RadioBOSS 6.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you intend to make a converter (a paid "plug-in"?) to convert old music library RB 5.9 to the new one RB 6.0. ?
It's already possible to import the old XML libraries into the new library: click Add, then Import and select the XML file type.

Hi, I noticed that the voice track could be better designed. Well, if the intro of track is longer than the voice track, it starts from start. It will be better if RB could cutoff the intro of track and at the end of voice track the song play from first vocal.
For example. Song 1 ending, start voice track (duration 5 sec) and Song 2 (intro 10 sec) starts beneath voice track from 5th second.
It's how it should work - appears to be a bug and voice tracks are not designed correctly. By design it should always end the voice track at the second song's intro.

I have another idea. I asked 'bout 3 yrs ago could be in future available option on fx tab where we could choose whith fx will be affected on different outputs. That will be very usable for us in broadcasting who use 2 or 3 outputs (main playlist, card, preview)
If you select a differfent device for cart wall, it will go there without processing. Preview is never processed.

In Music Library > Analyze and optimize database is locked?
It appears that the database is locked for some reason e.g. you have RadioBOSS or another instance of Music Library perform some tasks that use database intensively. Try again a bit later and it should work.

Will you add to Track Tool days and hours when the track can play?
Adding time is planned for the future version. Currently you can specify dates when a track can play, it's useful for e.g. Christmas songs.

Would still like multi select back in the playlist... I don't think we can upgrade without that function so we may stay on 5.9.4 if it's not on the roadmap
Do you mean dragging multiple tracks? Because multi select is possible.

I am not sure that you and I are thinking exactly alike on this. But at least something like Comments would be at least a good start method, albeit sounding very manual (my impression of thinking how you envisage it will work).
There's no manual work involved. It can simply insert markers when different hours start - automatically. It's only indicating the hour bounds - nothing else, playback order is not going to be changed. If you see it differently you can create a new thread to discuss the matter.

please do not forget my suggestion of comments opening in a window instead of a single line.
Can you please specify what comments?

Prior to release 6, a scheduled TTS event that uses the "Overlay Playback" option would not execute until the currently playing track finished. Beginning with release 6 the event triggers immediately and plays over the currently playing track
It was not changed in this version. You can control this if you use the "Maximum time to wait" option for the scheduled event.

The "Mute playlist" option does not work. The currently playing track and the pre-listen track play together.
Seems to be working here. Do you use the same device for Prelisten and Main playback? Can you please send a screenshot of Playback settings in RadioBOSS?

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 237
In Music Library > Analyze and optimize database is locked?
It appears that the database is locked for some reason e.g. you have RadioBOSS or another instance of Music Library perform some tasks that use database intensively. Try again a bit later and it should work.
In 5.9 database optimizing works with no problem. In 6 is constantly locked. The player don't play and i'm nothing doing with the Library. No another instance open.
I found out when I close Radioboss, and Music Library stay still open than the optimizing work.

Last edited:
Can you please specify what comments?
I love the popup when the cursor is on the Comment column.
However I have detailed information about the track in the Comment field and I can not see it all in the one line popup.
Is it possible to popup in a scrollable window instead of the single line?

Example of Track Comment

"C'mon Let's Do It" is a song written by Jimmy Manzie and Glenn A. Baker and recorded by Australian band Ol' 55. The song was released in January 1977 and peaked at number 24 on the Australian Kent Music Report, becoming the band's second top ten single.

Thanks

Hi, I noticed that the voice track could be better designed. Well, if the intro of track is longer than the voice track, it starts from start. It will be better if RB could cutoff the intro of track and at the end of voice track the song play from first vocal.
For example. Song 1 ending, start voice track (duration 5 sec) and Song 2 (intro 10 sec) starts beneath voice track from 5th second.
It seems that doesn't work on RB 5.904 either. And I noticed that when VT plays, it doesn't attenuate track

It does seem we are somewhat thinking alike then... altho clearly not fully alike. Full automation for the hour marker bringing in and stepping up/introducing the next hour is what I am wishing for, leaving overplay items from the previous hour unplayed and discarded.
Discarding items is a questionable feature. Hour markers should only mark - not remove anything or modify the playlist or perform other actions.
I'll see if it would be possible to add in this version as an experimental feature. We'll see where to move from there.

In 5.9 database optimizing works with no problem. In 6 is constantly locked. The player don't play and i'm nothing doing with the Library. No another instance open.
I found out when I close Radioboss, and Music Library stay still open than the optimizing work.
RadioBOSS 6.0 utilizes database more intensively than previous versions. Also, generally you don't need to optimize it, it's a rare task for cases when your database is very large and want to fix performance issues. This is almost never the case in RadioBOSS as databases are relatively small.

