RadioBOSS 5.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
Why using custom file type for music tracks by the way?

I created a "Music" Filetype which allowed me to add "colour" for easy identification of certain genres,

I have removed the "Music" filetype and "Auto Intro" is now working superbly :) Without the custom filetype, I now understand "files that do not belong to any file type are treated as "Music"."

djsoft said:
Did you enable the "Cache tags" option?

No! 
djsoft said:
I want the Intro to End at Intro but I am not achieving this. 

It will only work if a track has Intro point set. For tracks without intro point, it will not work.

The intros are set on all music tracks.  As I had set my "music" set to a custom filetype, "Auto Intro" would not work!  Removing the Custom Filetype has resolved my issue.

Amazing Work! 

Michael G said:
I have removed the "Music" filetype and "Auto Intro" is now working superbly  Without the custom filetype, I now understand "files that do not belong to any file type are treated as "Music"
It's mentioned in the user manual: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm
In the future, it's possible that Auto Intro will have a more fine filter for file types, where you can select file types to include/exclude.

Michael G said:
This is odd. Does it happen with all tracks or it's for some tracks only?

djsoft said:
It's mentioned in the user manual: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm

Indeed it is and after a review of the manual today, I have identified features I have underutilised or postponed.

djsoft said:
This is odd. Does it happen with all tracks or it's for some tracks only?

It has happened since coming across RadioBoss in 2016 with various builds.  I never used the feature but planned to in the future so it was never an issue.  The text entered into the Track Information Panel does not appear to save in the panel itself but is clearly present when using the Track Tool.  Happy to put a video together!

I have just installed the Beta on my laptop and it does not replicate.  The text is visible and save.

Michael

djsoft said:
Auto Intro is skipped for tracks that belong to any user defined file types, for any special items (DTMF generator, text to speech etc) and for voice tracks
This does not work with VoiceTrack. AutoIntro is still playing. Attached log capture

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 334
Hi, would it be possible to set AutoIntro condition to track length ?

For example, play intro file only if track > 60 mins ?

Thanks ..

Great work btw !

djsoft said:
Auto Intro: shows remaining autointro jingle time in the now playing section
I think this must be redesigned. The most important thing is not to know how much time is left, if not know at what time an Intro will start (And which songs will have one) So that the speaker does not talk about the intro.
I attach an image with an idea about this

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 334
In the API command write label, it is necessary to pass all the fields when I only want to modify the rating for example ?. The reason is to make sure that only the necessary is modified because I am afraid that there is a coding problem in the characters.

Michael G said:
The text entered into the Track Information Panel does not appear to save in the panel itself but is clearly present when using the Track Tool.  Happy to put a video together!

I have just installed the Beta on my laptop and it does not replicate.  The text is visible and save.
So it doesn't work on one computer but works on another? That's odd as we failed to reproduce it here. Please send one of the files for which it doesn't work to support@djsoft.net, we'll check it.

nelson c said:
This does not work with VoiceTrack. AutoIntro is still playing. Attached log capture
Thank you - it could be a bug.

Rob Hayes said:
Hi, would it be possible to set AutoIntro condition to track length ?

For example, play intro file only if track > 60 mins ?
Yes, in the future it'll be possible to assign additional conditions for auto intros - thank you for the suggestion.

nelson c said:
I think this must be redesigned. The most important thing is not to know how much time is left, if not know at what time an Intro will start (And which songs will have one) So that the speaker does not talk about the intro.
I attach an image with an idea about this
Yes, that looks better than it is now, an improvement in that part is scheduled for the future updates.

nelson c said:
In the API command write label, it is necessary to pass all the fields when I only want to modify the rating for example ?. The reason is to make sure that only the necessary is modified because I am afraid that there is a coding problem in the characters.
Yes, you should pass all fields.
Do you mean the XML is corrupted?

djsoft said:
So it doesn't work on one computer but works on another? That's odd as we failed to reproduce it here. Please send one of the files for which it doesn't work to support@djsoft.net, we'll check it.

Thank you.  It's currently not a priority for my needs but I thought it would be best to let you know.  I have tried various theme combinations to no avail.    I'll send you a small video along with one of my tracks. 

djsoft said:
Yes, in the future it'll be possible to assign additional conditions for auto intros - thank you for the suggestion.

Thank you, this would be a great feature for my station.

djsoft said:
Yes, you should pass all fields.
Do you mean the XML is corrupted?
No, I just wanted to send the minimum and indispensable, just in case something goes wrong and the tag is damaged.

