RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
We can't reproduce it here, I'm not sure what could be wrong... It could be your antivirus software that prevents from the file being installed. But there's nothing we can do as the installer works properly.

Ok, as I wrote, in the version 5.8.0.0 no problem, now I check the next update of the beta if the problem reoccurs again.

djsoft said:
Marco Nicolosi said:
I tried again to install Radioboss 5.0.8.1 Unfortunately the installation failed
We can't reproduce it here, I'm not sure what could be wrong... It could be your antivirus software that prevents from the file being installed. But there's nothing we can do as the installer works properly.

Marco Nicolosi said:
To ensure that a presentation Jingle is always at the beginning of the playlist would be interesting this option
This is already possible, just make sure to place a category at the beginning of the rotation. If you need it to appear only once at the beginning, then also check the "Use this category only once" option.

I wrote this because if in a schedule we activate the option to repeat, for example, every 30 minutes the same happens that it is inserted between the jingle that presents the program and the first block, this is a little pleasant... listening. With this option enabled you can perhaps avoid this situation.

Marco Nicolosi said:
I wrote this because if in a schedule we activate the option to repeat, for example, every 30 minutes the same happens that it is inserted between the jingle that presents the program and the first block, this is a little pleasant... listening. With this option enabled you can perhaps avoid this situation.
I'm not sure if I understand - the original request was about having a jingle category at the top of the generated playlist, and this is already possible.

RadioBOSS 5.8.0.2 beta

Changes
  • Fixed play after pause sometimes volume level was zero
  • Nowplaying text when stopped now also sent to streaming servers
  • Fixed scheduled events "maximum time wait" sometimes didn't work properly
  • Events list "Show groups" state is preserved between program restarts
  • Fixed occasional crashes when certain API commands were used
  • Fixed - additional start minutes for events didn't work
  • Changed the way "Do not action event when the playlist is stopped" option works: now the event is not inserted into the playlist
  • Track Tool: no confirmation box when Prev/Next buttons are used and the track was not edited
  • Minor bugs fixed

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.8.0.2.exe

djsoft said:
Added ability to mute main playlist playback when prelisten is used
I do not like at all the way in which this is implemented. A simple accidental click can leave the station silent.

It would not be better if it is hidden, and only for people who have a second sound board enabled for monitoring, will this option be visible?

So in only silence the monitoring, but not the main output.

Problem in the title of the window

Attachments

• Title.png
    Title.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 387
This option is very dangerous that is so accessible.
What is the reason? I think it's not something that should be accessed frequently

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 381
If a track is played without inserting it in a database, is that date stored as the registration date in the DB?
The same happens if asgino modified the rating of the track from the API?(And never played)

What happens if I replace a file, the playcount will go back to zero? It happens a lot with recorded radio programs which are replaced daily.

With the duration of the track will there be a problem?

Custom fields like filter in AutoIntro can be expected within this beta? I do not think it's too much work to add it  :)

djsoft said:
Changes
        Nowplaying text when stopped now also sent to streaming servers

Thank you for the update djsoft. The changes made are proving very useful.

Now in regard to above quote.
I am not clear on HOW the nowplaying.txt should be getting to the Broadcast Metadata.
In my tests today the Server is just showing the song last played from the Playlist.
Nowplaying.txt is being updated with the information I want, so that is working as it should, BUT its not moving thru to the server.

PS
RadioCaster is working fine because its picking up the information from the NowPlaying.txt file.
Its the inbuilt Broadcaster in RadioBoss that I cannot get to work.

Attachments

• RadioBoss No 2 29Sep2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 2 29Sep2018.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 392
Possible Bug
When I start RadioBoss the Playlist just automatically starts playing, which is not what I want. I want it to remain stationary until I am ready.

I haven't ticked any of the settings in "When Program Started" under Settings/General to enable it to start.

