RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using mysql: what happens if I make an API command to modify the metadata or the rating of a song that has not yet been played, so it is not in the DB. Is it inserted in the database?

in the case of the readtag command, if it is in the DB, the file brings the metadata from there, otherwise the file?

BMP progress bar must be over the search button?

BMP.jpg

Regular user DO NOT MUST HAVE access to setting and converting in Music Library -> Tools.
For example an user can convert all tracks from APE to SQLITE or set mix point. That is not good at all.

I think is not good to stop access to entire Music Library, becouse there are operations which an operator must do. Can you add in Users Permissions from Music only:
  • scan tracks and set mix point
  • convert additional info...
  • cache cleanup
This enumerated list present risks.
BUT all the others are necessary for regular work.

DJSTU said:
I now understand where you are coming from in regard to the problem you are having.

Have you got the box ticked "Remove previous schedule from the Playlist ?

The option to remove the previous schedule works if checked. However I am talking about an option in the standby mode where it expires for maximum time and the action is chosen between play or delete from the list at the end of the maximum time. See on the pictures!

Attachments

• Max time wait.png
    Max time wait.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 459
karnadolia said:
1. I'm used to seeing the grid of broadcasting for an hour before my eyes, but information messages (news) that change once a day can not be determined by groups. It would not be bad in assignments under the days of the week to lay down the function of selecting an audio file, it will be convenient to distribute floating tasks to groups
We may be adding a grid overview in the future, as it's being asked from time to time. Currently you can sort the events by the Run In column, in this case you will see the events in order they are supposed to start.

karnadolia said:
2. In functions of "Voice Tech" add processing with any audio editors
You can open the saved voice tracks with any audio editor. They are saved in WAV so I think any audio editor can handle that.

karnadolia said:
3. Card Machine the ability to connect a MIDI controller
We'll consider adding this in the future, thank you for the suggestion!

Marco Nicolosi said:
Here are some tips that can be implemented in this or next versions:
1-it would be important to be able to have this window with editable dimensions with sliding text, in order to read even the long names of the Temple.
This is a good change actually - will be implemented in the next update.

Marco Nicolosi said:
2-When you have a lot of events you have to scroll through the window to search for a particular event that repeats because it is programmed to different days and times for several days, here is a small search string that only visible the results can help to find them . Example in the picture
I think this will be included together with some other improvement we plan for the future - separate scheduler window and/or scheduler window in additional zones. This will allow to have more screen space for the whole thing.

Marco Nicolosi said:
3-it is possible to close or open the groups of the Presets of Play Generator Pro As for the schedules, in order to simplify the scrolling and the search of a preset.
Currently it's not possible. I see on your screenshot that there are lots of presets... But I'm not sure collapsible groups will simplify things, as searching for some preset can become even more difficult. As for the other request, I think it would be possible to preserve scroll position.

celso said:
Exactly, it does not start any event in the second minute mark onwards, the curious thing is that the program warns you more does not launch in the list or plays.
This does not reproduce here. Can you please make a screenshot of RB window just after it was supposed to launch the event but it didn't?

DJSTU said:
I can live with these events being inserted, but actually my preference would be for the "Do Not Insert" to mean just that.
Was there a rationale behind this working the way it does now ? I ask because because older versions wouldn't insert anything whilst stopped. So has someone asked for it to be like this ?
This was not changed for some time. And I don't recall that it was different. I'll see if the behavior can be changed, or there is some reason for it to be like this (this will take some time to look up in the docs).
I think it would be logical to not do anything, as the option says "Do not action event when the playlist is stopped" -  the event should be skipped completely if the playlist is stopped.

celso said:
I did not say that the events are not released, said they are released but do not expire when they are on hold for maximum time. An example, time announcement, should expire in 7 minutes if it does not play within that time, should delete it from the list. This does not happen, so if I have a file bigger than 10 minutes, it accumulates another time announcement, when it reads what it is reproducing, it speaks the two time announcement. so accumulates and only leaves the list when it reuses but does not respect the maximum time established.
This does not reproduce here, the expired events are properly removed. Can you please provide a time announcement event screenshot so that we try it with your settings?

