stereo Tool.  That may also be my fault; I don't know.  I use VAC and I try to set buffers and delays high to rule out that as a cause of static or popping.  My upload speed on speednet tops out around 550 Kbps which should be well enough to handle my AACplus 96Kbps or mp3 128Kbps upstreams.  I notice it more when I have phone callers; they crack/pop more so it does seem to either relate to VAC (or VAC settings) or possibly my system just being outdated
From the symptoms it does look like that computer is overloaded and can't fill the audio buffers fast enough...

wutzthedeal said:
I do wish there was an option to load more sound effects in the carts, like maybe 40 per page, and would like volume control and other controls if possible on each "deck," but I'm not complaining.  Right now, it works, and it's what I'm going to use and promote from here on out. 
You can consider using AUX players if you need more items in the card wall (a settings to change the number of button for cart wall will be added in one of the next updates).

samdz said:
If you can add time or sample lenght indication in Segue Editor (crossfade editor).
This is planned for future versions.

samdz said:
I continue to think it's important to have an alarm window or a flashing button in RadioBoss  if the stream connection is down.i think it's more easy to monitor a web broadcasting by a visual indication like a circle or other form with two color indications.the button turn to  green for connected and to a flashing red color for broken connection.
When it disconnects, you'll see a red entry in the log like "Output 1 - Server connection closed" (and it will reconnect automatically in a few seconds).
Probably in the future versions the ON AIR indicator will show if server connection is actually established.

nelson c said:
Hello, another report:
Send custom titles to the server, does not work in the txt, only stream.
Yes, the title setting in the Broadcast tab is for encoders only.
For .txt is uses the playlist title setting from the View tab.

nelson c said:
There are plans for new features in this beta RB 5.0?
for example the feature to send email to errors, or cutting silence on the player simultaneous was implemented in RB 5.0?
Yes, more features will be included. Email error notification and bed for file types will be for sure.

may also affect the txt.
in my case I use RadioCaster on another networked pc and this feature would be very pleased.

...More functions
great that these things are implemented

Hi, as promised I would like to start giving my small contribution to the development of Version 5 of RadioBOSS.
1 - Ads scheduler must have an intro and Austro-separator separator example intro-outro. The result should be created separately in a separate programming and not in the normale.Evitiamo have one  long list and mix with normal Programs.
2 - If you are interested in the translation into Italian of the Parties Event still in English let me know that I write a post.
All for now. :D

nelson c said:
may also affect the txt.
in my case I use RadioCaster on another networked pc and this feature would be very pleased.
You can change the title in .txt file from Settings->View->Title format.

Bensisko said:
Hi, as promised I would like to start giving my small contribution to the development of Version 5 of RadioBOSS.
1 - Ads scheduler must have an intro and Austro-separator separator example intro-outro. The result should be created separately in a separate programming and not in the normale.Evitiamo have one  long list and mix with normal Programs.
Ads scheduler already has intro/outro features, you can set them in Settings.

Bensisko said:
2 - If you are interested in the translation into Italian of the Parties Event still in English let me know that I write a post.
Yes, soon language files will be updated and Italian translation would be great.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
may also affect the txt.
You can change the title in .txt file from Settings->View->Title format.
yes but does not work with file types, I q text is sent to the coders, and the txt, it should be the same.

nelson c said:
yes but does not work with file types, I q text is sent to the coders, and the txt, it should be the same.
Yes, you're right. A setting will be added to control this behavior.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Yes, you're right. A setting will be added to control this behavior.
perfect, it will be great!  :D

Lack of transparency in the volume control auxiliary players (see screenshot one)

in command of the APi PlaybackInfo let me know if you can include the following:
-Time intro to the song on the list, which is playing (it is necessary to highlight in a list, please see the picture).
-Intro-point of the current song: it is very useful for the speaker.