Attachments

• RadioBoss 29Sep2018.jpg
    RadioBoss 29Sep2018.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 397
MetaData - Next Song
Via Nowplaying.txt
Would it be possible to enable a GAP of some sort to be inserted between two tracks in Metadata, and words inserted of my choice (such as ......NEXT TRACK:, ......COMING UP NEXT:, ......NEXT TO PLAY:, ......COMING UP SOON, .....PLAYING NEXT: etc) with whatever these are called, Brackets??....[  ]
in order to make the distinction between the current playing track and the next track.
At the moment it just looks like one continuous line with nothing to show the separation.

Attachments

• RadioBoss No 3 29Sep2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 3 29Sep2018.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 392
  • RadioBoss No 4 29Sep2018 .jpg
    RadioBoss No 4 29Sep2018 .jpg
    21 KB · Views: 338
  • RadioBoss No 6 29Sep2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 6 29Sep2018.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 398
nelson c said:
What is the reason? I think it's not something that should be accessed frequently
Indeed !!!

Music level fades not accurately in Mic settings.
Fades are too abrupt even I have 1.4. At 2.4 is abrupt too.
Certainly it is a bug.

When music volume is low when activate mic volume decreases under 21 db (my settings).
So, here it is something wrong

nelson c said:
I do not like at all the way in which this is implemented. A simple accidental click can leave the station silent.
It only mutes the sound card playback - the streaming is not affected. We can add this to the "Control" section in the settings, to disable the option.
The purpose of this option is actually for people who have only one sound card and stream to the net. This allows to hear own broadcast and prelisten tracks on the same card, muting the main playback.

nelson c said:
Problem in the title of the window
Thanks - looks like this window loads incorrect translation.

nelson c said:
It doesn't do much - it only clears the cache, but no information is actually lost as the cache will be filled again when the track info is read from the tracks. It also has confirmation box.

nelson c said:
What happens if I replace a file, the playcount will go back to zero? It happens a lot with recorded radio programs which are replaced daily.

With the duration of the track will there be a problem?
The playcount will not reset, as it's being counted based on file name (if you use database to store additional information). The cache will be invalidated, as RadioBOSS will detect the file is changed - so it will re-read the tags and duration.

nelson c said:
What is the best way to make a BackUp in MySql?
Now the BD is as important as the files  ;)
Currently RadioBOSS does not offer such a feature. You can use the regular MySQL means to making a backup: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/backup-methods.html

nelson c said:
Custom fields like filter in AutoIntro can be expected within this beta? I do not think it's too much work to add it  :)
It's early to tell, but I think it would be possible in this beta.

DJSTU said:
I am not clear on HOW the nowplaying.txt should be getting to the Broadcast Metadata.
In my tests today the Server is just showing the song last played from the Playlist.
Nowplaying.txt is being updated with the information I want, so that is working as it should, BUT its not moving thru to the server.
Please make sure you have the "Produce silent output" option enabled in Settings->Playback. The title information is sent to the server along with audio data, so producing silence is required to perform title update on the server.

DJSTU said:
When I start RadioBoss the Playlist just automatically starts playing, which is not what I want. I want it to remain stationary until I am ready.
This shouldn't be happening. Does it happen always or it was a one time thing? If it happens again, please make a screenshot of the RB window.

DJSTU said:
Via Nowplaying.txt
Would it be possible to enable a GAP of some sort to be inserted between two tracks in Metadata, and words inserted of my choice (such as ......NEXT TRACK:, ......COMING UP NEXT:, ......NEXT TO PLAY:, ......COMING UP SOON, .....PLAYING NEXT: etc) with whatever these are called, Brackets??....[  ]
In the future there will be a template for the nowplaying file and this will be possible.

pety said:
Music level fades not accurately in Mic settings.
Fades are too abrupt even I have 1.4. At 2.4 is abrupt too.
Certainly it is a bug.
Can you please provide more information on this? Do you mean it does not respect the duration setting and there's no fade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back