What happens with the fields: Play Count, BPM, FN, Duration. I imagine that all of them can not be modified using the WriteTag command.

If I send for example "Duration=0" in the xml this does not affect the tag, is not it?

I am not able to edit the files that contain "&" in their name. Because this is used to concatenate variables. Is it possible to add some code to replace this character in the file name?

Michael G said:
Thank you.  It's currently not a priority for my needs but I thought it would be best to let you know.  I have tried various theme combinations to no avail.     I'll send you a small video along with one of my tracks.   
The video received (and the problem indeed presents there), but no music file. Can you please re-send it?

nelson c said:
No, I just wanted to send the minimum and indispensable, just in case something goes wrong and the tag is damaged.
The proper way top work with it is to first read the tag and receive XML, then make necessary modifications and pass the modified XML to the writetag API. I strongly suggest using libraries to work with XML and do not edit it as a simple string. In this case you'll be sure that XML is properly formed.

nelson c said:
What happens with the fields: Play Count, BPM, FN, Duration. I imagine that all of them can not be modified using the WriteTag command.
It only modifies the usual tag fields (artist, title etc) and also BPM and rating. No other fields are modified. The duration is a read-only field, it's ignored in the writetag command.

nelson c said:
I am not able to edit the files that contain "&" in their name. Because this is used to concatenate variables. Is it possible to add some code to replace this character in the file name?
You need to urlencode() all parameters passed in the URL.

djsoft said:
You need to urlencode() all parameters passed in the URL.

I'm using urlencode in delphi (It was necessary for characters like "?", "?") and it works correctly, but not with the "&" character

Code:
conexionservidor:=Edit3.Text + '/?' + '&pass=' + Edit4.Text+'&action=readtag&fn=' + r;

if not DownloadURLFile(TIdURI.URLEncode(conexionservidor), ADPLocalFile)  then

with a manual replacement for "%26" it works. I do not understand how it can not be encoded

You need to encode each parameter individually:

Code:
conexionservidor:=Edit3.Text + '/?' + '&pass=' + TIdURI.URLEncode(Edit4.Text)+'&action=readtag&fn=' + TIdURI.URLEncode(r);

Thanks!. :)

Is it possible to add the read tag command the number of reproductions and the time of the last reproduction?

nelson c said:
Is it possible to add the read tag command the number of reproductions and the time of the last reproduction?
Yes, should be done in the next update.

Hello Dimitry,
your software is really awsome. After some usage i discovered a "bug" but seriusly i don't know if it is..

Track Tool:
don't stop at end tag.
BPM detector sometime fail (i know it could happen)

Featured:

Track tool:
calculate replay gain also
add possibility to exclude import file less than certain time
check for corrupted file during import

Radio BOSS:
search also in songs Lyrics (could be nice if i would like to find some songs with keyword inside)
no AUTO INTRO if track doesn't have intro time setted (i know someone else just requested this)
no fade in for auto intro or give possibility to remove or not to the user
Add "flexible" time to scheduler. I mean if a scheduled event will start at 3:00:00 PM but song will finish at 2:59:45 PM i would like schedule start at the end of this song and not the next one. I know is possible to tell to stop current song and start scheduled event but i don't like to truncate any song.
Increase width size of settings page. For some translation is not possible because them could be too long  ;D

Music Library:
add possibility to disable selected songs in batch mode insted edit every single track.

What i'm doing:
i started to translate 5.7 from original English file to Italian. Just for translation i know there are some web software can help to accomplish this work better so u can add all new phrase there and for us could be to easy to find new and translate them instead going in file and dig  ;D

workino said:
don't stop at end tag.
This is done on purpose, so you'll be able to listen the whole track.

workino said:
BPM detector sometime fail (i know it could happen)
Yes, we have plans on improving the quality of BPM detector in the future.

workino said:
calculate replay gain also
add possibility to exclude import file less than certain time
check for corrupted file during import
ReplayGain calc will be added to the Music Library in the future - to make it easier to batch process files.
You can check the music tracks from Music Library, use the Tools->Check music tracks menu.

workino said:
search also in songs Lyrics (could be nice if i would like to find some songs with keyword inside)
RadioBOSS does not have song lyrics information, so it's unlikely to have this feature...

workino said:
no AUTO INTRO if track doesn't have intro time setted (i know someone else just requested this)
This is already the case in the latest update. But it's only applied if you have set "Intro" as start at or end at in the auto intro settings.

workino said:
no fade in for auto intro or give possibility to remove or not to the user
It's controlled in Settings->Playback->Fading->Voice track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back