RadioBOSS 5.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bensisko said:
Hi Dmitry
Now I installed the new version of RadioBoss Beta 5.5.0.1. broadcasting does not work, the signal on air ok, but are not sent the data, controlled broadcasting statistic Date sent = 0, returns to the previous version 5.5.0.0 Beta RadioBoss everything runs smoothly.
That's odd... What broadcasting protocol (Shoutcast, Icacast) do you use foe the encoder that didn't work?

pety said:
There is a problem.
Always I restart PC or I start/restart RadioBOSS, it shows an alert window, like in image.
That wasn't in 5.5.0.0
Thanks for reporting. In 5.5.0.1 the UAC is more strict. It seems that some user setting cause this to appear. Can you please send a screenshot of RadioBOSS window, perhaps this will give some clues.

nelson c said:
Not see log because the list is generated by the Planner. Do not think that is the problem the number of tracks. The shortlist consists of two sub-categories.
-category 1 has to select a track in almost 9000 songs (priorities are used)
-the second preset has the same list of 9000 songs but with a rating of 6-10 filter. (I believe that as minimum there are 3000 songs that comply with this filter)

It is very difficult to replicate the problem.
Please try generating the list manually several times - maybe it will give you an error. I also think that it should save generator log when it creates the playlist by scheduler too - will be done in the next update, the log will help to know if something went wrong.

Full image of RadioBOSS.
Hope I understood right your request.

Attachments

• fullimage_RadioBOSS.jpg
    fullimage_RadioBOSS.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 482
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Not see log because the list is generated by the Planner. Do not think that is the problem the number of tracks. The shortlist consists of two sub-categories.
-category 1 has to select a track in almost 9000 songs (priorities are used)
-the second preset has the same list of 9000 songs but with a rating of 6-10 filter. (I believe that as minimum there are 3000 songs that comply with this filter)

It is very difficult to replicate the problem.
Please try generating the list manually several times - maybe it will give you an error. I also think that it should save generator log when it creates the playlist by scheduler too - will be done in the next update, the log will help to know if something went wrong.

Log file is a good idea. This is the result of the log

Code:
Generation started.
Loading category "---Inicio Transnoche---"
Category "---Inicio Transnoche---": loaded 1 tracks
Tracks after filters applied: 1
Loading category "---Fin Transnoche---"
Category "---Fin Transnoche---": loaded 1 tracks
Loading category "------Separadores------"
Category "------Separadores------": loaded 9 tracks
Tracks after filters applied: 9
Loading category "Musica Trasnoche"
Category "Musica Trasnoche": loaded 8850 tracks
Tracks excluded (priority less than zero): 13
Tracks after filters applied: 8699
Loading category "Super Clasicos Trasnoche"
Category "Super Clasicos Trasnoche": loaded 8850 tracks
Tracks after filters applied: 1017
Completed. Duration: 5:00:11

pety said:
Full image of RadioBOSS.
Hope I understood right your request.
Yes, thank you. The problem will be fixed in the next update.

nelson c said:
Log file is a good idea. This is the result of the log

Code:
Generation started.
Loading category "---Inicio Transnoche---"
Category "---Inicio Transnoche---": loaded 1 tracks
Loading category "---Fin Transnoche---"
Category "---Fin Transnoche---": loaded 1 tracks
Loading category "------Separadores------"
Category "------Separadores------": loaded 9 tracks
Tracks after filters applied: 9
Loading category "Musica Trasnoche"
Category "Musica Trasnoche": loaded 8850 tracks
Tracks excluded (priority less than zero): 13
Tracks after filters applied: 8699
Loading category "Super Clasicos Trasnoche"
Category "Super Clasicos Trasnoche": loaded 8850 tracks
Tracks after filters applied: 1017
Completed. Duration: 5:00:11
This log doesn't contain any errors but I suppose the resulting playlist doesn't have any problems either? Depending on what tracks playlist generator chooses each time, same template can be successful, or give errors - especially with limited number of tracks and strict filters and no-repeat rules.
In the next update it will keep a log file when it generates a playlist, this should help in diagnosing issues like this.

The resulting list is correct. Now I can appreciate as has varied the list by the new options of priority added. The only problem is I found two consecutive tracks by the same artist.

nelson c said:
The resulting list is correct. Now I can appreciate as has varied the list by the new options of priority added. The only problem is I found two consecutive tracks by the same artist.
It could be a result of strict no-repeat rules. The log feature should help diagnose problems like this (the log will save data for several past playlist creations)

RadioBOSS 5.5.0.2

Fixed streaming bug that was introduced in 5.5.0.1. Some other bugs are fixed as well.

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.5.0.2.exe

There is a problem with queue when put a playlist to the list.

When queue load a playlist:
  • FIRST: queue playes the first track from the playlist
  • SECOND: queue COUNT again (to playback queue) the first track from the playlist.
So, the solution is: open playlist in player and COUNT the second track from playlist as the first Q.

Images are very informative (I hope).

