RadioBOSS 5.1 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pety said:
Great improvements.
Please, be kind and make NOTES without horizontal scrollbar  :-\
to open and save .txt in this tab would be great.

nelson said:
pety said:
Great improvements.
Indeed, that is my initial request and remain the same. I think NOTES is still in work.

pety said:
Great improvements.
Yes - it will be so in the next update.

WBGS-Founder said:
Whats changed in this?
Several bugs fixed, minor improvements.

klinsoft said:
Also there is some display bug on upper left side .
It`s not affected by the language of the program  and have some space issues
Thanks for reporting!

WBGS-Founder said:
Oh so its just you then I thought I could get same error hmm a font should not do that unless you over right the default font Radio Boss uses in this case, you must have, but it would be wise to load all Radio Boss fonts and stuff from the program folder not windows itself as your issue you showed is one of many that can happen.
The issue with date display is because different languages have different names for week days and different date formats. RadioBOSS will do something to fix that (e.g. shorten week day names or reduce fonts).

nelson c said:
I need some information on how this works. and what are the appropriate values

Thanks
Ok, 40 is the maximum value? Can enter or 80, for example if you wish to repeat even more tracks with a group of high priority? Does this work?

djsoft said:
nelson said:
This will be added in the next update.

nelson c said:
Dmitry, a bug: mix point to "file types" does nothing.
Can you please give more information on this?
I have seen that a function has been introduced to establish a point determined mix file types.
I tried even 5 seconds of mixing and jingles that file type do not mix at all.

Attachments

• mix bug.png
    mix bug.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 588
nelson c said:
Ok, 40 is the maximum value? Can enter or 80, for example if you wish to repeat even more tracks with a group of high priority? Does this work?
It's explained in the first post: the base value if 50. Minimum is 0, maximum is 100. If you set it to be "80", it'll give you 130 (50+80, if there are no other rules defined) and 130 will be capped to 100.

nelson c said:
I have seen that a function has been introduced to establish a point determined mix file types.
The new feature there is "Fade In" for file types. Mix was always there. If you don't see the track mixing, probably you have set another MIX point in the Track Tool (Track Tool setting has the preference).

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
It's explained in the first post: the base value if 50. Minimum is 0, maximum is 100. If you set it to be "80", it'll give you 130 (50+80, if there are no other rules defined) and 130 will be capped to 100.

nelson c said:
The new feature there is "Fade In" for file types. Mix was always there. If you don't see the track mixing, probably you have set another MIX point in the Track Tool (Track Tool setting has the preference).
ok, thanks for the explanation!

Regarding the mixture to the file types there is a bug.

I did not know it was already there, but there is certainly a bug. tracktool with no mixing.
attached a file for you to try.

Another thing: now that RadioBOSS analyzes points mix and fadeout on the current track. would be interesting that when a track under the current track is inserted. whose file type have enabled the option "do not mix with this type of file", the crossfader of the track at the time this air is disable.

Attachments

• Music Carhue 19-11-08.mp3
    274 KB · Views: 925
nelson c said:
problem in notepad:
to change the font size or font nothing happens.
It's changed for selected text only. If nothing is selected, the font/size will not be changed.

nelson c said:
did not know it was already there, but there is certainly a bug. tracktool with no mixing.
attached a file for you to try.
The mixing works fine with your file here... Can you make a video? Also make sure you didn't set custom crossfade parameters with SegueEditor and also previous track in the playlist does not belong to a file type with the "Do not mix with other tracks" option turned on.

nelson c said:
Another thing: now that RadioBOSS analyzes points mix and fadeout on the current track. would be interesting that when a track under the current track is inserted. whose file type have enabled the option "do not mix with this type of file", the crossfader of the track at the time this air is disable.
Can you please explain it better? I'm afraid I didn't understand it because of translation problems...

If I see bold, underline and italic works well.
But when I select a text and pressed the combobox size or font, text is deselected and then nothing happens.

the problem was the option "not to mix short tracks" enabled. (I thought I turned it off when a file with an identifier) sorry.

the option "Do not mix With Other tracks" currently only works when the previous file type track, not even started to play.
For example:
1-This air a song.
2-Under manually insert a jingle, belonging to a file type that you have enabled "Do not mix With Other tracks".
3-A Despite this, as the file is already playing, the mixing. (and should not)

Before this was a problem because RadioBOSS, could not rescan mix points of the current track.
Now if you do (I've seen in Sigue Editor), so this should not be a problem.

I hope I was clear.

nelson c said:
If I see bold, underline and italic works well.
But when I select a text and pressed the combobox size or font, text is deselected and then nothing happens.
Looks like there's a bug - will be fixed in the next update.

nelson c said:
the option "Do not mix With Other tracks" currently only works when the previous file type track, not even started to play.
Yes, this is a known behavior, will be fixed in the future...

I'm working on the playlist scheduling using ratings. I think the use of 5 stars (to show a rating 1-10) is flawed.
It means a lot of width is used in my playlist display (as I have increased the font as suggested in the RadioBOSS tutorial videos). I was expecting a single digit in this field.

I have noticed that Playlist generator takes a lot longer than before. I think this is because it is doing a lot more checking on the filters before building the list. I have noticed that if a category is defined on the left panel, it is evaluated even if NOt used in the final playlist.
I had defined a set of categories which I was copying when creating new playlists, this clearly is no good in the latest version.

howebzar said:
I'm working on the playlist scheduling using ratings. I think the use of 5 stars (to show a rating 1-10) is flawed.
It means a lot of width is used in my playlist display (as I have increased the font as suggested in the RadioBOSS tutorial videos). I was expecting a single digit in this field.
While it uses more width, it's easier for eyes. We'll consider adding a setting to switch between numeric/star display if other users complain about it.

howebzar said:
I have noticed that Playlist generator takes a lot longer than before. I think this is because it is doing a lot more checking on the filters before building the list. I have noticed that if a category is defined on the left panel, it is evaluated even if NOt used in the final playlist.
If you have priority rules defined, then it'll take more time to process. This is inevitable and process is very optimized already, so I'm afraid there's nothing more we can do about it. According to tests here it's not much slower than before, only about 10-20% slower which is acceptable.
For the category problem, this will be solved in the next update.

I agree that the new rating sample format simplifies the view.
include colors to stripes, from red to green would help even more.

any list of fixes in this version? I notice the switch user is only in the Advanced mode wonder why we should have the option to switch users on PC what if a guest wants to use this, they can't? I also see on the about screen the amount of times launched do you guys record our launch times, and how long we use this for we should have an option to send in data to you at our choice? I am just going by what I see on the about screen maybe you guys can clear this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back