RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D D Hello, Now the events in maximum standby mode are working correctly in version 5.8.0.2, as well as the function of multiple minutes, a note to all is that the minutes should be marked this way 05,10,15. group function is also kept checked or unchecked by default just saving in profile. Congratulations Dmitry.

http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.8.0.2.exe?_ga=2.34574817.1792822155.1538224716-2100037454.1501155920

djsoft said:
It doesn't do much - it only clears the cache, but no information is actually lost as the cache will be filled again when the track info is read from the tracks. It also has confirmation box.
What happens if the metadata were edited, or the intro of a song? this will be lost?

There are several problems in TrackTool.
I was testing Mark the intro on this track.
Sometimes the waveform does not match the beginning of the track. (The waveform was silent, but the reproduction was more advanced)

Steps to reproduce the problem:
-Click on the play button, move with the mouse the reproduction to the part that is attached in the image.
If you click several times, the reproduction starts from the correct part.
The pre-listening buttons for the points also have this problem

Song: http://appgim.eshost.com.ar/test.mp3

With the attached track, set the starting point at 0.90 and 0.70 and make a preview of both points.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 411
djsoft said:
Please make sure you have the "Produce silent output" option enabled in Settings->Playback. The title information is sent to the server along with audio data, so producing silence is required to perform title update on the server.

That option was already enabled, so the solution must be elsewhere. The metadata (for the inbuilt Broadcast) seems to be coming from the Playlist and not from NowPlaying.txt.

djsoft said:
This shouldn't be happening. Does it happen always or it was a one time thing? If it happens again, please make a screenshot of the RB window.

It's happened a number of times. Later on today I will restart RB and take a screen shot.

djsoft said:
This shouldn't be happening. Does it happen always or it was a one time thing? If it happens again, please make a screenshot of the RB window.

I have found the cause of the Playback starting. Its being activated by Broadcast.

index.php

Now when the Broadcast option says "Start Playback after having connected to a Server" I took this to mean "Start STREAMING after having connected to a Server".
As in streaming silence if there was no sound present and not waiting until the Playlist started. In fact I think it automatically does this anyway as default ?
Having Broadcast ON and also actively streaming are two different things, or so I thought.

However as the Log shows it did in fact start Playback of the Playlist.
My feeling is this is not needed here as it over-rules the choices in Settings General and just causes confusion.
Others might have a different view on this, and have good reasons as to why it exists.
If the feeling of the group is that it should remain, maybe a better place is to have it listed is under Settings/General/When Program Starts. That way the Start choices are all together and certainly a lot more clearer.

Attachments

• Radioboss No 1 30Sep2018.jpg
    Radioboss No 1 30Sep2018.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 401
  • RadioBoss No 2 30Sep2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 2 30Sep2018.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 601
In tracktool now you can not play beyond the end point of a song. This is on purpose?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 374
Dmitry,
I have problems with a set of songs. (It is not imported to the DB)
I suppose it can be a problem with the file name.

Adelantos\2014\Mayo\LMQSV #11 - Mayo 2014 - La Mu?sica Que Se Viene\37- On A Roll - Icona Pop - LMQSV#11.mp3

another example with problems
\Eros Ramazzotti - ???????????\Eros Ramazzotti - Lo mejor en espa?ol\CD 1\05 - Nuestra vida.mp3

I think I forget these post :)

nelson c said:
If a track is played without inserting it in a database, is that date stored as the registration date in the DB?
The same happens if asgino modified the rating of the track from the API?(And never played)

nelson c said:
djsoft said:
Added ability to mute main playlist playback when prelisten is used
I do not like at all the way in which this is implemented. A simple accidental click can leave the station silent.

It would not be better if it is hidden, and only for people who have a second sound board enabled for monitoring, will this option be visible?

So in only silence the monitoring, but not the main output.

I would like to raise the question of probability on the tabs again, if it is possible to add in this version would be very useful, since the way it is is very loaded since it is not intended to insert a separator for each commercial as well as that it has protection of repetition .

djsoft said:
Marco Nicolosi said:
I wrote this because if in a schedule we activate the option to repeat, for example, every 30 minutes the same happens that it is inserted between the jingle that presents the program and the first block, this is a little pleasant... listening. With this option enabled you can perhaps avoid this situation.
I'm not sure if I understand - the original request was about having a jingle category at the top of the generated playlist, and this is already possible.

I try to explain better with a sequence of photos screenshot.
Photo 1-The playlist is almost over is going to load next event in the schedules
Photo 2-now uploaded a new event a program divided into 2 blocks the red one at the top is the jingle that presents the program.....
Photo 3-Now must enter a series of promo programs of the radio that repeats (as you see) every 30 minutes about.
Photo 4-How to see the insertion of the promo (green and brown stripes) cut out the jingle that shows the program that remains at the top. This is not nice the correct one should enter the promo after ending the song aired as in photo 5
Photo 5-I moved it by hand in the correct position where it should be the jingle that presents the program after the promos.
That option that I indicated in the post is intended to "create a single block of the program", leaving out all unwanted insertions.
I hope I was understood now in the explanation of what I meant.

Attachments

• foto 1.jpg
    foto 1.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 382
  • foto 2.jpg
    foto 2.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 325
  • foto 3.jpg
    foto 3.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 327
  • foto 4.jpg
    foto 4.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 333
  • foto 5.jpg
    foto 5.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 327
celso said:
a note to all is that the minutes should be marked this way 05,10,15
You can write "5" instead of "05", and you can use spaces between minutes if this is more convenient (e.g 5, 10, 15).

nelson c said:
What happens if the metadata were edited, or the intro of a song? this will be lost?
This information is not stored in the cache, so clearing the cache does not affect it.

nelson c said:
Sometimes the waveform does not match the beginning of the track. (The waveform was silent, but the reproduction was more advanced)
It could be a bug, thanks for the information!