Attachments

• q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 416
  • q2.jpg
    q2.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 418
  • q3.jpg
    q3.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 414
From your images, it appears to be correct. When the playlist opens up, it plays all tracks from the playlist and then the track that was queued after the playlist.

djsoft said:
From your images, it appears to be correct. When the playlist opens up, it plays all tracks from the playlist and then the track that was queued after the playlist.
No, it is not. It plays twice "Forbiden Dreams"
If you need I'll make a video

The steps which RM makes them are:

1. Index the tracks added in queue (even a playlist which contains oder tracks, but do not shows them and the playlist is holded by a Player). Example with playlists which contains two tracks (1. Manfredi - Buon giorno, 2. Puppo - Su di noi):

- (1) Bon Jovy - Don't make me lough
- (2) playlist
- (3) Maddona - Don't make me lough too

2. When RB plays the playlist (Manfredi and Puppo) makes this:

- a) FIRST: play the first track from the playlist; (good action)
- b) SECOND: open the playlist in queue manager and index the tracks from the beginning: (wrong action)
        - (1) Manfredi - Buon giorno
        - (2) Puppo - Su di noi
        - (3) Maddona - Don't make me lough too

So,  Manfredi - Buon giorno will be played twice

pety said:
djsoft said:
No, it is not. It plays twice "Forbiden Dreams"
If you need I'll make a video
Now I see it, thanks :) Will be fixed in the next update.

eddr said:
Any news on the updated documentation? In particular API changes etc?
It's almost ready - will be published with RadioBOSS 5.5.0.3 update, within couple of days.

pety said:
There is a problem.
Always I restart PC or I start/restart RadioBOSS, it shows an alert window, like in image.
That wasn't in 5.5.0.0
It is solved !

The error with the editor of tags is corrected in next beta? Is quite annoying.

I'm anxious for test run events from the API :D

Still doing tests with the filling of Sweapers.
The selection is unbeatable, the result is perfect!. Great job.

Simply I wonder because limiting to a maximum of sweapers?.
I just realized that if the algorithm cannot meet the filling, not inserted sweaper, which is very correct.

I think would be more correct a checkbox "allow multiple sweapers"

If not is are files more boys to what needs filling is, is correct that not is enter any filling. (to not replace the transmission of the header)

nelson c said:
The error with the editor of tags is corrected in next beta? Is quite annoying.
It's in the queue for the .3 version.

nelson c said:
I'm anxious for test run events from the API :D
The API is already present in the latest update, here's the short list of its commands:
&action=schedule
&type=list, delete, run, add, update (one of those)
for "delete", "run", "update" command types there's also "id" parameter (you get the event ID when you perform "list" query)
for "update" and "add" commands there's "event" parameter that accepts event data in XML form (same as returned when you "list" events).

pety said:
pety said:
There is a problem.
That wasn't in 5.5.0.0
It is solved !
That's good :)

nelson c said:
Yes, now it's more strict but if you have lots of sweepers, it will find combinations that give the perfect or near-perfect result :)

nelson c said:
It already allows to add 1, 2 or 3 sweepers (the default is 2) - or I misunderstood the question?

nelson c said:
If not is are files more boys to what needs filling is, is correct that not is enter any filling. (to not replace the transmission of the header)
Can you please provide more information about it?

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Yes, now it's more strict but if you have lots of sweepers, it will find combinations that give the perfect or near-perfect result :)
After the post above are still doing tests. Use a 3500 Swapers folder, and it takes me about 15 minutes to generate the lists.(external drive)
And then I went to update it and it takes another 15 minutes.
There is no problem here, but I was wondering if it would be better to save a sort of auxiliary playlist, with the exact duration of each file. Then is would prevent rescan all the folder whenever it modifies the advertising. or when you use the command ADSUpdate
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
It already allows to add 1, 2 or 3 sweepers (the default is 2) - or I misunderstood the question?
I wonder because they limit the amount of sweapers. For the people that only can use a swepers, an option "only one a sweapers" would be correct.
I'm using music and institutional as sweapers. I think serious optimal algorithm to take the amount of Sweapers you want, whereupon more absolutely would be possible (which is very good for not always repeat the same thing).
My idea is that the algorithm decides the amount of sweapers, provided is respect the time established (as currently does), and not repeat a sweapers in a same block to fill.

For example:
A block of 5 minutes is could fill in the following mode:
-01:00 jingle
-01:00 jingle
-02:10 Music
-00:50 jingle

Another might be:
-02:10 Music
-00:50 jingle
-02:00 Music

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Can you please provide more information about it?
It is only a comment. I like the current behavior, if you can't find a sweapers meets requested not insert anything. (previously inserted to the random if not found that compliance with that time).
If you insert a sweapers more small, would not have any problem (only would return soon to the main transmission), but if the sweapers is longer tournament a piece of transmission of the header, which would not be anything good.

An error quite strange just of happen.
Is active the option maximum time of waiting in the list, while the event had begun.
According to the log, was at the very moment that ended one of the events in the list. They tested two files to the produce is this.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 415
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back