RadioBOSS 6.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Playlist windows is not empty. The tracks are loaded in the Playlist and wait the DTMF End signal. But if in the Event (with tracks) are checked "Clear playlist" or "Remove previous schedule from the playlist" the DTMF End will not execute and the songs will not play?! Only if these two options are unchecked the tracks will play.
The "Clear playlist" option is uses for the DTMF event or for some other event that starts afterwards?

qualidade da gravação da transmissão do ao vivo está com chiado e baixa qualidade
Please write in English because it's the language used on this forum.

egue editor is not working -- "internal audio error" message is coming, how to fix this pl. help
Please ensure that you have selected a proper device for "Prelisten" in RadioBOSS's settings.

Ecco cosa vedo nella schermata principale.
Please write in English because it's the language used on this forum.

They are running on the same windows 10 pc. It shows that the mapped drive - MUSIC (\\WNAQ\WNAQ) (R) is listed in the 5.9.4.0 version and not in 6.0.0.4 version.
This is odd, we don't have this issue here on any of the test computers. We'll check it again, thank you for the info.

I have 5 licenses that are activated on 5 different machines (Win 7, Win8.1 Win 10), they all have the same result on any track with Replay Gain (Not working). On version 5.9.4.0 it works normally, of course on the same devices. I checked a few times, as you can see in the attached photos. I really don’t know what could have gone wrong here. The settings have not been changed.

Attachments

• Replay Gain.PNG
    Replay Gain.PNG
    58.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Replay Gain 2.PNG
    Replay Gain 2.PNG
    62 KB · Views: 273
I have 5 licenses that are activated on 5 different machines (Win 7, Win8.1 Win 10), they all have the same result on any track with Replay Gain (Not working). On version 5.9.4.0 it works normally, of course on the same devices. I checked a few times, as you can see in the attached photos. I really don’t know what could have gone wrong here. The settings have not been changed.
One possibility is that if you have normalized those tracks using Music Library, the Replay Gain will be ignored in this case and normalization tag used instead. Please send us one of the music tracks so we can check it here.

One possibility is that if you have normalized those tracks using Music Library, the Replay Gain will be ignored in this case and normalization tag used instead. Please send us one of the music tracks so we can check it here.
No, I didn't. I tried an identical song normalized with Replay Gain and without normalization ... the result is the same on all 6.x.x.x versions. I emailed you a sample.

Last edited:
RadioBOSS 6.0.0.6 beta

Changes

• Changed how crossfade settings are processed: settings that are turned off for file types turn off the option (previously it inherited the setting from the "Music" crossfade)
  • Integrated web browser uses Edge as its browsing engine (*)
  • Fixed Mute Playlist bug in prelisten when prelisten device is the same as the main device
  • Music Library: hint for "Last played" cell shows last played history
  • Fixed: mix/fade for teaser items did not work
  • Fixed bugs when executing certain commands in the playlist
  • Fixed: sometimes tracks were interrupted while fading out
  • Toolbar jingles are played without fade in/out
  • Fixed: cart wall loop did not work
  • Fixed: "Do not crossfade short tracks" option did not work
  • Other bugs fixed
Download: https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_6.0.0.6.exe

(*) In order to activate it:
  1. Beta version of Edge must be installed https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download
  2. RadioBOSS must be installed to a folder with write permissions (not in Program Files)

RadioBOSS 6.0.0.6 beta

Download
:

(*) In order to activate it:
  1. Beta version of Edge must be installed https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download
WHAT ???
Why would I need a Microsoft Browser ?
I would never put any Microsoft Browser knowingly on any of my computers. In fact I remove any existing ones that a Windows OS install puts on.
Can you please explain ?
For me this might/could be the end of the road for my using Radioboss.

WHAT ???
Why would I need a Microsoft Browser ?
I would never put any Microsoft Browser knowingly on any of my computers. In fact I remove any existing ones that a Windows OS install puts on.
Can you please explain ?
For me this might/could be the end of the road for my using Radioboss.
What is the problem here? is OPTIONAL, Edge is the default browser present on all windows pc.
If you want to use Chrome as a plugin you can download the plugin for RB

Also both browsers are based on the same Chromium engine, and the new edge really works very well.

What is the problem here? is OPTIONAL, Edge is the default browser present on all windows pc.

Also both browsers are based on the same Chromium engine, and the new edge really works very well.
In order to activate 6.0.0.6 it says you need it, so its hardly optional.
Edge only garners 6% of the browser market so its certainly not mainstream at all, and 6% indicates its barely used worldwide, plus it is an untrusted browser for security reasons.
But most of all what has Edge got to do with using Radioboss ? Why would you need it ?

Righto.
It looks like I got a bit over-excited about Edge.
Now I am not on a remote viewer looking at the Forum I see Edge is only associated with the built-in browser on Radioboss. Finally saw the asterisk attached to the statement..
In my case I never use the built-in browser.
So I guess I can stop jumping up and down now and go about installing 6.0.0.6. instead.

It's saved in a SQLite/MySQL table so the file can't be shared anymore. You can export it as playlist and import on another computer.
Our studio computer is responsible for playing the music, we have administrative computers responsible for managing the music. You're saying we have to now do both tasks on the same computer? That will not work - we can't interrupt our on-air presenter to perform administrative tasks. I hope I'm misunderstanding this change.

Hello
The song-on-demand system does not even work under ID TAG (APEv2), in the "Title search" screen there is no artist, title, there is only "Requested"and "Message"
Thank you
Have a good day

Last edited:
Edge uses Chromium as its rendering engine, like the vast majority of modern web browsers, so in terms of web site display there are no differences between the web browsers. The advantage is that Edge will soon be pre-installed on all systems and RadioBOSS will be able to use it with no additional configuration. RadioBOSS is a Windows software so using features that the OS has is logical. The alternative is to include 200MB of our own Chromium browser in the distribution - that is, RadioBOSS setup will grow from 40MB to 240MB which I find unacceptable.

Since I'm new to Beta testing RadioBoss software, can someone please tell me if there is a way to use an "hour marker" or similar to tighten up playlists?
Currently not, but we'll be adding hour markers in 6.0.1 or maybe even in this beta if there's a demand for it.

recording quality of the live broadcast is hissing and low quality
Thank you for letting us know. Can you please specify what is recorded poorly, music, microphone?

This won't be possible with 6.0, that plugin is for 5.9 and older versions, the new version changes the principle how the web browser is hosted, so the plugin won't load. As you have noted, Edge is very good so there's no need in a custom Crromium implementation.

Our studio computer is responsible for playing the music, we have administrative computers responsible for managing the music. You're saying we have to now do both tasks on the same computer? That will not work - we can't interrupt our on-air presenter to perform administrative tasks. I hope I'm misunderstanding this change.
In this case you can use the same MySQL database (preferably hosted on the On Air computer) for all RadioBOSS installations, in this case all music libraries along with trsack parameters will be shared among the computers - no need to copy any files at all.
Note that paths to music files must be the same everywhere - it's a simple task just map the shared network folder where the music is to the same drive letter on all PCs.

The song-on-demand system does not even work under ID TAG (APEv2), in the "Title search" screen there is no artist, title, there is only "Requested"and "Message"
Thank you, we'll see what could be wrong with it.

Drag and Drop complete playlists to the left or right would be great, now with 15 playlists you have to move it one place to the next for 14 times to get it from the right to the left ^^
Sorry for bad english, hope you understand what i mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back