RadioBOSS 5.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At times I get an issue with the Sweeper playing after a  few seconds of silence. 

The sweeper is trimmed but looks like it has a long silent tail in this screenshot and only starts to play half way. 

Attachments

• SKIP.png
    SKIP.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 364
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
I think it moves between 3 and 5 seconds
It happens a few times, but it is very unpleasant to the air.
It plays 3-5 seconds after the Intro point?
Exactamente. No sucede siempre pero sucede.
Como dije anteriormente con VoiceTrack eso no sucede nunca

Michael G said:
At times I get an issue with the Sweeper playing after a  few seconds of silence. 

The sweeper is trimmed but looks like it has a long silent tail in this screenshot and only starts to play half way. 
If it happens only with specific sweeper, please send it to use for analysis: support@djsoft.net

djsoft said:
Does it happen with intros that start before the music track, or this happens with intros that start after music track is already playing?

I am able to reproduce this.  In my case, it seems that the sweeper will delay triggering if I have trimmed the beginning of the music track by placing "START" a few beats into the track (See Images). 
If I don't trim the track, the issue is not present.

djsoft said:
If it happens only with specific sweeper, please send it to use for analysis: support@djsoft.net
It may well be a specific sweeper so I'll email that to you.

Attachments

• Missed Sweeper cuepoint RB.png
    Missed Sweeper cuepoint RB.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Missed Sweeper cuepoint Track Tool View RB.png
    Missed Sweeper cuepoint Track Tool View RB.png
    49 KB · Views: 386
Another example of the problem with Intro
Establish a starting point must be the cause of the slipping

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    90 KB · Views: 370
Michael G said:
In my case, it seems that the sweeper will delay triggering if I have trimmed the beginning of the music track by placing "START"
nelson c said:
Establish a starting point must be the cause of the slipping
It appears that the cause was found :) Should be fixed in the next update

djsoft said:
It appears that the cause was found  Should be fixed in the next update
Thank you kind Sir! 

Also, Just an observation, I am able to set a mix point for Jingle File Types but it seems to be ignored.  My jingles have fade outs and regardless of placing a Mix Marker, there seems to be no effect and the Jingle plays to the End Marker.

Upgraded to latest beta.

- Clock doesn't work
- Visual elements of the program are showing - e.g. labels are showing up as rectangles over other elements
- The countdown clock for the 'current' track is moving but seems to be overlapping itself
- Playing time left seems to appear twice

Something that was occurring previously but I hadn't reported yet, was the 'X' on the library shows words behind it, looks like 'Cancel'. Carts appear normal. All menus appear normal.

This is only happening on one system. The other two are unaffected.

I'm guessing this is graphics card related. Is there anything in particular we need to have loaded on our system in order for RadioBOSS to appear correctly? E.g. any DirectX or other graphics related codecs etc. we need to have installed?

I downgraded to 5.7.0.4 on the affected system and everything appears correctly again, other than the 'Cancel' word appearing behind the "X". I have "Intel HD Graphics 4400" installed as the graphics driver.

Attachments

• screen-capture.PNG
    screen-capture.PNG
    235.5 KB · Views: 371
southernfm said:
This is only happening on one system. The other two are unaffected.
It appears that you have "Screen reader" mode enabled. Disabled it from the menu: View->Accessibility (Screen Reader) - make sure that's unchecked.

Michael G said:
Also, Just an observation, I am able to set a mix point for Jingle File Types but it seems to be ignored.  My jingles have fade outs and regardless of placing a Mix Marker, there seems to be no effect and the Jingle plays to the End Marker.
Please post a screenshot of jingle crossade settings, we'll try to reproduce it here.

djsoft said:
Quote from: Michael G on Today at 07:21:26 AM

djsoft said:
Please post a screenshot of jingle crossade settings, we'll try to reproduce it here.

I unchecked Settings>Playback > Fading> Do not crossfade Short Tracks which seemed to resolve my "issue". The Mix Marker appears on the Track Title Bar and the Jingle performs as expected

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Attachments

• RB Jingle Mix Point Resolved.png
    RB Jingle Mix Point Resolved.png
    30 KB · Views: 361
Hello, after trying some days, I noticed that Radioboss beta installed on Windows 10 is more stable with Windows 7 compatibility. On the other hand I have noticed that the compressor works much better, there is a small problem in the reading of the name of the tracks as the recordings of our advertisements and some songs of music presents it as "track" or "Untitled-1"... When installing on another Pc Radioboss Beta it is not possible to enter the key to be able to test, Tanks.

djsoft said:
It appears that you have "Screen reader" mode enabled. Disabled it from the menu: View->Accessibility (Screen Reader) - make sure that's unchecked.

100% was that. Upgraded to newest beta and working as expected. Thank you.

P.S. Any possibility of adding ability to turn screen reader on/off in user access controls (e.g. admin can block)?

Pablo said:
I noticed that Radioboss beta installed on Windows 10 is more stable with Windows 7 compatibility
It should not matter - we've tested it and it works for months on any modern Windows operating system. Perhaps there's something else that affects stability.

Pablo said:
On the other hand I have noticed that the compressor works much better
It will work the same on any operating system. Compressor is simply a mathematic function over audio stream, and math works the same on any OS :)

Pablo said:
there is a small problem in the reading of the name of the tracks as the recordings of our advertisements and some songs of music presents it as "track" or "Untitled-1"
It first reads the tag and if there is one, shows the information from there. If there's no tag, it reads file name.

southernfm said:
Any possibility of adding ability to turn screen reader on/off in user access controls (e.g. admin can block)?
Do you have a need to turn it on and off periodically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back