However I have detailed information about the track in the Comment field and I can not see it all in the one line popup.
Is it possible to popup in a scrollable window instead of the single line?
This is planned for one of the future updates, it's currently in the dev queue.

It seems that doesn't work on RB 5.904 either. And I noticed that when VT plays, it doesn't attenuate track
Are you sure that it's actually processed as a voice track? Is it marked in italics in the playlist?

Do you mean dragging multiple tracks? Because multi select is possible.

Not from the music library to the playlist. I mean songs already in the playlist, moving them around, moving them up/down etc. For example if you generate a playlist of songs and add them to the end of the existing playlist, then wanted to move those tracks up near the top (e.g. to start playing '10 minutes from now' as an example), we would have to do this one track at a time now. I know we could do events or triggers or things like that, but it doesn't allow for manual playlist creations on the fly, e.g. when a presenter gives us late notice of them not arriving and we just want to quickly compile a list and get it ready to play. Yes there are ways we could do this, but moving multiple tracks within the playlist is also useful for presents currently on air, configuring their lists as well. Multiple reasons why it's needed.

we would have to do this one track at a time now
You can also Cut-Paste them to perform relocation. Multi-track-drag will be added in later updates. This is due to playlist control and internals completely rewritten in this new version, so some features are not yet present.

hay un problema en radioboss. explico situacion.
1º/ limpieza de lista de reproducion
2º/ inserto un archivo de locucion de la hora ( son las 12 )
3º/ inserto la temperatura y humedad.

el insertar la 3º no se coloca a continuacion de la hora. al ejecutar se va arriba del todo , pero si vuelvo a ejecutar entonces si correctamente se pone a continuacion a continuacion de la hora.

he probado de varias maneras y no funciona.
aclaro que la hora es una pista de reproduccion y que la temepratura es una lista de reproduccion que contiene 2 archivos temperatura + humedad. no se si eso tiene algo que ver.
VER VIDEO ADJUNTO

UN SALUDO

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there is a problem in radioboss. I explain the situation.
1st / playlist cleaning
2nd / I insert a locution file of the hour (it's 12 o'clock)
3º / I insert the temperature and humidity.

inserting the 3rd is not placed after the hour. when executing it goes up completely, but if I re-execute then if correctly it is then placed below the hour.

I have tried various ways and it does not work.
I clarify that the time is a play track and that the temperature is a play list that contains 2 files temperature + humidity. I don't know if that has something to do with it.
SEE ATTACHED VIDEO

GREETINGS

Attachments

• radioboss.rar
    8.5 MB · Views: 318
With stream in flac, when a buffer exhaustion occurs, however the player does not go to the next track as in other streams. (there is a constant hiccup) ..

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 261
I am using version 6.0.0.5 and Radioboss is still crashing and restarting every 18 to 36 hrs here is my bugs report

Attachments

• bugreport_20201016-075847.txt
    56.9 KB · Views: 244
  • bugreport_20201018-095517.txt
    57.4 KB · Views: 247
RadioBOSS 6.0 utilizes database more intensively than previous versions. Also, generally you don't need to optimize it, it's a rare task for cases when your database is very large and want to fix performance issues. This is almost never the case in RadioBOSS as databases are relatively small.
I don't use this option. Just warning that something isn't working.

Last edited:
buenos días tengo problemas con los botones de efectos siguen sonando despues de apagarlos y toca eliminar el botón para que se quite el sonido tengo la versión radio Boss beta 6.0.0.6
1603109602217.png

inserting the 3rd is not placed after the hour. when executing it goes up completely, but if I re-execute then if correctly it is then placed below the hour.
You can use the "If there are scheduled tracks in the list, enqueue" option to make it insert after previous scheduled event.

With stream in flac, when a buffer exhaustion occurs, however the player does not go to the next track as in other streams. (there is a constant hiccup) ..
It will wait for some time in case the stream revives. Or this does not happen and it just stays silent indefinitely? I'll add it to the list of bugs, thanks.

I am using version 6.0.0.5 and Radioboss is still crashing and restarting every 18 to 36 hrs here is my bugs report
The crash is in the "Vinyl.dll" module - it is a VST plugin, perhaps it has a bug. Please try turning it off to see if it fixes the crash problem.

I don't use this option. Just warning that something isn't working.
Yes, optimizing the databased requires full access to it. We'll improve wording in the error box to clarify it. Thank you for pointing this out.

buenos días tengo problemas con los botones de efectos siguen sonando despues de apagarlos y toca eliminar el botón para que se quite el sonido
Do you use the same device for cart wall playback or it's played on a different device? Carts fail to stop when you click to stop it or also they do not stop when a track ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back