DJSTU said:
I am wanting to take advantage of the new option in "General/Advanced Configuration"
in regard to "Text - NowPlaying text When Stopped"
BUT the problem with this is that Broadcast Metadata is taking the text from (presumably) the Playlist artist/filename and ignoring NowPlaying.txt.
I think that can be extended, so it will send the same text to the server.

nelson c said:
Dmitry, while having support for MySQL is a great feature, any chance to add support for SQL Server in this beta?
I don't think so as adding a new database is a lot of work, I'm sorry. Also SQL Server is not that popular. Is there any reason to prefer SQL Server over MySQL/MariaDB?

nelson c said:
RB takes too long to detect that the transmission is cut off. About 5 seconds.
It would be good if, immediately after the transmission, the reproduction begins in the main player, without these silences that happen now.
I'll see if that can be improved, thank you for the suggestion.

nelson c said:
Also I think it would be a good idea if RB is in "stop" and the reproduction starts when the "relay" is cut. In this way the transition would be "more natural" and not two clues that join anywhere. In other words, the main player should start a song from the beginning, at the moment the relay stops for some reason.
Yes, this would be possible, e.g. it can pause the current track when relay starts, and move on to the next track when it stops. This should be done soon.

nelson c said:
I have not tried it yet but I am reading the documentation and it is a great feature
If I export the audio tracks, where are they stored in the remote installation?
The tracks are stored in the Temp folder in the settings.

nelson c said:
Also with this feature I got a question: Is there already an api command to upload files? and to download?
Currently there are no API commands for this.

nelson c said:
for example I can expect improvements in weather announcements. I think we had talked about adding sources under subscription.
Yes, this is still planned, but I'm not sure if this will be added in this version.

nelson c said:
Another thing I expected for this beta is categories for music.
I started my own development for this, but I would like to know what the plans are on the side of RadioBOSS.
There are plans for categories, the problem is that there are lots of other plans, and some required internal changes to RadioBOSS to allow implementing this feature.

nelson c said:
Using mysql: what happens if I make an API command to modify the metadata or the rating of a song that has not yet been played, so it is not in the DB. Is it inserted in the database?
It will add a new record to the DB.

nelson c said:
in the case of the readtag command, if it is in the DB, the file brings the metadata from there, otherwise the file?
If there's no cached entry in the database, then it will read from the file directly.

pety said:
BMP progress bar must be over the search button?
Yes - will be fixed.

pety said:
Regular user DO NOT MUST HAVE access to setting and converting in Music Library -> Tools.
For example an user can convert all tracks from APE to SQLITE or set mix point. That is not good at all.
Currently it's not possible to control areas of Music Library. It's only possible to disable the Music Library completely for a user.

celso said:
However I am talking about an option in the standby mode where it expires for maximum time and the action is chosen between play or delete from the list at the end of the maximum time. See on the pictures!
So, you have "Delete" action, but the event is not being removed from the playlist after 7 minutes have passed?

Hi there,

some improvements to the beta.

Track Tool:
1. Can't drag the black position marker any more
2. When setting Hook in/out or other things it doesn't set where I click... approx 1 second later
3. The confirmation prompt is hardly annoying me... wish to disable it.
4. By skipping to the next track over "Next"-button the position marker isn't at the start.
5. Track Tool doesn't save correct information (no hook points, inccorect file type) - Espacially in case when opening the Track Tool right under a music file with file type set.

Also I am missing that feature: Hook Playlist column (see https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5206.0.html)

djsoft said:
Currently it's not possible to control areas of Music Library. It's only possible to disable the Music Library completely for a user.
I know, Dmitriy, that's why I pointed it out. Is it possible in the future to control areas of Music library?

RadioBOSS 5.8.0.1 beta

Changes:
  • File tag cache can now be used if APEv2 is used to store additional information
  • Mix point is changed after it's edited in Track Tool for playing track
  • Fixed Music Library crashes
  • Fixed cart wall font color selection bug
  • Fixed "relaystart" ignored letter case in URL
  • Fixed crash on startup on some systems
  • Minor UI improvements and bug fixes

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup_5.8.0.1.exe

So far 5.8 is performing well.

One new addition is: Added ability to mute main playlist playback when prelisten is used.

Would it possible to do the same thing for Seque Editor and Seque Editor 3?