DJSTU said:
That option was already enabled, so the solution must be elsewhere. The metadata (for the inbuilt Broadcast) seems to be coming from the Playlist and not from NowPlaying.txt.
Yes, the nowplaying file is write-only if RadioBOSS is concerned. The source is always the playlist (and any custom titles assigned for file types, etc). What server type do you use? We'll try to reproduce it here.

DJSTU said:
Now when the Broadcast option says "Start Playback after having connected to a Server" I took this to mean "Start STREAMING after having connected to a Server".
As in streaming silence if there was no sound present and not waiting until the Playlist started. In fact I think it automatically does this anyway as default ?
The purpose of this option is to start song payback when it's connected to the server, so the stream is started with a song just started (not mid-song). This is useful for radios with remote DJs - when the server allows the connection, RadioBOSS is connected and starts the song. In your case, if you need silence, then you should disable this option.

DJSTU said:
Others might have a different view on this, and have good reasons as to why it exists.
If the feeling of the group is that it should remain, maybe a better place is to have it listed is under Settings/General/When Program Starts. That way the Start choices are all together and certainly a lot more clearer.
This is a good question, as "Startup" options are about RadioBOSS startup, when the software is launched, so it doesn't really fit there. Anyway, as this is the first time when this option brought confusion, and this option exists for 5 years at the least, I think we can safely leave it where it is :)

nelson c said:
In tracktool now you can not play beyond the end point of a song. This is on purpose?
Yes, this is how it should be - this allows testing how End mark works with other marks.

nelson c said:
I have problems with a set of songs. (It is not imported to the DB)
I suppose it can be a problem with the file name.
Are there any error messages? The file names look OK and shouldn't be a problem...

nelson c said:
I think I forget these post
This was answered here: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5601.msg27345.html#msg27345

nelson c said:
If a track is played without inserting it in a database, is that date stored as the registration date in the DB?
Adding a track to the Music Library doesn't really change anything, the track database (cache and additional information) is filled automatically.

celso said:
I would like to raise the question of probability on the tabs again, if it is possible to add in this version would be very useful, since the way it is is very loaded since it is not intended to insert a separator for each commercial as well as that it has protection of repetition .
Can you please provide more information?

REGIANE ORTIGOSA said:
bom dia Senhores
gostaria da chave de linceca do radio boss58 se possivel deis de ja agradeco
Please send a request as mentioned in the first post.

Marco Nicolosi said:
Photo 4-How to see the insertion of the promo (green and brown stripes) cut out the jingle that shows the program that remains at the top. This is not nice the correct one should enter the promo after ending the song aired as in photo 5
I don't think that would be correct - you need the event that was started last (Photo 4) play before the event that was started first (Photo 2). This is against the natural order.
I suggest you to enable the "If there are scheduled tracks in the playlist, enqueue" option for the promo event (the one that is on Photo 4) so that it will go after the program event (Photo 2) - in this case, it will not break the program event and it will be left as a whole.

djsoft said:
Are there any error messages? The file names look OK and shouldn't be a problem...
There is no error message.
Only that the metadata is not imported into the database, and the playcount is always at zero (It does not increase when playing the track)

djsoft said:
It only mutes the sound card playback - the streaming is not affected. We can add this to the "Control" section in the settings, to disable the option.
The purpose of this option is actually for people who have only one sound card and stream to the net. This allows to hear own broadcast and prelisten tracks on the same card, muting the main playback.
This can be very useful for these cases, but for terrestrial stations it is very dangerous. We have disabled the volume control of RadioBOSS to avoid accidents and this is more prone to accidents.

Is not it a better idea to mute the monitoring board? In this case, the main output is not affected.
Or if not an option to turn this off

Recently restart the PC. (It was not frozen) and when starting RB I do not charge the last profile.
I loaded it manually and everything worked ok (indicating that the profile was not damaged)
Is it possible to improve this?

djsoft said:
I don't think that would be correct - you need the event that was started last (Photo 4) play before the event that was started first (Photo 2). This is against the natural order.
I suggest you to enable the "If there are scheduled tracks in the playlist, enqueue" option for the promo event (the one that is on Photo 4) so that it will go after the program event (Photo 2) - in this case, it will not break the program event and it will be left as a whole.

Ok
Well then do as you said

Off topic: Format one of the main PCs and restarting Windows does not reconnect the shared folder.
I remember that we discussed it before and there were some steps to solve it, but I can not find it in the forum.
Dmitry remember what those steps were?

djsoft said:
The source is always the playlist (and any custom titles assigned for file types, etc). What server type do you use? We'll try to reproduce it here.

You can view the Server here :
http://138.68.236.50:8000/index.html

Both these streams come from the output of the very same RB player.

Stream 2 uses RadioCaster and reflects the information within nowplaying.txt

Stream 4 uses the built in streaming from RadioBoss BUT is NOT reflecting all the information from within nowplaying.txt.

This is a possibility that might help finding a solution. Yesterday I was doing tests with Edcast (a Radiocaster equivalent)
Edcast would not read the second line (being the Playing Next song) in the txt file.
Maybe this is the case with the built in Broadcast in RB not reading this second line, whereas RadioCaster is reading it with no problems.

djsoft said:
Anyway, as this is the first time when this option brought confusion, and this option exists for 5 years at the least, I think we can safely leave it where it is
Righto. Then lets compromise. Maybe reword it so it says "Start playback (of Playlist)" or " Start playback (of Playlist 1)" so as it takes away any impression of Playback meaning streaming, and thus is very clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back