An example of the code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Info>

<CurrentTrack>
<TRACK ARTIST="L.A.O.S." TITLE="Fire On Water" ALBUM="UKF Drum &amp; Bass 2010 (UKF002DD)" YEAR="2010" GENRE="Drum &amp; Bass" COMMENT="ChitaDrita collection" FILENAME="D:
\disko\drum n bass\LAOS - Fire On Water.mp3" DURATION="05:33" PLAYCOUNT="41" />
</CurrentTrack>

<NextTrack>
<TRACK ARTIST="Fracture Design" TITLE="The Lights Within Her Eyes (Nelver Remix)" ALBUM="Liquid D&amp;B Essentials 2011 Vol.1" YEAR="2011" GENRE="Drum &amp; Bass" COMMENT=""
FILENAME="D:\disko\drum n bass\01-fracture_design-the_lights_within_her_eyes_(nelver_remix).flac"
DURATION="07:54" PLAYCOUNT="17"/>

</NextTrack>
<Playback pos="74518" len="333264" state="play" Song_Number_List="7"   INTRO "2568"/>
</Info>

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 594
  • Locu_Web.png
    Locu_Web.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 590
Finally D/Ling 5.0.0.2 to replace 5.0, will let you know results.  Have had issues lately connecting with tube.us-east.spreaker.com and tube.spreaker.com at either port 80 or 443.  Icecast v2.

nelson c said:
Lack of transparency in the volume control auxiliary players (see screenshot one)

in command of the APi PlaybackInfo let me know if you can include the following:
-Time intro to the song on the list, which is playing (it is necessary to highlight in a list, please see the picture).
Thanks for a bug report.
The Intro information will also be included in the playback info.

wutzthedeal said:
Finally D/Ling 5.0.0.2 to replace 5.0, will let you know results.  Have had issues lately connecting with tube.us-east.spreaker.com and tube.spreaker.com at either port 80 or 443.  Icecast v2.
Port 80 is commonly used for HTTP and port 443 is usually for HTTPS - ae you sure they run Icecast servers on those ports? If so, what error message there was when you tried to connect to those servers?

djsoft said:
nelson c said:

Thanks for a bug report.
The Intro information will also be included in the playback info.

This truly will be great!, I think there was a translation error and one of the requests he understood not:
In my application there is a remote control of reproduction in list.
I have in mind the idea of ??showing in "Bold" line of the song that is in the air. (similarly makes RadioBOSS).
The problem is that with the current command is impossible to know what the track number(from the list) is in the air.
This also should include the command above.

One option would be to go all the listview, looking for a match of the name of the current track with row analyzed, but there is a possibility that this song twice or more on the list, so this would be useless

nelson c said:
This truly will be great!, I think there was a translation error and one of the requests he understood not:
I have in mind the idea of ??showing in "Bold" line of the song that is in the air. (similarly makes RadioBOSS).
The problem is that with the current command is impossible to know what the track number(from the list) is in the air.
This is also on the list - will be implemented soon :) As well as a command to get the playlist contents.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
This is also on the list - will be implemented soon :) As well as a command to get the playlist contents.
Great this is brilliant, I doubt there is another soft development company that has radio so present the opinion of users like you!.
Besides the great support and continuous improvement of the software.
never change :D

PS: I think you missed a step you already implemented a command to get the contents of the playlist, and I have to say it works great! (called trackinfo), or is it another feature?

wutzthedeal said:
Port 80 is commonly used for HTTP and port 443 is usually for HTTPS - ae you sure they run Icecast servers on those ports? If so, what error message there was when you tried to connect to those servers?
[/quote]

For whatever reason, I could not connect at all after installing 5.0.0.2 over (I assume) 5.0.0.0.  I tried several encoders, double checked all settings, and was able to connect fine with SAM.  So, after uninstall of 0.0 and install of 0.2, things are functional again.  Only gripe is that it takes me a long time to set up my carts the way I want them and I wish they were saved in the playlists or whatever or profile after an uninstall/re-install--any solution on that or am I missing something?  Output sounds great even if you are only using compressor and equalizer which is basically all I need for a talk show.  I prefer setting my input (mic, actually VAC line 1) equalizer up AND the output equalizer to get some wider voice depth, but just run the (occasional) music through the one eq, with autoamp and compression defaults.  Also, continuing to promote the software on my show page (www.facebook.com/TruthOnTapShow)

I don't know if it was detected this bug.
See in image. Is it a bug ?

Attachments

• _GUI.jpg
    _GUI.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 576
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back