Attachments

• RB Mute.JPG
    RB Mute.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 391
Iff a song is playeing an i select the pause button the music stops, that is ok but wenn i push the play button egain the player works but there is no music, so i have to pusch the play button again.
The problem is that the song starts at the beginning
I think Pause should be pause and not start at the beginning
Sorry for bad english

Possibly a Bug djsoft.
I downloaded some 8 videos and converted them into MP3.
For some reason about 50% of them come up in ORANGE font instead of BLACK. Just why RB is picking on some files, I do not know. Because of the file nature, I am just leaving the file name for the file to appear for TITLE purposes in the Playlist.
If I try to change File Type TRACK TOOL comes up with an "empty square" where it should say MUSIC (I'm presuming).
When I click on a regular Music File in TRACK TOOL I notice File Type is also Blank. Is this default, or purely because the word MUSIC isn't there to appear ?
BUT should I change the File Type to say "Network Stream" then it works and changes the font to Green.

index.php

If I use Right Mouse Click in Playlist - Tools/Set File Type/Music, it will come up with an option showing MUSIC.
If I choose MUSIC (where at least the name MUSIC appears)  in Tools/Set File Type, it doesn't change the file type at all (unless this change is invisible).
But even if invisible its not changing the font colour, so my guess is that its just ignoring the File Type change totally.

index.php

Using either method (Blank Box in Track Tool and Music in Tools/Set File Type) neither method shows any visible/changed file type.

BUT what will change the font colour immediately to Black is whilst in TRACK TOOL and entering an artist name in, save, and then the file just automatically changes to BLACK font.

PS
I have since had play around with changing colours for the File Types.
The only File Type now that remains ORANGE is for NEWS
Therefore the ORANGE font the Music File is picking up is somehow associating itself with NEWS.

Attachments

• RadioBoss 22Sep2018.jpg
    RadioBoss 22Sep2018.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 605
  • RadioBoss 2 - 22Sep2018.jpg
    RadioBoss 2 - 22Sep2018.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 590
celso said:
The option to remove the previous schedule works if checked. However I am talking about an option in the standby mode where it expires for maximum time and the action is chosen between play or delete from the list at the end of the maximum time. See on the pictures!

I have experimented with big files and small files together and also encountering the exact same problem as you Celso.
When you choose WAITING OPTIONS its not ACTIONing either Delete or Play.
It will remove the Previous Schedule from the Playlist if that box is ticked.

PS
later addition:
Like Celso I am also using Win 7 (Celso mentions this in a later post further down).

index.php

HOURS
Also djsoft, I can confirm that the extra Hour entries are not working. Only the first of the nominated minutes is working.
What is happening is that the event is working in the sense of going through all the motions of
doing what it should, but at the very end just doesn't make the insert into the Playlist.
index.php

Attachments

• RadioBoss No 3 - 22Sep2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 3 - 22Sep2018.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 685
  • RadioBoss No 4 - 22Sep2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 4 - 22Sep2018.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 762
On the File type bed function, it would not be more optimal if two consecutive tracks belong to the same type of file, the reproduction of the bed continues, (instead of starting from the beginning again as before).
Maybe it's something difficult to implement but the result would be much more professional  :)

djsoft said:
This was not changed for some time. And I don't recall that it was different. I'll see if the behavior can be changed, or there is some reason for it to be like this (this will take some time to look up in the docs).
I think it would be logical to not do anything, as the option says "Do not action event when the playlist is stopped" -  the event should be skipped completely if the playlist is stopped.

Yes, this was how it worked several years ago. Maybe even longer. Whilst stopped, nothing was inserted.
And most likely my fault I haven't mentioned it before yesterday, because when you are testing newer versions of RB, you are testing them 99% of the time PLAYING and not in STOPPED mode.

DJSTU said:
Quote from: celso on September 21, 2018, 07:10:01 AM

I have experimented with big files and small files together and also encountering the same problem as you Celso.
BUT only on certain Events, not all of them.
SAY TIME was one of them but changing to "Remove Previous Schedule from the Playlist" seemed to cure it.
Suggest you try it and see what happens. I don't guarantee it will work, its just worth a try.

Also djsoft, I can confirm that the extra Hour entries are not working. Only the first one is.

RadioBoss No 3 - 22Sep2018.jpg (118.6 kB, 489x268 - viewed 44 times.)

RadioBoss No 4 - 22Sep2018.jpg (8.67 kB, 132x135 - viewed 68 times.)

Hello, I believe it must be a problem that is happening with windows 7 in both 64-bit and 32-bit versions, I tested both versions and the flaws are exactly the same. At the moment I do not have a computer with windows 10 or 8 to test, so I get here put the result. As for removing the previous events, there are no problems when you markup removes previous sheddule from the playlist. However the delete or play function when time expires, this is very useful at least in my case! I ask Dmitry to do a test with windows 7 64 and 32 bits.

Hello
I wanted to make a comment about the advertising programmer.
What is the possibility to add with the buttons "add" and "remove" the "replace" button. I say this because when an ad is scheduled and that announcement requires an audio change, you have to delete the ad completely and set it again to make the audio change. It would be nice if there was that button to replace audio.

Thank you and sorry for my English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back